Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

I think i've made the situation better, i went back to the shop and even though the jeans were supposed to be final sale, i got to exchange. I exchanged them for 31 Weird Guys in the same wash. I'm not too sure if the sizing is okay, but these feel tighter than my normal 29x30 or 30x30 Levis jeans...

So, what's the procedure on these?

my slimguys also distort on the waist but thats because i have my belt on tight while the waist has been stretched.

im probably gonna end up altering them after their first wash so they fit perfectly

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

how i wish i'd seen that earlier in the day. what sizes did they have?

No idea, sorry...

They probably had your size though! [​IMG]

3. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

i went tts on a pair of weirdguys and i couldn't even button the bottom button. [​IMG] curse my thighs.

that doesn't sound physically possible, i only have that issue when i size down 3 or 4 and i've got hockey legs

4. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I sized down 2 on the slim guys, and while they were sort of a nightmare at first, they've more or less stretched out to where I wanted them (probably about 1 1/2 sizes of stretch). That's after a little less than 2 months of occasional wear, plus an initial soak and wearing them till dry. They're definitely still snug and not loose at all. I actually like the fit quite a bit, though if I got that last 1/2 size of stretch out of them I would be even happier. The denim itself is great. It's the 15 oz. deep indigo. It was super-rigid at first, which made getting into them when they were still really tight kinda comical, to say the least. But I think the fades are going to be great. I kinda want a pair of skinny guys now (the Momo collab looks great), but I think I'd go TTS on those.

5. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Final Restocks - - Momotaro x Naked & Famous "Skinny Guy" collaboration - all sizes available once again 28-36. We were able to get a few more pairs of this collab denim and currently have at least 4 pairs of each key size, but don't sleep on it. Once these are gone, that is it.

Momotaro x Naked & Famous Collaboration "Skinny Guy" 14oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7998500

Model in photos is 6' and 165 lbs wearing size 32 (TTS). For those familiar with Naked & Famous fits, normally model wears 31 in skinny guy denim (sizing down 1), 30 in weird guy denim (sizing down 2). This collaboration either order TTS or sized down 1. Inseams are extra long at 39". Contact us for additional sizing help.

More information can be seen on our latest blog post. Link: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...aboration.html

6. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Back in Stock!

Naked & Famous "Slow Vintage" Slim Fit Hoodie in Charcoal - - $142
    - Fabric made in Japan on vintage loopwheel machines from late 1800's
    - Fabric shipped to Canada and hoodies are made in Canada
    - 100% cotton
    - Multi-color interior
    - Available in sizes XS-L (restocks available, if we are out of stock of your size e-mail us)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7998000

More information can be seen on our latest blog post. Link: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...opwheeled.html

On colors or sizes which we do not stock, special order is available - e-mail any inquiries. All colors available include gray, charcoal, navy, and red (we stock charcoal and gray).

7. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

any chance you have another "flash" sale on those hoodies? [​IMG]

8. H2O

H2O Active Member

Do you guys know if there would be a noticable difference in how the slim and weird guys fit in the crotch if I sized up 1? No store around me carries them. I sized down 1 on the slim guys and the crotch is just a little too tight. I need to start running more.

I was having the same problem with the Weird Guy in 31, which I have in 2 pairs; major camel toe going on. Not very flattering... OR IS IT?! I ended up sizing up to a 32 in a few new pairs I bought and they fit PERFECTLY.

9. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Thanks for the sizing info on the Momo collab, Jay-D. Much appreciated.

10. Pope Hilarius

Pope Hilarius Member

hey wharf your email unsubscribe link [link] doesnt work

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Final Restocks - - Momotaro x Naked & Famous "Skinny Guy" collaboration - all sizes available once again 28-36. We were able to get a few more pairs of this collab denim and currently have at least 4 pairs of each key size, but don't sleep on it. Once these are gone, that is it.

Model in photos is 6' and 165 lbs wearing size 32 (TTS). For those familiar with Naked & Famous fits, normally model wears 31 in skinny guy denim (sizing down 1), 30 in weird guy denim (sizing down 2). This collaboration either order TTS or sized down 1. Inseams are extra long at 39". Contact us for additional sizing help.

More information can be seen on our latest blog post. Link: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...aboration.html

Do they fit the same as normal Skinny Guys? Asking because I may stop by the local Barney's to try them on and order the same size in the Momo collabo. Thanks.

12. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Do they fit the same as normal Skinny Guys? Asking because I may stop by the local Barney's to try them on and order the same size in the Momo collabo. Thanks.

Not necessarily. I tried on a pair of 30 skinny guy's and thought I was a 30 in the Momo's. Turns out the momo fits me better sized down 1 to 29. If you are going to Barney's, though, they may have the momo collab in stock. I've been to Barney's Co-Op Chicago, Barney's Co-Op the Grove Los Angeles, and Barney's Co-Op Beverly Hills, all of which had/have a full run of them.

The 29 was a struggle to get the button shut but better in the long run for me. They do stretch a bit.

13. 2Scoops

2Scoops Senior member

Anyone got any pics of their tan belt after it's been worn/broken in

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Not necessarily. I tried on a pair of 30 skinny guy's and thought I was a 30 in the Momo's. Turns out the momo fits me better sized down 1 to 29. If you are going to Barney's, though, they may have the momo collab in stock. I've been to Barney's Co-Op Chicago, Barney's Co-Op the Grove Los Angeles, and Barney's Co-Op Beverly Hills, all of which had/have a full run of them.

The 29 was a struggle to get the button shut but better in the long run for me. They do stretch a bit.

How long did it take for them to stretch for you? Thanks for the heads up, I was actually planning on stopping by the Co Op at The Grove after work today.

15. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

i had the same thing with momo's, wear a 30 weird guy normally, tried on 32 momo and they were too big, they didn't have 31's for me to try on but i'm pretty confident a 31 would have been perfect