• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

snow goose

Reaction score
So, my cousin just bought Naked And Famous - Weird Guy- Vintage Blue Selvedge, and they are about 1-2 inch too big on the waist when i tried them on? Is there anyway to make it shrink down so it fits me better, while still getting the best out of them? Unfortunately, i can't get exc/refunds, and i'm a noob at this, didn't expect my cousin to buy raw for me...

also, if i use a belt, why does the back of my jeans kinda distort, is it because of the belt? or the jeans?

Or should i just ignore everyone and just wear em anyways?

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snow goose

also, if i use a belt, why does the back of my jeans kinda distort, is it because of the belt? or the jeans?

The back of your jeans is distort when you use a belt because its too big on you. For weird guys, i think people usually size down 1-2, slims and skinnies are minus 1. I'm going to assume you can't exchange it for another size?

snow goose

Reaction score
yeah, i can't exchange, so i'm kinda effed. wish there was some way to fix it, it seems not...
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nezero
What makes the elephants different from just normal indigo?
Is it just more rigid?

I already have a pair of nudies in indigo but want another pair of denim.

I like the look of NF, should I just get the blacks in Skinny Guy or is there a vast difference between say the elephants and my nudies?

elephants are a heavier cut, 19oz, not much else aside from that. they're pretty hard to find now though.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snow goose
So, my cousin just bought Naked And Famous - Weird Guy- Vintage Blue Selvedge, and they are about 1-2 inch too big on the waist when i tried them on? Is there anyway to make it shrink down so it fits me better, while still getting the best out of them? Unfortunately, i can't get exc/refunds, and i'm a noob at this, didn't expect my cousin to buy raw for me...

It's because of the jeans....

1-2'' is a huge deviation.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried on the n&f x momo's last night at barneys. I really like the fit. slimmer than anything i have right now. the 29s fit well throughout but i had room in the waist. the 28s i could squeeze in with a little difficulty but then i had trouble buttoning all the way (reminded me of my initial APC days). i could probably button all the way if i sucked in. so 29 is the better fit???

the fit is nice and the construction seems solid. i was surprised at how thin and light they were. probably would be a good weight for spring/summer.

i probably wont buy right now. too many recent purchases and i am putting all my time into the SExDBxSxS12 jawns but this may be my next jean.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just tried on a pair myself last week out of curiosity at Barneys in NYC. I really liked the fit. They're definitely slim, but not super skinny. I was surprised, too, at how light (and soft) the denim is. The denim looked really good. Nice indigo with a slight sheen to it. I even thought the purple inseam stitch looked cool. If they ever go on sale I might have to grab a pair.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
tried on the n&f x momo's last night at barneys. I really like the fit. slimmer than anything i have right now. the 29s fit well throughout but i had room in the waist. the 28s i could squeeze in with a little difficulty but then i had trouble buttoning all the way (reminded me of my initial APC days). i could probably button all the way if i sucked in. so 29 is the better fit???

the fit is nice and the construction seems solid. i was surprised at how thin and light they were. probably would be a good weight for spring/summer.

i probably wont buy right now. too many recent purchases and i am putting all my time into the SExDBxSxS12 jawns but this may be my next jean.

300zx1985

Reaction score
Here is a pair of Indigo Wierdguys in sz31 I just picked up... could have possibly sized down 1 more but I didnt feel like crushing my balls:
DSC00657.jpg

Overall liked this fit alot... whatever123 those greys I bought off you were just a tad too big
frown.gif
!
I also tried on some of the momotaro skinny guys and was actually a sz33 in those... so anyone who is curious is Wierdguys are vanity sized, they definately ARE. For reference I am 5'11 the inseam on these is quite long.. cant wait for the stacks to settle in.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude

My personal advice is to actually buy the size down as the waist will stretch quickly. I bought TTS and regret it. I'm trying to wait on a sale as well for the 29's and then I may dump my 30's in B&S. This is my personal experience, but I'll just say if it feels loose at all TTS it's not going to get any better, and if you like the fit better sized down they will stretch and you will be able to fit the waist, even if it is similar to APC's. I love them, though. They fade fairly quickly and are really comfortable with great details. No way to get around hemming them a bit unless you are Jack Skellington.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cool good to know. i was thinking of grabbing 28 anyway cuz i know things stretch like crazy

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
My personal advice is to actually buy the size down as the waist will stretch quickly. I bought TTS and regret it. I'm trying to wait on a sale as well for the 29's and then I may dump my 30's in B&S. This is my personal experience, but I'll just say if it feels loose at all TTS it's not going to get any better, and if you like the fit better sized down they will stretch and you will be able to fit the waist, even if it is similar to APC's. I love them, though. They fade fairly quickly and are really comfortable with great details. No way to get around hemming them a bit unless you are Jack Skellington.
About after how many wears do you think the stretching occurred? NF jeans are pretty cheap so I may pick up a pair.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
About after how many wears do you think the stretching occurred? NF jeans are pretty cheap so I may pick up a pair.

I'm talking about the Momo collaboration, all denim is different, but these are anything but cheap at $275. All I can say is that my size 30 have stretched a bit pretty quickly, not as much as they would stretch if they were sized down because there would be more tension. All I know is the size 30 (TTS) is a bit too loose for my liking, the size 29 actually fits well but is hard to button up in store, but I'm confident it would work for me.

As far as I know the Momo collaboration was constructed by Momotaro of mostly Momo materials to N&F specifications. Don't take my advice on these for any other N & F jean.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
I'm talking about the Momo collaboration, all denim is different, but these are anything but cheap at $275. All I can say is that my size 30 have stretched a bit pretty quickly, not as much as they would stretch if they were sized down because there would be more tension. All I know is the size 30 (TTS) is a bit too loose for my liking, the size 29 actually fits well but is hard to button up in store, but I'm confident it would work for me.

As far as I know the Momo collaboration was constructed by Momotaro of mostly Momo materials to N&F specifications. Don't take my advice on these for any other N & F jean.

$275 isn't bad for a pair of denim at all. I was referring to the regular NF at around $150 at being cheap.

Thanks for your input.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure you guys saw the N&F jeans for $29 and $39 on Gilt's final sale today

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
$275 isn't bad for a pair of denim at all. I was referring to the regular NF at around $150 at being cheap.

Thanks for your input.

I'll add this: My legs are pretty skinny, so these might fit someone else TTS but fit me better a size down. I'm confident they will stretch enough in the waist when sized down 1, but I doubt they would be workable sized down any more than that.

They fit me well enough in my true size that I've been wearing them, they'd just be better for me a bit more snug.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads