• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
your options will likely be

A: return/exchange for another pair
B: send the denim to montreal for repair
C: order a replacement button/rivet from N&F (free) and have it fixed locally

How much would it cost to have the button fixed?

I had some jeans sent back to them once for repairs and it was $17 just to ship them.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if anyone's interested in the red slim hoodie check my sale thread, selling a small, it may be the only one out in the wild right now

IMGP0086.jpg

i got page turned

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
My top button just popped off on my 26oz NF Black Denim jeans.

I'm kinda choked.
Should I go back to the retail store?

your options will likely be

A: return/exchange for another pair
B: send the denim to montreal for repair
C: order a replacement button/rivet from N&F (free) and have it fixed locally

I think the best way to go is to exchange them for another pair if you can. I've had a loose button fixed by the manufacturer before (Samurai, not N&F), and that button came loose again pretty easily.

Replacing the button can be problematic as well. I've been told by a different jeans manufacturer (William Kroll of Tender) that when you replace a button on a pair of jeans, it's never the same as the original button. The replacement button is always a little bit looser because of the hole that the original button made in the denim.

Unreachable

Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up my first pair of Weird Guys. I'm kind of torn between the Indigo, Broken Twills, and Deep Indigo. I've been reading around and the Indigo's seem like a huge PITA to wear in and fade. The Deep Indigo's are really popular and standard pair, but the broken twills looks very similar and cheaper. What should I go for?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DI probably fades faster, although it had been said on Hypebeast that BT's are no slouch.

Ordense

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
I think the best way to go is to exchange them for another pair if you can. I've had a loose button fixed by the manufacturer before (Samurai, not N&F), and that button came loose again pretty easily.

Replacing the button can be problematic as well. I've been told by a different jeans manufacturer (William Kroll of Tender) that when you replace a button on a pair of jeans, it's never the same as the original button. The replacement button is always a little bit looser because of the hole that the original button made in the denim.

Absolutely right, but if nothing else can be done, the old button hole area (i mean the hole punched by the button/rivet) can be patched and then a new button can be installed.
You need some sewing skill and elbow grease or a denim friendly tailor

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted these in the denim thread, thought I would post them here as well. These are the revival selvedge.

DSC02096.jpg

coco2010

Reaction score
they look great^^

Anyone selling Weird Guy in Grey sz. 30/31? Cant seem to find em on sale anywhere..

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
washing and wear details bisc?

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's about a year of wear right there, almost daily. I've washed them maybe 6 times? I have to wash more than some since I occasionally get olive oil on them at my job.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
How much would it cost to have the button fixed?

I had some jeans sent back to them once for repairs and it was $17 just to ship them.

i'm not sure how much it would cost to have the rivet punched back in, i actually haven't had mine fixed yet, they need a kick press or something though

Nezero

Reaction score
What makes the elephants different from just normal indigo?
Is it just more rigid?

I already have a pair of nudies in indigo but want another pair of denim.

I like the look of NF, should I just get the blacks in Skinny Guy or is there a vast difference between say the elephants and my nudies?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do all NF stretch the same in with regardless of style and the makeup of the jeans (ie some has elastane)?

If so, what's the general rule? Stretch an inch?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads