Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Did I start a controversy of something [​IMG]

I don't know where N&F came up with "slow vintage". Maybe it is a lost in translation thing. There are loopwheel machines out there which are less than 20 years old and maybe they did not want to get confused with the more recent machines. Bottom line, the fabric is produced in the one factory in Wakayama, Japan that owns the vast majority of the the vintage loopwheel machines from the 1800's. The fabric is nice.

As for price, N&F is able to make this product, and nearly everything including denim, for a much lower cost because there is agreement between Canada and Japan to allow raw goods to pass through each country without being charged duties or tarrifs. This is only raw material, not finished product. Thus N&F can bring the loopwheeled fabric to Canada, make the hoodie there, and charge a much better price than other loopwheeled items made in Japan and sold in USA or Canada. Additionally NAFTA (North Atlantanic Free Trade Agreement) allows finished products produced in USA or Canada to cross the border without being charged duties as well.

2. ofcsoccerguy

ofcsoccerguy New Member

shit and i paid like 250 dollars for the camo indigo jeans!!!! fucking rip off!!!
    do you know what the weight of the camo indigo is? i cant find info on it anywhere!

3. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

would you guys say that weird guy is the same fit as Levis 514s?

4. Ego Death

Ego Death Active Member

would you guys say that weird guy is the same fit as Levis 514s?

No, they're more tapered; the hem is smaller.

5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

i wouldn't, no

6. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

No, they're more tapered; the hem is smaller.

sweet cause i had tp get my 514s tapered also

7. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

Weird Guy 19 oz. Elelphant Denim. What do yo guys think? I didn't have any real trouble buttoning these up. Should I stick with these or try to size down, which I am not exactly sure would be possible. I do know that the Weird Guy's stretch a good amount, is that the same with the 19 oz. Elephant denim?

[​IMG]

8. halisray

halisray Senior member

They were easy to button? I'd go down a size.

9. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

Yea they feel snug after all the buttons are done up, but I didn't by any means have to really fight to button them up. These are a 28. I do not think a 27 was made[​IMG]

10. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Looks fine. Snug is fine.

11. 2Scoops

2Scoops Senior member

the top button of my 21oz popped out. been wearing them a year so it's not like it was too small. if it happened to you, what did you do? i emailed NF, no response so far.

12. auxym

auxym Member

So, I picked a pair of WeirdGuys (in deep indigo) for a really good price after christmas. I had to go TTS (32) though, as there were no 31s left and 30 was so tight I couldn't even pull 'em up past my butt. It's got a bit of hip flare going on, and they'll get too loose in the waist for sure once they stretch out, but overall for the price I paid I'll keep 'em anyways.

I just wanted to ask you guys' opinion on hemming these. Keep the mad stackz, or hem by an inch or two? I already gave them a 2-hour hot soak to get any shrink out.

[​IMG]

13. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

i think they look good auxym and i would not hem them. you might find they wont stretch out all that much.

14. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

Yea they feel snug after all the buttons are done up, but I didn't by any means have to really fight to button them up. These are a 28. I do not think a 27 was made[​IMG]

i could barely button the top button and now they're sagging to the point they just stay on without a belt after 2 months

i'd try another size down

15. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

So, I picked a pair of WeirdGuys (in deep indigo) for a really good price after christmas. I had to go TTS (32) though, as there were no 31s left and 30 was so tight I couldn't even pull 'em up past my butt. It's got a bit of hip flare going on, and they'll get too loose in the waist for sure once they stretch out, but overall for the price I paid I'll keep 'em anyways.

I just wanted to ask you guys' opinion on hemming these. Keep the mad stackz, or hem by an inch or two? I already gave them a 2-hour hot soak to get any shrink out.

[​IMG]

don't hem stacking is nice