Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

2. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

^ That's the original state of the fabric backside.

I think Kiya mentioned some time ago that there were 'micro-rib' loop-wheelers?
    Not sure what he meant...
    Anybody care to expand?

3. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Can someone with a bit more knowledge than I please elaborate on what makes these hoodies loopwheeled? I ask because I have seen these in person and they do not compare in weight, or softness to any loopwheeler sweats I have from Studio D'Artisan, The Real McCoy's, or Buzz Rickson. Every loopwheeler fleece I have ever come in contact with does not have tiny loops like these do, but rather a very soft fleecy feeling. Not only that, but on Naked & Famous' own website, they make no mention of loopwheel fabric, but rather simply call them "slow vintage." Now here pops up another write up on them designating them as loopwheeled. I think these are cool hoodies, great for the price, and look and feel great in person. However, until I get further information from N&F or the like, I am going to go ahead and say they are not loopwheeled in the way I have ever encountered. I don't doubt they are made in Wakayama, Japan...but I do doubt this classification. I really like loopwheeled material and I am truly interested in the process and garments. All I have to say is the only loopwheeled zip-ups I have come across are sold from BiG or Rakuten and cost $220 or more. loopwheel material from SDA: http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-con...y-sweat-04.JPG
    Yeah, they don't look at all like any loopwheeled fabric I've ever seen, but I don't understand the process well enough to say whether they are or aren't. What mikecch and whatever123 said makes sense to me.

4. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

in full disclosure, i dont know a whole lot about loopwheeled fabric but i do know i want a loopwheeler machine in my living room. anyone have one for sale? [​IMG] thanks.

5. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Just had a look back at page 134 of this thread - we've had this discussion before and someone mentioned e-mailing N&F to confirm...? @MSSneaker: you've seen these in person right? I was just looking at some pictures on page 133 on this thread and the hardware seems to be plastic/coated metal, can you confirm? Oh, and reading material: http://www.tezomeya.com/more/kanekichi.html http://www.kanekichi-turi.com/turi_outline.html http://www.e-ifuku-shop.com/html/newpage.html?code=1 Can also buy loop-wheeled fabric online in Japan :p

6. whatever123

7. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

have you people seen the info they provide on their link?

http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/b...intag-hoodies/

i dont know if a "Tsuri Circular Knitting Machines" is the same as a lw ...

Thanks for the link.

Those are loop-wheelers in that factory photo.

8. whatever123

thats what i thought too.

9. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

FYI, these hoodies have been out for over a month now.
    Most retailers had them then, Four Horsemen, Times Profile Shop and many others.

I'm just surprised discussion is happening now.

10. whatever123

FYI, these hoodies have been out for over a month now. Most retailers had them then, Four Horsemen, Times Profile Shop and many others. I'm just surprised discussion is happening now.
    i guess it was discussed like 35+ pages ago. we like rehashing the past.

11. entrero

entrero Senior member

FYI, these hoodies have been out for over a month now.
    Most retailers had them then, Four Horsemen, Times Profile Shop and many others.

I'm just surprised discussion is happening now.

i guess it was discussed like 35+ pages ago. we like rehashing the past.

Jay-D, what have you done!

12. whatever123

Jay-D, what have you done!
    it was n&f's description.

13. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I re-hashed the topic because the last time it came up we seemed to have all concluded they were not loopwheeled...

Anyway, from what I've seen of them I think they are great for the price. Obviously there are Japanese companies making incredible loopwheel fleece zip-ups but you can't get away with one of those for less than $225...and most people are not willing to pay that much for sweats.

I may buy one of these N&F hoodies. If anything I had never heard of "slow vintage" and hadn't seen any loopwheeled piece that looks like these.

14. andrew_mehra

andrew_mehra New Member

Denim looks Good...Pls do provide some pics an sites for the same...Thanks for sharing!!!!

15. whatever123

I re-hashed the topic because the last time it came up we seemed to have all concluded they were not loopwheeled...

Anyway, from what I've seen of them I think they are great for the price. Obviously there are Japanese companies making incredible loopwheel fleece zip-ups but you can't get away with one of those for less than $225...and most people are not willing to pay that much for sweats.

I may buy one of these N&F hoodies. If anything I had never heard of "slow vintage" and hadn't seen any loopwheeled piece that looks like these.

its a good thing to question actually.