Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

at CM you get the pants and blazer for 500
    N+F blazer alone is 400

Are you sure the CM suit is fully canvassed? Canvassed suits are generally expensive. If it is it's a good deal assuming the material used is good.

As for the N+F costing more, I believe all of their products are made in Canada. (their jeans are for sure) I have a few items from CM and they are made in other countries like China, India, etc where cost of labor is probably a fraction of that in Canada. If you look at the wages there in US dollars you will see just how cheap they are getting stuff. Also CM produces their products in much higher quantities thus getting it at an even cheaper price per unit.

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

to those who have the nf+momo, how do you like them? are they worth the extra $?
    from what ive heard from mss, they are the shit. momo makes really nice stuff.

3. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

to those who have the nf+momo, how do you like them? are they worth the extra $?

They are worth it. They are constructed by Momo and are basically Momo jeans in a Skinny Guy cut. They also have a red selvedge line instead of pink. I'd say they are more Momo than N+F, nothing against N+F at all, just my observation.

In my opinion, if you are going for the Skinny Guy cut, size down 1 from your true waist. I had never owned N+F before these, and I tried a pair of Skinny Guy on at American Rag and thought I was true to size. Being used to the cut of my APC Petit Standards, I was disappointed to find that these were too big for me true to size. (It's worth noting that my legs are pretty skinny). I already had them hemmed and didn't want to go through the trouble of selling them for half price and buying another pair. I hot soaked them inside out and hung them to dry and got a bit of shrinkage, and finally did one more hot soak and a round inside-out in the dryer on hot. I think I finally have them to the fit I wanted to begin with (without visibly losing any indigo, at all), but I'll need to starch them a bit to hold the creases now.

If you can try them on, do, or just go by measurements. If you are familiar with the Skinny Guy cut, apparently these run true to the normal fit, so go with what you normally buy in Skinny Guy (though another forum member had the same problem as me compared to his other Skinny Guy's, N+F say these run the same).

On to the jeans themselves, they have all the great rivet details, pink inseam, a great deer-skin collab patch, etc. The denim isn't all that rigid to begin with and it pretty light-weight. The deep indigo color is beautiful and I think it is going to fade to electric blue like other Momo denim.

If you want skinny cut Momo's, I think these are pretty much the only way to go. You can expect .5" shrink from a hot soak in the inseam so keep that in mind when you hem.

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

where can I find a sizing chart for the skinny guy?

5. whatever123

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

thanks!

7. whatever123

thanks!
    just please drink responsibly. [​IMG]

8. NoahRose

NoahRose Well-Known Member

anyone interested in size 32 weirdguys in frankenstein? i bought them on sale for $75.16 and can't return them since they were on sale. i usually wear a 31 but thought that i could swing a 32 but they were too big. i only tried them on once.

$75.16 + $10.70 shipping (medium priority flat rate box) is what i'm asking. still a great deal for a pair of jeans that usually cost $140.

9. jamf

jamf Member

anyone interested in size 32 weirdguys in frankenstein? i bought them on sale for $75.16 and can't return them since they were on sale. i usually wear a 31 but thought that i could swing a 32 but they were too big. i only tried them on once.

$75.16 + $10.70 shipping (medium priority flat rate box) is what i'm asking. still a great deal for a pair of jeans that usually cost $140.

Would trade you a pair of skinnyguy sz 32 in chambray

just picked them up on plndr but they are slightly too small for me to feel comfortable in.

Registered just to reply to your post, can't PM until my post count is higher lulz

10. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

Can you do measurements? Interested in thigh the most

11. NoahRose

Can you do measurements? Interested in thigh the most

36" inseam
    10" front rise
    14" back rise
    24" at the upper thigh
    17" at the knee
    15" at the leg opening

per tobi.com

12. NoahRose

Would trade you a pair of skinnyguy sz 32 in chambray

just picked them up on plndr but they are slightly too small for me to feel comfortable in.

Registered just to reply to your post, can't PM until my post count is higher lulz

i can't pull off wearing skinny jeans, my legs are too long and gangly lol. sorry.

but i would be willing to trade for a sz 31 weirdguy or slimguy.

13. Ordense

Ordense Well-Known Member

I dislike the exposed selvage coin pocket, without folding it down the edge is very flimsy (prob why levi's folded it in the first place). Good change by N&F.

On the Elephants at least, the selvedge on the coin pocket is folded down. Probably the only part of those jeans that will not fall apart within a couple of months

14. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

On the Elephants at least, the selvedge on the coin pocket is folded down. Probably the only part of those jeans that will not fall apart within a couple of months

i think all their new models don't have exposed selvedge anymore

15. CityofAngles

CityofAngles Well-Known Member

Can anyone help me out?

I'm a huge N&F fan and have two of their jeans, the Grey Wierdguys (31) and Deep Indigo Wierdguys (31).

I've had the greys for 2 years now and they used to fit great. I began working out and my thighs have gotten bigger and now they are too tight in the thigh area.

I just bought the deep indigos in a 31 and can't even wear them. They're way too tight.

Im not sure whether I should just get new greys and indigos in a 32 or just go for a different brand in same price range? thanks.