Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Just got a pair of momo X NF skinney guy jeans, but need to hemm them a bit. Are you guys getting the "original" hemmed, or just hemmed. i usually always go with the original hem, but just checking if its worth the few extra bucks going with the original hem or not
    are you asking whether or not you should get them chain-stitched? if so, yes. if you got them from BOW give jay an e-mail ...

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Just got a pair of momo X NF skinney guy jeans, but need to hemm them a bit. Are you guys getting the "original" hemmed, or just hemmed. i usually always go with the original hem, but just checking if its worth the few extra bucks going with the original hem or not

By "original" hem, do you mean cutting off the existing hem and then sewing it back on after shortening the leg? If so, I would recommend against that, the hems of the jeans have a tendency to curl upwards when you do that. Plus, it won't look good if you ever decide to cuff the jeans after an original hem. And, since these are raw, there isn't even any roping on the existing hem to be transferred over.

Doing a chainstitch hem would probably look the best. If you can't find anyone near you to do it, there are places that accept mail-ins. If you don't want to pay the cost for chainstitch hemming, I think even a regular lock stitch hem would look better than the original hem, especially on a raw pair of jeans.

3. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

These jeans are too nice, send them in to Self Edge or Blue Owl and chain stitch them...please! Allow yourself an extra .5 inch for shrinkage.

4. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

Will 21 oz weird guys ever be restocked anywhere?

Does anyone know of an online shop that still has the weird guys in heavier denim(21 or 24 oz)? I fell in love with the weird guy fit again and would love to get a pair for the winter!

5. pumped

pumped Member

By "original" hem, do you mean cutting off the existing hem and then sewing it back on after shortening the leg? If so, I would recommend against that, the hems of the jeans have a tendency to curl upwards when you do that. Plus, it won't look good if you ever decide to cuff the jeans after an original hem. And, since these are raw, there isn't even any roping on the existing hem to be transferred over.

Doing a chainstitch hem would probably look the best. If you can't find anyone near you to do it, there are places that accept mail-ins. If you don't want to pay the cost for chainstitch hemming, I think even a regular lock stitch hem would look better than the original hem, especially on a raw pair of jeans.

Yeah, cutting and sewing back on was what i was reffering to, by stating "original hem".
    After digging around I found a place that does chain stitching locally, thanks for the input!

6. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Has anyone hot dried sanforized denim? I bought a pair a bit too large for me and I'd like to shrink them down.

Obviously this will adversely effect my sick fadez, but I don't really need info on that, though it will be welcome. Does/can sanforized denim shrink on hot tumble dry more so than a hot soak would?

Thanks

7. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

anyone had issues with the slim hoodies? a new one i bought had a hole on the pocket and another one i've been wearing about a month has a hole where the pocket is stitched on

8. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Has anyone hot dried sanforized denim? I bought a pair a bit too large for me and I'd like to shrink them down. Obviously this will adversely effect my sick fadez, but I don't really need info on that, though it will be welcome. Does/can sanforized denim shrink on hot tumble dry more so than a hot soak would? Thanks
    I have, and it doesn't do all that much - maybe give you an extra 0.5% shrink, nothing major and it will stretch back out.

9. eugen eugen

eugen eugen Senior member

If got 2 brand new skinny guys chambray sz 30 for sale or trade for sz 31 pm asap

10. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

I'm trying to get my first pair of good raw denim. Specfically I'm looking at the skinnyguy, anyone know how these might compare to Levi 511 or Gap's Skinny Raw Denim? In addition, what's the intrigue with heavier weight denim-- pardon the newb question.

11. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

I'm trying to get my first pair of good raw denim. Specfically I'm looking at the skinnyguy, anyone know how these might compare to Levi 511 or Gap's Skinny Raw Denim? In addition, what's the intrigue with heavier weight denim-- pardon the newb question.

I guess some people just prefer thicker fabrics?
    Lots of Iron Heart fans at the different denim forums.

I personally prefer something between 13 to 16 oz, although I do allow for the occasional 20+ oz if the jeans are really interesting.

12. halisray

halisray Senior member

Skinny Guy is more along the lines of Levis 510. The weird guys are a similar cut to the 511s, I know this because I have both pairs [​IMG]

13. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I guess some people just prefer thicker fabrics? Lots of Iron Heart fans at the different denim forums. I personally prefer something between 13 to 16 oz, although I do allow for the occasional 20+ oz if the jeans are really interesting.
    Yeah, I agree. 17 oz. is probably my ideal all-around denim weight, but I usually prefer to go heavier rather than lighter if I'm not doing 17 oz.

14. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Yeah, I agree. 17 oz. is probably my ideal all-around denim weight, but I usually prefer to go heavier rather than lighter if I'm not doing 17 oz.

i also prefer heavier denim. it grows on you ...

15. xplorer

xplorer Member

to those who have the nf+momo, how do you like them? are they worth the extra $?