Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. NoahRose

NoahRose Well-Known Member

just got a pair of frankenstein weirdguys from k****loop.com (****=arma) for $75.16. they're 93.95 but you can use the "xmas" promo code to get 20% off and free shipping but they've only got 32 and 33 sizes. pretty sweet deal

2. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

just got a pair of frankenstein weirdguys from k****loop.com (****=arma) for $75.16. they're 93.95 but you can use the "xmas" promo code to get 20% off and free shipping but they've only got 32 and 33 sizes. pretty sweet deal

fack, no 30's

3. NFDENIM

NFDENIM Well-Known Member

sorry, i meant the same thread that can be seen on other N&F jeans; I might be wrong, but it looks like the same yellow thread that is used for the 24 oz jean and the deep indigos shown on the previous page or two. Always fantastic new denim, though, and it's great to have your input in this forum!

It's a cotton poly blend thread like all of our jeans. The color is the same as the 24oz jeans, but the deep indigos are a slightly different color thread.

4. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

It's a cotton poly blend thread like all of our jeans. The color is the same as the 24oz jeans, but the deep indigos are a slightly different color thread.

bring back the bright orange they were originally, not a fan of this burnt orange/copper that's on them now

5. NoahRose

fack, no 30's

nope. they had 30 and 31 yesterday but them shits are gone lol

6. eugen eugen

eugen eugen Senior member

hi,
    how do they skinny grey fills run in the waist compared to elephant skinnys?
    i want to size down one and use them for skateboarding as i did with cheap hm sliqs which are also skinny. as they have stretch i should be able to skate in them right?
    never had a crotch blowout btw..
    do they fade? because of the grey fill

7. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

Anyone know where to pick up Vintage Blues in a size 30 on sale?

8. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

Anyone know where to pick up Vintage Blues in a size 30 on sale?

local store here is supposed to be getting them from boxing day, i actually just bought a pair same size and colour from the classifieds sorry [​IMG]

9. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

What's the difference between the frankenstein compared to the indigo? Are they raw?

10. NoahRose

What's the difference between the frankenstein compared to the indigo? Are they raw?

The Frankensteins are raw but they have two different grains of denim that give them a different look. I'm no pro though so maybe someone else can explain it better.

[​IMG]

11. NFDENIM

NFDENIM Well-Known Member

The Frankensteins are raw but they have two different grains of denim that give them a different look. I'm no pro though so maybe someone else can explain it better.

[​IMG]

The Frankensteins are a big slub alternating twill denim. What does that mean?

2 different directions of weaving. 2 inches the loom weaves right hand twill, the next 2 inches the machine weaves left hand twill, back and forth left hand twill, and right hand twill. The yarn used is a big slub heavy irregular shaped yarn. So you get a crazy textured bumpy denim. Also, most denim goes though a process called anti skewing. Basically what this does is prevents denim from twisting along the bias. That's why if you ever look at old photos of dudes in denim, you'll see the side seam twist towards the bias. This was seen as a defect and also the reason why broken twill denim was created. Long story short, most denim goes though a finishing process called anti skewing. Frankenstein denim does not! So what the means in the long run is, the denim will start to twist in on itself. The right hand twill portions will twist to the right, the left will twist to the left, the slubby yarn will fade crazy blue, and the patch is upside down because we think it's funny.

That's why it's called Frankenstein Denim.

12. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

local store here is supposed to be getting them from boxing day, i actually just bought a pair same size and colour from the classifieds sorry [​IMG]

Gah were those the ones that someone in Canada was selling? With the slight pocket fade? He was also selling gray WGs in the same thread? I PMed him and ended up not buying because I don't use my wallet in my back pocket lol. It was an awesome price though!

13. Chalita

Chalita New Member

I've seen citrus ones on superfuture. One guy had two pairs, 28/29 or 29/30 I can't remember and I don't think they sold. Search in their market section.

Thank you i will try PM him[​IMG]

they had/have them at times profile shop here which is featuring naked and famous, i think today is their last day though

Thank you for letting me know, unfortunately i am living in Thailand.

14. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

Serious question to the Naked n Famous dudes:

I love your products, however why are your blazers not canvased @ $400?

15. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

A 31 in werid guys would translate to a 32 in the skinnys correct?