Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

with the amount you wallet goes in and out of your pocket it will eventually smooth out though
    Not an excuse for poor construction. With the edges, you either burnish it to a smooth, well sealed finish or you leave it entirely rough/unfinished for extra wear and tear (which, btw, isn't really suitable for wallets). These wallets do neither, it's has a poorly finished edge. It's one of the other mate, something [email protected] in between is not acceptable.

2. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

a 29 for either the weirdguy or slimguy, can anyone confirm

Good in 31 Weird Guy and Slim Guy. Couldn't get the top 3 buttoned in a 31 Skinny Guy and these don't stretch that much.

3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I've never owned APCs but I think I would be a 29 (just so there's no confusion, the jeans I have are the Naked & Famous slim guys, NOT APCs). I dropped some weight recently so when I actually started looking I thought a 28 might even be better, but I think I was wrong. I definitely need a 29. If I were to buy N&F slim guys again I would definitely go for a 29. I'm going to put the N&F slim guys up in B&S in a little while, but if you're interested feel free to PM me.

what size are you in apc? are the APCs NS?

4. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

They're pretty pointless to be fair, why do you need a leather cover for a shit lighter, its not gonna stop you from losing it.

yeah its a Bic lighter the fuck.

they should make zippo covers.

5. Pope Hilarius

Pope Hilarius Member

What do the rivets say on n&f jeans?

6. entrero

entrero Senior member

Not an excuse for poor construction.

With the edges, you either burnish it to a smooth, well sealed finish or you leave it entirely rough/unfinished for extra wear and tear (which, btw, isn't really suitable for wallets).

These wallets do neither, it's has a poorly finished edge.
    It's one of the other mate, something [email protected] in between is not acceptable.

Well that's really dependent on their asking price. Although N&F sales pitch is questionable at best.

"Naked & Famous introduce a new range of leather goods in their forthcoming collection. Sourcing the talents of a Canadian artisan with an extensive background in Japanese-style leather-making, the accessories include wallets, card holders and lighter holders. Each vegetable-tanned piece is completely hand-made without the help of any machines. Made in Canada, the leather accessories offer another dynamic to the Canadian brand which has continually pushed the borders of denim."

It's amazing what the word "Japanese" can get you these days. As for Saddleback wallet, their wallets are only $45 and have a 100 years guarantee.

7. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

^ That's funny, because the Japanese would call it American-style leather making :p

Well, for $45 I guess one cannot expect too much...still, I don't see why they can't take the little bit of extra time to apply a bit of wax or tragacanth and burnish it smoother - I surely wouldn't like to carry that around for 100 years.

8. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

The edge finish (or lack of burnish thereof) looks bad. Stitching also very so-so.
    LOL, so how are you able to determine the quality of stitching from the picture?

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

sorry i know this has been asked a billion times but how does one size for skinny guy? tts?

10. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

it's been variable for me.

a pair has laurels, another pair is just a blank donut.

11. altemp

altemp Senior member

I adore you naked.

12. Constc8

Constc8 Member

where can you buy naked&famous wallets?

13. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

LOL, so how are you able to determine the quality of stitching from the picture?
    [​IMG] This. Not grooved well, threading looks a bit shoddy and unwaxed. You can also see the sealing between the outer and inner shells leaves more to be desired. With this kind of construct, it will not last a year or so of hard wear, much less 100 years. Indeed, I've had a couple of people's feedback regarding the stitching on their N&F belts breaking off within one week.

14. whatever123

Not grooved well, thread looks a shoddy and unwaxed. You can also see the sealing between the outer and inner shells leaves more to be desired. With this kind of construct, it will not last a year or so of hard wear, much less 100 years. Indeed, I've had a couple of people's feedback regarding the stitching on their belts breaking off within one week.
    i would be very surprised if it did not last longer then a year. i have a wallet that has lasted 10 years that is not nearly the level of what these guys did with this. the n&f wallet isnt a ton of money and i think it would work just fine. i buy for 5-7 years, not a 100. i can think of anything id want that long.

15. whatever123

where can you buy naked&famous wallets?
    i would e-mail n&f or check their website.