Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Ego Death

Ego Death Active Member

ahh, damn looks like i have to wait a year then cus im trying to go for the full year without washing to get these results:

http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/b...lution-1-year/

Hot soaking the jeans (broken twill) barely loses any indigo, from my experience, it's really unnoticable. Just takes away the sheen.

2. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

NFDenim just posted this over at Hypebeast, hope it's okay to quote it:

As I was leaving the warehouse yesterday, we had a knock on our door. The Momotaro x Naked & Famous Denim jeans has finally arrived!

Made in Okayama, with 14oz rope dyed indigo selvedge denim. These are simply a work of art. The construction is amazing. They feature everything you would come to expect from a pair of Momotaro jeans. Iron buttons, copper rivets, hidden rivets, peek-a-boo selvedge coin pocket, raised belt loops, Union Special chain stitch hems, and the signature Momotaro pink inseam. Since this is the Canada x Japan collaboration, we even did printed Canadian, and Japanese flags on the inside pocket bags. The story of Momotaro is also included with each pair. These are made in the Skinny Guy fit. This makes it the slimmest jean Momotaro has ever made, combining heritage style construction with modern fit.

The Jeans (my personal pair!)
    [​IMG]

Leather patch detail
    [​IMG]

Pocket flasher, inside the pocket is the Momotaro Story
    [​IMG]

Front detail
    [​IMG]

Coin pocket detail
    [​IMG]

Momotaro label
    [​IMG]

Pocket bags
    [​IMG]

Hidden rivets
    [​IMG]

Selvedge & stitching detail
    [​IMG]

3. niix

niix Senior member

those things are sexy

4. halisray

halisray Senior member

where can I get a pair? and how much? and what styles do they come in?

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Noob here to N&F...I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in this long thread but maybe someone can give me a quick reply here...

How should the Skinny Guy jeans be sized? I typically wear a 30. I'm a 28 in APC PS.

Do I size down in N&F?

Thanks. I'm thinking about pre-ordering these Momotaro collabs.

6. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

Noob here to N&F...I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in this long thread but maybe someone can give me a quick reply here...

How should the Skinny Guy jeans be sized? I typically wear a 30. I'm a 28 in APC PS.

Do I size down in N&F?

find a store near you and try them on, but in my experience i sized down.

7. Ordense

Ordense Well-Known Member

Do I size down in N&F?

To play it safe, and get a nice snug fit, go true to your real size in skinny guys (a 30 in your case).

Not advisable but possible (and possibly painful) is sizing down. It really all depends on your build from the waist down.

I got seriously skinny legs, went TTS with the Elephant Selvedge and find the fit PERFECT (for me).

8. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Yep, I normally wear a 32 and I tried on 32 skinny guy at a store and they fit. Then tried on 31 to see if I could size down but it was NOT even possible for me at least to get the button on.

9. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I have received several e-mails and pms about sizing and further details on the Momo x N&F collab, so here are a few more details which I know:

Sizing: we are stocking sizing 28-36 and will have several pairs per size. These are made by Momo in the N&F skinny guy cut. These are expected to have same sizing as N&F skinny guy denim, but for our store to be safe and because these are made by Momo we are waiting to accept orders until arrival so we get a chance to measure and confirm sizing. Don't assume you are a certain size based on prior experience with other skinny guy denim until you see measuements. These are made by Momo, not from N&F factory so sizing could be different. Feel free to pm me sizing questions apon arrival.

Price: Not 100% sure, but about $245 price range is what I expect.

Arrival date: Should ship tomorrow from N&F warehouse in Quebec (I think it is Quebec) and will come via Fedex to Seattle which takes about 7-8 days, so we anticipate arrival to us on about November 17th.

Pre-order: We are only building a waiting list as we want to confirm sizing before selling. If you want to be notified upon arrival, send me your e-mail to be on our waiting list. We should have more than enough for everyone as long as they are ordered within the first couple days of arrival.

Any other questions: PM or e-mail me.

10. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Do I size down in N&F?

APCs are vanity sized, you're supposed to size down 2 on them. Skinny Guys generally are not. I would recommend TTS on them unless you have really narrow hips.

11. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Just a FYI if someone doesnt know: Revolve offers 30% discount for first time users. So I just placed a pre-order of N&F Skinny Guy 15 oz. as they didnt have my size and got 30% off. $170 turned into $119 [​IMG].

12. chineseboy

chineseboy Well-Known Member

i have short stocky legs, big thighs, so skinny guy is out the question. do you guys thing slim guys would work better or werid guys?? anyone else out there with my build have experience with these???

13. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

i have short stocky legs, big thighs, so skinny guy is out the question. do you guys thing slim guys would work better or werid guys?? anyone else out there with my build have experience with these???

Slim Guys fit looser than Weird Guys, so they would probably be better for your type of build.

14. AsYouWish

AsYouWish Member

Glad to see N&F so popular on here. This is my first post here and I just placed an order for N&F Frankenstein. No one mentioned them here yet so I was just curious if anyone knows any issues with them (fit, if they will bleed, etc). Thanks everyone.