1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

2. max-t

max-t Senior member

i know incessent wearing etc etc. shouldn't i soak them to make them softer or something? they also are kinda bunch up around the knee is that normal/goes away?

3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Evidently the conventional wisdom says you should give them a soak (no detergent). That'll get the starch out, making them less abrasive and preserving any fabric prone to rubbing, like the crotch area. It'll also get out the loose dye so you don't stain everything you touch. Lastly, it'll probably shrink the inseam length some. That way you can get them hemmed and know how long they'll stay, rather than getting them hemmed, then soaking them and realizing that they're suddenly too short.

got my first pair of raws. n&f broken twill skinny guys. they fit pretty great, maybe a few inches too long but i heard ur supposed to keep tha for "stacking". So what should I do with these? do i soak them or something?

4. max-t

max-t Senior member

thanks pppp, ill soak these in a bathtub tonight. how long should i soak and how what temp should i keep the water?

5. max-t

max-t Senior member

here's a pre-soak pic. sorry bout the shitty quality my camera sucks

[​IMG]

6. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

those look too big for you or the camera is really that bad

7. max-t

max-t Senior member

it's the camera probably. fits perfect in the seat, thighs, and waist, a bit baggy in the knee and a really long inseam is probably whats giving it that appearence.

anyone wanna tell me how i should soak these?

8. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

how much did you size down?

run a cold bath, soak them for an hour, hang dry

9. max-t

max-t Senior member

i was under the impression that you have to order skinny guys tts, so i did.

10. meso

meso Senior member

Those look really loose on you.

11. Riio

Riio Senior member

Those look really loose on you.

once they soften up from soak or wear they'll probably fit better and won't look so loose

12. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

So, I sized down one from my actual waist size on my skinny guy's and they've stretched to the point where they feel and look like a relaxed straight jean. Didn't expect this to happen and it's kind of aggravating.

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Yea those look a little too loose on you Max. Are you sure you measured where the jeans sit on your hips before buying? I think you may be able to go down 1 size.

Most people get N&F jeans that are tight in the thigh accounting for stretch. I still think I should have gone down 1 size on my slim guys as the crotch was way too tight and the thighs were on the tight side.

And you asked about the bunching at the knees, that happens with these jeans. My slim guys look like bootcut if I don't cuff the hems a couple inches. I did a warm soak and it helped a little but I still have knee bags. I will probably just wash them this weekend to get rid of it.

14. meso

meso Senior member

once they soften up from soak or wear they'll probably fit better and won't look so loose

Uhm, I don't think so. Skinny guys are already pretty slim and they don't shrink.

15. iluvatar

iluvatar Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of the fit of my Deep Indigo Weird Guys? I had tried on a 32, but the waist was too big right off the bat, so I went with a 31. They fit fine in the waist, but I'm concerned that they are too tight in the thighs. I've been wearing them for about 3 weeks now, and they still feel a bit constricting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. meso

meso Senior member

They look fine for slim cut jeans to me.

17. C-Note

C-Note Senior member

Those are looking more skinny than slim. I'd hope they'd stretch out a lot in the thighs iluvatar, unless you were going for a skinny fit.

18. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

What do you guys think of the fit of my Deep Indigo Weird Guys? I had tried on a 32, but the waist was too big right off the bat, so I went with a 31. They fit fine in the waist, but I'm concerned that they are too tight in the thighs. I've been wearing them for about 3 weeks now, and they still feel a bit constricting.
    everyday for 3 weeks? or you've owned them for 3 weeks? do some squats or lunges, make the denim work they look like they're riding high as well, maybe you need too sag them a big to get some space

19. iluvatar

iluvatar Well-Known Member

everyday for 3 weeks? or you've owned them for 3 weeks?

do some squats or lunges, make the denim work

they look like they're riding high as well, maybe you need too sag them a big to get some space

3 weeks total wear time. I've owned them for much longer. The last pair I had, the organic natural indigo ones, loosened up within a week to a more comfortable fit.

Thanks for the advice, wearing them lower did indeed give me more space in the thighs.

20. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I bought the slim guys in deep indigo about a week ago and sized down 2. I went that small because, sizing down 1, the waist was still too big. At first I was freaking out because I thought, after wearing them for a day or so, there was no way they were going to stretch enough. They looked like I wanted them to look, and the waist fit fine, but the hips and thighs were super tight to the point of being uncomfortable. Now, after about a week of only occasional wear, during which I did plenty of squats and lunges, they've already stretched a size. They're still snug, but they're comfortable. I'm beginning to think they'll stretch to a perfect size. I'm going to try giving them a cold soak over the weekend and wearing them as they dry to stretch them while they're most pliable. My biggest concern at this point is that the tradeoff for getting that much stretch out of them will be an early crotch blowout or something.