• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nair is a bad idea..

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
Just thought I would let everyone know that nair is a bad idea for pubic hair removal. Anyone else notice that?

mr_economy

Reaction score
Why, man? Why? Waxing may be painful, but I'd take that over a chemical burn any day.

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
The bottle I had is Nair Sensitive Skin, it said nothing about pubic regions. But, I left it on for 10 minutes, just like the bottle said, wiped it off and some hair went with it. No burn. Tried again about 30 minutes later, instant burn. Wiped it off immediately and jumped into the shower. I'm going to try waxing next I suppose. If I don't like that I'll just stick to shaving.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i read this far. it was like passing an overturned vehicle on the highway.

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
i read this far. it was like passing an overturned vehicle on the highway.

As in you just can't look away? I'm pretty compulsive about pubic hair, well any hair on my body actually. I have a standard that I like it to meet, but I hate shaving.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
I am certain that somewhere on that bottle of Nair it says it is not suitable for the genital area. I'd put money on it.

Don't wax your nether region either. You'll really regret that for so many reasons. Be happy with the shaving until you can afford lasering.

Better yet, learn to accept and be happy with a certain amount of hair.

mr_economy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oddly Familiar
As in you just can't look away? I'm pretty compulsive about pubic hair, well any hair on my body actually. I have a standard that I like it to meet, but I hate shaving.

Waxing is the only affordable solution that fits your goal. Hurts like hell the first time, but the pain is much less in subsequent sessions. Learn to control your breathing and it's really not a bad experience at all. It's also nice to only need to have it done once a month.

Zubberah

Reaction score
Why are most guys these days obsessed with their hair? Get over it and live with it!

mr_economy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Do you let a dude or a chick wax you?

I have mine done by a woman. I think most aestheticians (the technical term for people who do waxing and the like) are women, though I'm sure there are some men.

Why are most guys these days obsessed with their hair? Get over it and live with it!
Probably because pubic hair is a breeding ground for bacteria that feast on the special sweat released by apocrine glands present only in areas of pubic hair growth. The waste of these bacteria is what we experience as body odor. Don't like the odor? Getting rid of the hair will substantially cut down on the problem.

Pubic hair served a purpose when we were unable to vocalize our sexual maturity, when verbal communication was still incredibly rudimentary. But as anyone who has turned his/her nose at the scent of someone with a rather nasty BO problem has proven, we are no longer in that stage of development.

mr_economy

Reaction score
If you're getting a Brazilian, then yes. That's honestly the most painful part of the process, but it's nothing terrible.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must admit, the level of comfort that this subforum seems to have with male pubic denuding is vaguely disturbing.

mr_economy

Reaction score
I don't think it takes much in the way of comfort to make an anonymous post on a forum.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr_economy
I don't think it takes much in the way of comfort to make an anonymous post on a forum.
Familiarity, then?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads