• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

N Tuczek Bespoke sells for $711.01 on Ebay Used

Shoe-nut

Reaction score

I am stunned at the prices some used shoes are bringing on ebay. Case in point a used pair N. Tuczek bespoke shoes going for an astounding $711.01. Can you believe it!!!

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoe-nut

I am stunned at the prices some used shoes are bringing on ebay. Case in point a used pair N. Tuczek bespoke shoes going for an astounding $711.01. Can you believe it!!!

it's not like you can expect a new pair to be made......

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, Lobb bought the Tuczek name. Maybe they could find an old insignia stamp to put in the sock of a pair they make.

well-kept

Reaction score
They're a unique piece of shoe-making history. I own a pair of vintage Cleverley's made by George Cleverley's hands. Can't even compare them to anything commonly available.

Shoe-nut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by well-kept
They're a unique piece of shoe-making history. I own a pair of vintage Cleverley's made by George Cleverley's hands. Can't even compare them to anything commonly available.

It is interesting that you mention that as I came across a pair of shoes some 20 years ago that were of incredible quality from around WW2. This is before I had any real shoe knowledge and so didn't fully comprehend what was in front of me. The price I thought at the time was too high around $100.00 so I walked away.

Later that day I went back to check them out again but by then they had sold. I have never again had a pair of shoes in my hands that evoked the same feeling of quality as those shoes did.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was watching those as well - I was somewhat surprised, but then I'd been tracking what looked like a nondescript pair of (poorly listed) bespoke boots with 3-piece trees that shot up from about $50 to $450 in the last hour of the listing.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About two years ago, there was a pair of bespoke John Lobb crocodile skin shoes that were sold for $1000. I thought about bidding for them, but then it turned out the size was too large.

well-kept

Reaction score
That's the mystique of quality and rarity, of an object that speaks to you in its unique voice. Several members here regularly ask if EGs are worth thrice the price of AEs. But at the highest end of the spectrum prices swiftly multiply over tiny degrees.

One example - American antiques. There are small differences between a chair worth three thousand dollars and another worth thirty thousand. There are those - not me - eager to grab the rarest things no matter the cost. (I enjoy finding them for next to nothing, which I do with ridiculous frequency and good fortune.)

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 7 14.6%