• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mytailorstore Advice

NewspeakEnthusiast

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to create a midnight blue, shawl collar tuxedo with gauntlet cuffs. However, I live in the middle of nowhere and so my only recourse is to order something online. So, I found mytailorstore which tells me that they can create the tuxedo that I want. But, they are based all the way in Thailand and have an adamant no refund policy. The prices are not extremely cheap, but also I cannot feel the fabrics in person, so I have to rely on pictures. So, I ask, what should I do and if any of you have previous experience with this company, could you please let me know?

Here's their URL: https://www.mytailorstore.com/

Thanks,
NewspeakEnthusiast

stubloom

Reaction score
Just a word of caution: mytailorstore.com is not mytailor.com. Those two names are easily confused.

I know nothing about mytailorstore.com.

Mytailor.com is Hemrajani (Hong Kong with a showroom in Costa Mesa, Ca). I do know the quality produced by Hemrajani. I've cleaned many thousands of their garments over the years. You can bank on Hemrajani.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be very cautious about online MTM in general. There are innumerable examples of online MTM fit disasters here and elsewhere on the internet. For this site in particular, the fabrics offered are "blended wool" (so very likely a wool/poly or other synthetic blend) and the mill is not listed. Furthermore, at the price points listed (starting at $298) the construction quality cannot possibly be any good. For online MTM, Kent Wang gets good reviews here. Otherwise I would strongly recommend that you consider ordering something off-the-rack like eHaberdasher or Suitsupply.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's