• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mytailor question for first-time order

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just put in my first order for a shirt from Mytailor.com. I just have a few questions for other members here who have dealt with them.

1) How much of a shrinkage factor is built into their shirts? I added about 1/4 inch to all my dimensions to account for this possibility.

2) I used the "measure my best shirt" option and tweaked the fit on my existing MTM shirts from other sources. The part that confuses me is that the bottom it made me choose whether I wanted the shirt slim, regular, or full-fitting. What's up with that?

3) What's their current turnaround time like?

4) People say that they have fixed shirts after the fact if the fit is off. How do they do this, do you ship it back to them or something?

MJC8719x

Reaction score
1. I always though they accounted for shrinkage so I have never added anything to my measurements and had no troubles.

4. I had to take one of my shirts to the tailor to get the sleeve width shortened. I was under the impression that mytailor does no alterations.

I just made a note on my next order about the sleeve width and they took care of it.

The Transporter

Reaction score
I'll be receiving my first order from them next week after he was here in Chicago at the beginning of December. He seemed to base a lot of measurements on the Thomas Pink shirt I wore to the fitting along with his own measurements of me so I'm not sure how the shirts are going to turn out. I ended up ordering two - one white, one blue - so I'll post pics to see what everyone thinks.

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
His shirts are pricey for what you get, but customer service is 20 times better than those HK thugs by the rosy name of Jantzen ( Ricky Ho, you owe me $600, where are my damn shirts?). I get better RTW quality for the price they charge. However, if fit is important (it's not for me since quality RTW fits me fine) then I suggest you meet up with Joe in a shady hotel, on one of his US tours. In person measurements, I got superior results but be careful of the numbers he put on papers. Know your measurements and check them out before you finalize/pay your order. Turn around time 5 weeks, delivered on fifth week.

Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I just put in my first order for a shirt from Mytailor.com. I just have a few questions for other members here who have dealt with them.

1) How much of a shrinkage factor is built into their shirts? I added about 1/4 inch to all my dimensions to account for this possibility.

2) I used the "measure my best shirt" option and tweaked the fit on my existing MTM shirts from other sources. The part that confuses me is that the bottom it made me choose whether I wanted the shirt slim, regular, or full-fitting. What's up with that?

3) What's their current turnaround time like?

4) People say that they have fixed shirts after the fact if the fit is off. How do they do this, do you ship it back to them or something?

Cornellian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr.
His shirts are pricey for what you get, but customer service is 20 times better than those HK thugs by the rosy name of Jantzen ( Ricky Ho, you owe me $600, where are my damn shirts?). I get better RTW quality for the price they charge. However, if fit is important (it's not for me since quality RTW fits me fine) then I suggest you meet up with Joe in a shady hotel, on one of his US tours. In person measurements, I got superior results but be careful of the numbers he put on papers. Know your measurements and check them out before you finalize/pay your order. Turn around time 5 weeks, delivered on fifth week.

I didn't know the Westin was considered shady...

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Don't add anything for shrinkage. The shirtmaker takes that into account.

Yes, you send it back. The first shirt usually needs adjustments of some kind.

Unless you are far from any of the cities they visit, get measured in person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads