1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

MyTailor: In Favor

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The Louche, Jun 7, 2010.

1. rob

rob Senior member

They don't make unfused collars.

Rob

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. poissa

poissa Senior member

For the price I also am a fan of MyTailor. On the first order my two shirts have been near perfect. The sleeve length could be slightly shorter and bunches. When you're wearing a jacket 90% of the time, it's hard to care. That said, I would highly recommend them. I've dealt with M Kenney each time and am a happy customer.

3. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Great news, gents. I adviced Mr Hemrajani to make changes to Mytailor's webstore by including search options for fabric weights and thread counts. He promised to do so.

4. Xenon

Xenon Senior member

They most certainly do. Don't just go with what is on their website. The website is just a start.

I also deal with Joe over the phone or email and there is just not much they he will NOT do. Extremely versatile. I basically design what I want with what I want, perhaps send a few sketches and he delivers.

5. OlSarge

OlSarge Senior member

An email from Joe a month or so ago stated that they were looking, in the mid-2013 timeframe, to begin using a digital scanning system that will take over a hundred and twenty different measurements of the client. That should eliminate any discrepancy in one's fit and should actually give a better fit than old-fashioned bespoke. Of course they will still be machine sewn but not being that critical a member of the cognoscenti I'm unconcerned.

6. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

rob, I specifically asked for un-fused collar and cuffs, this was no problem for MT. All you have to do is ask.

7. cropknox

cropknox Active Member

I've had seven suits made by the Hemrajani Bros. / Mytailor and have always been pleased. Joe is extremely particular about getting a good set of measurements and a good fit for the customer.

The only trouble I ever had was when I switched from a standard belt loop waistband to one with side tabs. The rise was somewhat lower than I like. The issues was solved by one email to Joe. He sent me a shipping label, I mailed the trousers back to him, and in two weeks a new pair of trousers arrived with the correct rise.

8. matt1

matt1 Well-Known Member

I did order some poplin shirts from MyTailor online a few times and so far I haven't disappointed.

9. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I am now going with MyTailor shirts exclusively. I took measurements off my best fitting shirt and built my own measurement template online, including specifications for the armscye. I have a pretty normal build (right shoulder just slightly lower than left), so I didn't worry about below to accommodate it. I would guess my fit could be improved slightly if I got feedback from Joe, but I don't want to take the time or risk. I ask for unfused medium collars in the wide British spread and they are perfect for me -- soft enough but look sharp with a tie. I have gone mostly with Mason, Alumno, and Monti Prince Rose. But honestly the executive collection fabrics are very good and maybe the best deal on the site. Oh, and specify thick MOP buttons in your order -- they are high quality.

By the way, they do cut a good deal of shrinkage into the shirts, so I typically soak and throw them in a medium heat dryer the first time I pull it out of the box (rather than having to wait several hang dries for the shrinkage to kick in). If the shirts seem to big out of the box, that definitely is by design.