• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If wearing a suit makes one happy or feel good, why is that putting on airs? Isn't that attitude (feeling out of place) a reaction to perceived peer pressure to conform to a cultural norm? I regularly wear a suit to work and stand out like a sore thumb.

To me (and this is purely personal to illustrate how two people can have completely the inverse views on things like this) putting a monogram on a shirt is putting on an air.

What I mean, more than putting on airs is closer to what you were saying that because there is no reason to wear a suit any more outside of a few formal situations. And when we do so otherwise it really is a way of trying to attract attention to ourselves. Whether that's a reaction to peer pressure or something else, I don't know for me. Maybe it's easier to wear a suit than to have a personality.

I don't really know the right way to articulate what I'm getting at and at least, with monograms, they're small enough to be not noticed or covered up.

Two weeks ago I lost two shirts. Hopefully my monogram will help me find them....

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What I mean, more than putting on airs is closer to what you were saying that because there is no reason to wear a suit any more outside of a few formal situations. And when we do so otherwise it really is a way of trying to attract attention to ourselves. Whether that's a reaction to peer pressure or something else, I don't know for me. Maybe it's easier to wear a suit than to have a personality.

I don't really know the right way to articulate what I'm getting at and at least, with monograms, they're small enough to be not noticed or covered up.

Two weeks ago I lost two shirts. Hopefully my monogram will help me find them....
I guess what I'm saying is these aren't the same as getting a peaked-lapel, single-breasted pink houndstooth tweed coat made up. (Which, you may recall, an infamous poster wanted to do for his first bespoke project circa 2009).

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You should get TAP on one sleeve and ASS on the other.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's easier to wear a suit than to have a personality.
Certainly true in my case.

Wow. That sucks. I think losing two shirts would cause me to switch cleaners. I hope you recover them.

tigerpac

Reaction score
I've never had a shirt switched. I suppose it can happen, but is it a common thing?

Not often thankfully, but it has happened with two different local dry cleaners over the years.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Certainly true in my case.

Wow. That sucks. I think losing two shirts would cause me to switch cleaners. I hope you recover them.
I think i might've left them in a hotel though so...

LThomsen

Reaction score
I am considering buying a 100 % cotton wrinkle free shirt from my tailor.
How do these compare in terms of quality of materials and construction to ledbury, Ben silver and gitman ?

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Contrast cuffs and inside the placket? Jesus Christ. That guy deserved that fit because at least that unprepossessing abortion will never be worn in public.

Rufian

Reaction score
Contrast cuffs and inside the placket? Jesus Christ. That guy deserved that fit because at least that unprepossessing abortion will never be worn in public.

and he is planning to wear it for a night out lol as soon as I saw the sleeves, I'd return the abomination and ask for my refund

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the tailor defense, I doubt he ever thought the person ordering it would button the cuffs. It actually looks like it fits exactly how someone ordering that shirt would want it to fit.

Rufian

Reaction score
In the tailor defense, I doubt he ever thought the person ordering it would button the cuffs. It actually looks like it fits exactly how someone ordering that shirt would want it to fit.

tailor? He bought it from the tailor store which has bad reviews of this happening

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads