• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got back the Finnmeresco 3-ply in navy and love it. I’m really excited to see how well this does on business travel for when I’m in the warmer states.

I’m also trying to figure out a good breathable shirt to go with this. I do love linen but not really business appropriate. Anyone have recommendations as to something very breathable yet business appropriate (minimal wrinkle)? I personally don’t like treated fabrics for anti wrinkle and go for natural cottons.
I've always been a fan of broadcloth if I must wear cotton shirts. A bit cool to the touch on the skin. Voile too, though, similarly to linen, it may skew a bit too casual for your required setting.

Note: obviously don't get anything anti-wrinkle/wrinkle-resistant. From my experience, those trap heat like nothing else.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3 piece in the ATL? DTX allows for that about 5 days a year. I do agree that undershirts are trash, and I haven't worn one in probably 20 years.
I....just really like 3ps. Feels like im getting a hug all day.

But yeah most of the year the vest lives in the closet. I wear undershirts in the winter because I don't like the cool air on my skin.

Reading this makes me realize how weak i am.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I....just really like 3ps. Feels like im getting a hug all day.

But yeah most of the year the vest lives in the closet. I wear undershirts in the winter because I don't like the cool air on my skin.

Reading this makes me realize how weak i am.
Cuck

birdlives80

Reaction score
Not best photo to examine the fit but they did a great job on my tux and shirt for my wedding.

ordered some H&S Dakota gray whipcord trousers today from M Kenny in philly.

Attachments

• F0BDB941-67B9-455F-A45C-1600299A01DE.jpeg
    F0BDB941-67B9-455F-A45C-1600299A01DE.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 219

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone had Joe and Divij make them a pair of jeans? How does there denim match up to some of the bigger names in teh business (i.e. Nudie Jeans, 3sixteen, Naked and Famous, APC, etc)

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have, but I’m not really a denim guy so I can’t really do a competent comparison. I think they look good.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
has anyone had Joe and Divij make them a pair of jeans? How does there denim match up to some of the bigger names in teh business (i.e. Nudie Jeans, 3sixteen, Naked and Famous, APC, etc)
I was going to have them make some. From what I understand they are pretty high quality raws. Was probably going to do them this coming appointment with them.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of broadcloth if I must wear cotton shirts. A bit cool to the touch on the skin. Voile too, though, similarly to linen, it may skew a bit too casual for your required setting.

Note: obviously don't get anything anti-wrinkle/wrinkle-resistant. From my experience, those trap heat like nothing else.
Thanks! I haven’t heard of the voile before. I just run extra hot and don’t plan on wearing an undershirt with it. Just need something that can breath and 100% don’t buy the anti wrinkle as I have had a similar experience in the past.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done both the online process and a pop up or in-store? They’re on my list to try and I’ve been waiting for them to do a pop up near me but it hasn’t come and I’m getting antsy but would be great to hear how the online process went vs in-person with multiple fittings.

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Has anyone done both the online process and a pop up or in-store? They’re on my list to try and I’ve been waiting for them to do a pop up near me but it hasn’t come and I’m getting antsy but would be great to hear how the online process went vs in-person with multiple fittings.

I’ve only done in-person fittings with Joe and Divij. I honestly can’t imagine doing it any other way. So much of the value here is the time you get with Joe and Divij to nail down fit, but also to get style recommendations regarding fabrics and all the finer details.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
I’ve purchased online before. Had some fabrics I found from the linens that I like and ordered that way and turned out good.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Saw Divij today in Chicago. Pleasure as always. Didn’t do jeans today as I forgot to bring my pair to start my pattern on but for price wise there is one around a 12oz for $425 and then Albiate that is around 12/13oz for $500. Both are selvedge and a darker blue. I plan on doing the Albiate ones and will report back on the finished product. I typically rock N&F for jeans. The fabric was on par with their offerings but didn’t have the super heavy stuff with him. I personally really like N&F fabrics but the low rise bothers me and plan on doing a more mid rise with Divij.

Divij did have with him the shirt jacket made up in cashmere from I think Zegna. This is styled like the one Kirby (in his most recent video) had and it was awesome. I never knew they offered anything like it and was really impressed with the options. My biggest concern is doing it in cashmere and holding up well to travel but Divij said his has been on over 50 flights this year alone and doing fine. Anyone else have this and have suggestions on which fabric? They are sold out of the blue Loro Kirby had made up but do have that nice brown shade which I might do but having a tough time deciding.

Also I ended up doing TM Hampton collection for some new shirts. Haven’t really done much from Mason previously so looking forward to these. Ended up going cooper collar as I find myself wearing ties less and less on business travel.

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Saw Divij today in Chicago. Pleasure as always. Didn’t do jeans today as I forgot to bring my pair to start my pattern on but for price wise there is one around a 12oz for $425 and then Albiate that is around 12/13oz for $500. Both are selvedge and a darker blue. I plan on doing the Albiate ones and will report back on the finished product. I typically rock N&F for jeans. The fabric was on par with their offerings but didn’t have the super heavy stuff with him. I personally really like N&F fabrics but the low rise bothers me and plan on doing a more mid rise with Divij.

Divij did have with him the shirt jacket made up in cashmere from I think Zegna. This is styled like the one Kirby (in his most recent video) had and it was awesome. I never knew they offered anything like it and was really impressed with the options. My biggest concern is doing it in cashmere and holding up well to travel but Divij said his has been on over 50 flights this year alone and doing fine. Anyone else have this and have suggestions on which fabric? They are sold out of the blue Loro Kirby had made up but do have that nice brown shade which I might do but having a tough time deciding.

Also I ended up doing TM Hampton collection for some new shirts. Haven’t really done much from Mason previously so looking forward to these. Ended up going cooper collar as I find myself wearing ties less and less on business travel.

Must have just missed you. Saw Divij today as well at 12:30 and I was specifically interested in the shirt jacket after watching that same video of Kirby receiving his.

I wasnt sure what color I wanted ahead of time, but seeing Divij’s jacket in olive I couldn't resist and selected the same Zegna fabric. It’s a stunner with great depth and some texture. I also strongly considered a few donegal fabrics from Holland and Sherry’s Sherrytweed collection, which are equally beautiful, more affordable, just not as luxuriously soft as the cashmere.

I also did a navy blue Canclini flannel dress shirt (soft unfused spread collar, single pocket). great winter fabric and I’ve been looking to fill a navy gap in my shirt collection for a bit now.

Really excited about these pieces. Divij and the team nailed the fit on my last jacket from September.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Could you please post a link to Kirby's shirt jacket video....thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads