• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! Yes, that's how I was feeling about it. I gave him some info about common issues I had with pants (usually bunching around the knees, being tight around the calves, etc) which he took into account. He probably did err on the side of caution with roominess.

I'll take a look at the fit thread, too.

(The jacket is not MyTailor, just happened to be what I wore that day. Want to get shirts and trousers fitted satisfactorily first before moving onto jackets)
Understood, if you have a chance maybe take another pic from a different angle but frankly I would not be pleased with the end result. Especially given the high expectations I had after I heard the feedback from Kirby Allison - some Youtube video. On the other hand I have seen some really good work from MyTailor on this forum.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Understood, if you have a chance maybe take another pic from a different angle but frankly I would not be pleased with the end result. Especially given the high expectations I had after I heard the feedback from Kirby Allison - some Youtube video. On the other hand I have seen some really good work from MyTailor on this forum.
I had a follow-up appointment with Joe last night while he was in town. He feels the fit is pretty spot on, but we discussed that the lower legs could probably be tapered a little more and the waist taken in about a quarter inch. I'll probably get some additional opinions before getting it altered, but I still have some tweed trousers coming in and he's going to add the changes we discussed to those. Perhaps I just need fabric that's more structured.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
I had a follow-up appointment with Joe last night while he was in town. He feels the fit is pretty spot on, but we discussed that the lower legs could probably be tapered a little more and the waist taken in about a quarter inch. I'll probably get some additional opinions before getting it altered, but I still have some tweed trousers coming in and he's going to add the changes we discussed to those. Perhaps I just need fabric that's more structured.
Honestly, in my opinion I would trust Joe's opinion. He is the best trouser maker I know bar none.... and I have been through many albeit local tailors.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Honestly, in my opinion I would trust Joe's opinion. He is the best trouser maker I know bar none.... and I have been through many albeit local tailors.
I'm inclined to defer to his knowledge. And if well fitting trousers don't look as great on me as I expected, it may just be that I need to hold out for another half year while I continue with some weight loss. Fit may be king, but Fitness is his close mistress.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received by Navy Drapers 5-Star suit yesterday! I tried it on, but will let it hang for 2 days and get it pressed before posting pics. My initial thoughts: I love the 13oz weight, it feels substantial and drapes nicely. The initial fit of the jacket post-basted fitting is very good, i'm going to wear it a few times before rending a final judgement but i can't find any issues so far. The high arm holes certainly feel different than my other jackets, but in a good way. The pants definitely need to be let out in the waist, although that certainly could be my fault over the past few weeks.

Overall, it is definitely a better fit than my previous MTM stuff and is exactly what I was picturing during the ordering phase! I'm very glad i went with the basted fitting, and very pleased with the product, fit, and customer service (the hanger that they delivered with the suit was a nice bonus). I'm curious to see what Joe and Divij think can be tweaked for the next go around...

I can't wait to place another order, I'm between doing a traditional gold-buttoned navy blazer from the H&S Cape Horn collection or a mid-grey Drapers Ascot suit next go around. I think i'll opt for slightly larger lapels (3.75"), natural shoulders, and a 3-roll-2 button.

Last edited:

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had my basted fitting of a new H&S Mohair suit tonight. Divij did the initial measurements based loosely on a suit I wore to their OC office. The fit was pretty spot on. Joe suggested shortening the jacket by 1/4", decreasing the waist on my trousers by 1/4", and shortening the left sleeve by 1/8". He felt the fit was very good and I agreed. I chose a 3R2 style, soft shoulder, single reverse pleat trousers, with adjusters, and a nice wide lapel. Can't wait for the finished garment so that I can pick another fabric and replace another of my RTW suits as I think this is going to be favorite.

weissmenswear

Reaction score
I had my basted fitting of a new H&S Mohair suit tonight. Divij did the initial measurements based loosely on a suit I wore to their OC office. The fit was pretty spot on. Joe suggested shortening the jacket by 1/4", decreasing the waist on my trousers by 1/4", and shortening the left sleeve by 1/8". He felt the fit was very good and I agreed. I chose a 3R2 style, soft shoulder, single reverse pleat trousers, with adjusters, and a nice wide lapel. Can't wait for the finished garment so that I can pick another fabric and replace another of my RTW suits as I think this is going to be favorite.

I have an H&S tweed jacket on the way with similar specs, this just gets me even more excited.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you a SoCal native? Would love to get an SF SoCal meetup!

weissmenswear

Reaction score
My first Hemrajani sport coat came in and... Divij nailed the fit. Everything on this fits in all the right places - sleeve length, jacket length, high arm hole, arm rotation, the shoulders fit better than any jacket I own... couldn’t be more pleased.

I think the lapels could use a little press after shipping, but that’s recommended in the box.

this is done in a Holland and Sherry Sherrytweed, herringbone pattern which they call “aqua” but is more of a bottle green color It’s a thick, meaty tweed, but soft to the touch. Great fabric. 3 roll to two, and a 3.75” lapel. Light horn buttons (which are just stunning). Triple patch pocket. Milanese buttonhole on the lapel. Softly padded shoulders

50A89867-D926-465F-98C8-9A24999D40DF.jpeg
B71A4C57-164C-4EA3-8CD1-3CA16F7E3687.jpeg
75C1C793-DEDB-4ABB-A889-30B988722FF5.jpeg

07FE835F-8388-4992-864E-19E1C81A5956.jpeg

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first Hemrajani sport coat came in and... Divij nailed the fit. Everything on this fits in all the right places - sleeve length, jacket length, high arm hole, arm rotation, the shoulders fit better than any jacket I own... couldn’t be more pleased.

I think the lapels could use a little press after shipping, but that’s recommended in the box.

this is done in a Holland and Sherry Sherrytweed, herringbone pattern which they call “aqua” but is more of a bottle green color It’s a thick, meaty tweed, but soft to the touch. Great fabric. 3 roll to two, and a 3.75” lapel. Light horn buttons (which are just stunning). Triple patch pocket. Milanese buttonhole on the lapel. Softly padded shoulders

View attachment 1283433 View attachment 1283434 View attachment 1283435
View attachment 1283436

Looks great.

Rithrin

Reaction score

View attachment 1283433 View attachment 1283434 View attachment 1283435
View attachment 1283436
That's nice! Really love these mottled colors in the fabric, excellent texture and visual interest. Fit works well on you.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Got back the Finnmeresco 3-ply in navy and love it. I’m really excited to see how well this does on business travel for when I’m in the warmer states.

I’m also trying to figure out a good breathable shirt to go with this. I do love linen but not really business appropriate. Anyone have recommendations as to something very breathable yet business appropriate (minimal wrinkle)? I personally don’t like treated fabrics for anti wrinkle and go for natural cottons.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got back the Finnmeresco 3-ply in navy and love it. I’m really excited to see how well this does on business travel for when I’m in the warmer states.

I’m also trying to figure out a good breathable shirt to go with this. I do love linen but not really business appropriate. Anyone have recommendations as to something very breathable yet business appropriate (minimal wrinkle)? I personally don’t like treated fabrics for anti wrinkle and go for natural cottons.
Real talk: just go undershirt-free. I will wear a jacket into the summer months with a half-lined jacket and no undershirt and I'm certainly not as comfortable as when I wear shirts and my aloha shirts but it's fine.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shirt sleeves are a touch too long but the cuff and length got basically spot on.

Anyway here's some after-lunch pics.
20191203_133532.jpg
20191203_133401.jpg
20191203_133423.jpg
20191203_133439.jpg
20191203_133503.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads