• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My experience has been that Joe will err on the side of longer than shorter but we’re talking fractions of an inch. He commented once that my bespoke Rubinacci sport coat was too short. ? It isn’t, it’s just shorter than Joe’s style. Both look great from my standpoint.

I used to over-instruct my tailors. After some very disappointing results, I don’t any more. I want to pick a good tailor and then let them make the fit something they think makes me look the best. Results since then have been much better.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Just saw Divij in a Chicago today and always wonderful. Doing some minor tweaks to my suit and ordered another suit in Finmeresco 3 ply.

Really excited to see how it turns out and love their attention to detail. He really is committed to get the best fit possible and we were adjusting things today very slightly. Doing a self lined jacket which will be a first and first Finmeresco.

Jealous of everyone who lives close to their shop but probably a blessing as I’d be there way too much and ordering stuff every week.

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Just saw Divij in a Chicago today and always wonderful. Doing some minor tweaks to my suit and ordered another suit in Finmeresco 3 ply.

Really excited to see how it turns out and love their attention to detail. He really is committed to get the best fit possible and we were adjusting things today very slightly. Doing a self lined jacket which will be a first and first Finmeresco.

Jealous of everyone who lives close to their shop but probably a blessing as I’d be there way too much and ordering stuff every week.

I was there today as well for the noon appointment. Commissioning my first sport coat after having made about 8 or 9 shirts over the last couple years.

Decided on a bottle/emerald green herringbone “sherrytweed” from the Holland and Sherry tweed and donegals collection. 3.75” notch lapels, 3 roll two with a classic button stance, triple patch pockets, softly padded shoulder, hand tobacco horn buttons. I’m going for a heavier winter fabric for the Chicago winters but done up in a lighter/softer, more Italian style construction. Divij offered up some great recommendations today. Really excited about this first jacket.

During fitting it became apparent that Divij and I wear almost identically sized jackets, and shoes, it turns out, too.

I also started falling for an awesome navy and brown check wool fabric from Loro Piana...next time...

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
I was there today as well for the noon appointment. Commissioning my first sport coat after having made about 8 or 9 shirts over the last couple years.

Decided on a bottle/emerald green herringbone “sherrytweed” from the Holland and Sherry tweed and donegals collection. 3.75” notch lapels, 3 roll two with a classic button stance, triple patch pockets, softly padded shoulder, hand tobacco horn buttons. I’m going for a heavier winter fabric for the Chicago winters but done up in a lighter/softer, more Italian style construction. Divij offered up some great recommendations today. Really excited about this first jacket.

During fitting it became apparent that Divij and I wear almost identically sized jackets, and shoes, it turns out, too.

I also started falling for an awesome navy and brown check wool fabric from Loro Piana...next time...
Was it the jacket in the closet with the brown lining? If it’s the same one I had him put it on my wishlist as I loved that fabric.

I also learned they do denim. Has anyone here ever had jeans made by them?

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Was it the jacket in the closet with the brown lining? If it’s the same one I had him put it on my wishlist as I loved that fabric.

I also learned they do denim. Has anyone here ever had jeans made by them?

I can’t recall what the lining color was (possible it was brown). The fabric was a Loro Piana wool check where it was mostly navy, but then had subtle yet thick brown and midnight navy overchecks. It sounds busy, but it’s surprisingly subtle and elegant. The jacket has a super soft shoulder and wider lapels. Looked great. I added the fabric to my wishlist as well.

Moose22

Reaction score
I have a navy with brown windowpane. Cerruti, not LP, but the color scheme works in a way I hadn't imagined before I saw some examples. Joe wears a coat from the same fabric. It IS surprisingly subtle in action. Goes really well when you dress it down.

Alas, I do have problems dressing it up. But I rarely try. I bought it thinking open collar with denim, where it shines, or brown trousers with or without a tie. It works really well with either.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
I had them do up a pair in some fairly heavy raw selvedge for me that I’ll get a lot of use out of this fall/winter. They came out great!
Also would love to see photos and which fabric you went with. They told me they are working on a house denim as well at a lower price point. Not sure if selvedge.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also would love to see photos and which fabric you went with. They told me they are working on a house denim as well at a lower price point. Not sure if selvedge.

Joe has mine right now. I lost a lot of weight between when he measured me and when they were delivered, so he’s taking them in. Should be getting them back soon and I’ll try to remember to take pics.

I don’t really recall the exact fabric.

shortlefty

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that the customer service of Divji and mytailor as whole has been beyond exceptional. After a very rushed fitting due to my schedule, Divji gave me his number and assured me that he would be willing to make any changes and accommodate to changes.

Of course, I had a ton of questions, additional requests, changes, etc over the span of a few weeks and he answered and gave advice on what we should go with. Definitely will be getting more from them in the future.

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of photos of my most recent commission from Hemrajani, a 3-piece, 3-button suit in a London Lounge navy blue nailhead worsted. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Moose22

Reaction score
That 3 button coat is a classically English style. Really nice on you. Great fabric, too.

Do you always use lapels on a waistcoat? I can't remember if it was you or someone else here who posted some pics that convinced me to try them, but my navy suit has a waistcoat just like that and I like it enough that my next one will have lapels, too.

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Here are a couple of photos of my most recent commission from Hemrajani, a 3-piece, 3-button suit in a London Lounge navy blue nailhead worsted. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

View attachment 1253598

View attachment 1253599

looks great. Out of curiosity, three button for your height? I feel like the waistcoat gets lost unless you leave the jacket fully unbuttoned.

really like this fabric. It’s a perfect “lighter than navy” without being too mid blue, which I feel is really hard to nail. Great stuff

Mr. Pink

Reaction score

View attachment 1253598

View attachment 1253599

Beautiful suit. You clearly have your style and fit perfectly dialed in with Joe. I seem to recall you posting that Joe had made you an overcoat. Did you ever post pics of it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads