• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
What's your 2 channel setup?
Right now I’ve been just rocking some headphones due to space limitations. Sennheiser HD600 and Schiit audio using my computer as the source with lossless files. It works for now but really want to get a turntable set back up soon.

My favorite system I had was Sound Lab panels with VTL tube mono blocks and a BAT pre. Sources were Rega TT and Esoteric CD player. Miss that system but no way I could fit it into my current place.

I’ve been wanting to find an old tube pre or amp that need some love and do a rehab project but haven’t found anything that has caught my eye so far. Also time really isn’t in my favor so will have to wait for awhile.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now I’ve been just rocking some headphones due to space limitations. Sennheiser HD600 and Schiit audio using my computer as the source with lossless files. It works for now but really want to get a turntable set back up soon.

My favorite system I had was Sound Lab panels with VTL tube mono blocks and a BAT pre. Sources were Rega TT and Esoteric CD player. Miss that system but no way I could fit it into my current place.

I’ve been wanting to find an old tube pre or amp that need some love and do a rehab project but haven’t found anything that has caught my eye so far. Also time really isn’t in my favor so will have to wait for awhile.

I would think old tub gear is ubiquitous on audiogon, but that might be where you have been looking.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been trying to find the photo of it but this was in like 2008ish(?) there was this guy who showed off his rig for his iPod and it was like a preamp, something else and three types of wires that he carried around daily.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to find the photo of it but this was in like 2008ish(?) there was this guy who showed off his rig for his iPod and it was like a preamp, something else and three types of wires that he carried around daily.

It was probably a process and amp, or integrated that was rubber banded to the ipod. Like this

MyST-1866-stack.jpg

This one would still need a cable from phone to amp unless it was BTed, aka toothed (i just made both of these terms up).

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Be honest with yourselves audiophiles: would you really be able to tell the difference in a blind audio test of, say, three variables?

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
I would think old tub gear is ubiquitous on audiogon, but that might be where you have been looking.
Yes I know the gon well.

I had one a couple years ago that was a nice old intergrated tube amp and tuner. Just didn’t have any time to do it and figure if I buy anything now will be same problem. I’ve been too busy rehabbing houses to do anything else lately. Oh well some day when I retire maybe.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be honest with yourselves audiophiles: would you really be able to tell the difference in a blind audio test of, say, three variables?

I'm not getting pulled in by your ataturk lite chicanery playgirl. That that **** to Dean Rosen's office for a spanking.

JGARY

Reaction score
For those of you who have used the full bespoke service, is there a house style/silhouette that you stick with, or do you just work something out with Joe? I apologize if this has been answered before; I read through this thread, but didn’t quite see what I was looking for.

Also, I know several of you are also Steed customers. Do you have a rule of thumb for what projects you give Steed vs MyTailor (e.g. winter stuff to Steed, summer to MT)? Thank you.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have used the full bespoke service, is there a house style/silhouette that you stick with, or do you just work something out with Joe? I apologize if this has been answered before; I read through this thread, but didn’t quite see what I was looking for.

Also, I know several of you are also Steed customers. Do you have a rule of thumb for what projects you give Steed vs MyTailor (e.g. winter stuff to Steed, summer to MT)? Thank you.

I am in the middle of doing a full bespoke suit with my basted fitting coming up in a few weeks. I sent him a picture of what i was trying to emulate and then talked through some items (standard shoulder, a bit of drape in the chest, wide straight lapels, medium gorge height, etc). Joe really stressed that they can do anything with regards to styling, i think they just need a frame of reference in order to make sure all sides are on the same page. I'll be sure to share some updates in September...

JGARY

Reaction score
Excellent— thank you. I’m looking forward to your updates.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dropped into Hemrajani’s HK workshop last week to order a summer jacket. We decided on a deep teal Cerruti wool/silk/linen blend, modelled after an unstructured Drakes linen jacket I own. I returned for a fitting, a few small things to be cleaned up but looked quite all right so far.
9D659A00-4231-49F8-B6A9-C345EA7F5E34.jpeg E1278E75-E4A4-432F-BC55-6D2DA5311A8E.jpeg 9B8C95D5-50A5-4DB7-9581-51719DA3750F.jpeg

Moose22

Reaction score
I dropped into Hemrajani’s HK workshop last week to order a summer jacket. We decided on a deep teal Cerruti wool/silk/linen blend, modelled after an unstructured Drakes linen jacket I own. I returned for a fitting, a few small things to be cleaned up but looked quite all right so far.

That's going to look good. Awesome to be able to get fit right there. Though their coatmaker has a great eye from photographs, nothing beats having the tailor see you in the coat, in person, to nail the final details.

I got a summer coat last year in Cerruti Oxygen -- wool and silk, not the wool silk linen, but still the Oxygen line -- and it's really great. Joe actually has a coat in the same fabric. Stays cool in warm weather even though we left some structure (I have a bit of a belly, it's more flattering) and I wore it a bunch of times last fall and this spring and summer. It is holding up really well.

I'm a fan. Would definitely get Cerruti again.

I had a really hard time deciding between a few of the fabrics in the Cerruti book, and still like the solid blues like yours. Probably should have gone with the wool/silk/linen light navy, to be honest, as it'd be more versatile for where I wear it. But that's the problem with Hemrajani. You like a fabric and ask a question, Joe starts digging in one of his cupboards like Mr Whoopee trying to find his blackboard, and out come different fabric books with three more options just as interesting.

Anyway, I popped back on this forum because I have a second suit going now. Sold my grey glenplaid that never fit quite right and went for a charcoal from Hemrajani to fill the spot in my wardrobe.

My first Hemrajani suit is a Navy done with Loro Piana -- one of the lighter weights at 250gsm. For the new charcoal suit I chose a Caccioppoli fabric that's heavier, 350gsm if I remember right. Joe convinced me the drape and durability will be worth the tradeoff and 10oz is still mid weight. I think it should be comfortable even on warmer fall or spring evenings. I usually wear suits most from October to June.

For my first suit we had to play with sleeve length and make some tweaks to the waistcoat, but they got surprisingly close for what's theoretically made to measure. It's a better suit and more versatile than I imagined. And as a 2 piece, the coat is genuinely flattering! The Cerruti coat from last summer is just straight up art, and it fits so perfectly it's like a second skin, though we tried a slightly higher button stance. After living with them for a season I decided the lower button stance on the first suit is more flattering so I went back to that for the charcoal suit.

Really excited to see how this next one comes out with all of the tweaks rolled into it.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had my follow up basted fitting with Joe and Divij. Suit is still pretty raw, no lining, buttons or pockets but the silhouette looks great, they nailed the drape and the lapel from the pictures I sent them. They noted a good amount of changes to adjust the pants in the thigh and knee and some slight adjustments to the drape on the jacket to account for a dropped shoulder, all in all I’m really glad I opted for the basted fitting.

Also, I just want to note that they are just really great to work with overall. Great customer service and bedside manner for a first time semi-bespoker. They don’t push advice or a house style, but also have an opinion in the pocket ready if you ask them. They’re also very responsive to questions in person and over email.

I’m eagerly awaiting the finished suit and chomping at the bit for the next commission.

tigerpac

Reaction score
Thanks all for the helpful info in this thread.

Had a nice first meeting with Joe and Divij today. Ended up going with some different shirts and a pair of trousers. It was funny to listen to them go back and forth with each other over little adjustments that they would suggest to me or which fabrics would look better etc. They clearly have tons of experience.

Looking forward to the finish products and thinking of what to get their next time around.

Moose22

Reaction score
It was funny to listen to them go back and forth with each other over little adjustments that they would suggest to me or which fabrics would look better etc. They clearly have tons of experience.
I seem to see Divij one time, Joe the next. Don't plan it that way, but that's how it happens.

They each have their own style and ideas about things. Divij is NOT a Joe copy, by any means, and they'll make comments about one another's recommendations when I'm working on something. Joe has a more flamboyant sense in some ways, and clearly loves tailoring. Divij might have an even better sense of proportion and a classic eye for line and style. Divij did my first suit and shirt measurements and made some slightly unorthodox decisions with trouser rise and button stance, and the result was amazing.

The shirts are ridiculously comfortable, too. But when Joe saw the first shirt he said "Is that a little tight?" I purposely got a couple of sizes, and went more form fitting for shirts I intend to wear under my waistcoat, and he spotted it instantly. Had suggestions for future orders immediately, too.

Joe did a sport coat for me and made some suggestions which were a little different than what I had in mind, but turned out great. Divij saw it "That's Dad's coat. You moved the button up?" Also a sharp eye. And he worked with me to get my shirts absolutely perfect, including helping me pick the right fabrics.

Needless to say, both of them have been right. Joe's tweaks to my sizing made a coat that fit like a second skin, and he somehow convinced me to go with curved pockets and it came back with some small details like the matching thread on the lapel buttonhole. He loves the fine details and he's really proud of the work their coatmaker can do. Divij's suit was more conservative, but I've never owned a more flattering garment than that coat.

Last time in Joe helped. I asked about pleats and cuffs on the next suit "Yes, one pleat. turned out." He immediately knew how he could improve my current, spectacularly well made, suit. And he has a more Italian sensibility for the smaller details. When he ordered shirts they came back with matching color thread on the buttons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads