• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

beowolf

Reaction score
I suppose I don't understand why the box matters at all. It's simply a delivery vehicle to get your shipment from China to your destination. Divij ships everything with a very nice hangar so that you can hang your jacket properly.

As for the quality of the items, I need more time with mine as I just received my first shipment from him.

I had a bit of a problem with my shorts sizing, but the jacket and especially the shirts I ordered were wonderful. Also, the first time you see a tailor is always the most challenging relative to fit and finish. Your fit should get better with time.

That said, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with him. I personally already have a second appointment scheduled with him in July. He's going to fix the shorts for me, review the jacket I purchased for adjustments and I'm going to place an order for a navy suit.
With time my mind may change, I guess for me as a designer I expect a bit more when it comes to the packaging for high end items and I was taken back when I saw the box with a wrinkled suit in it. I will take it to Parkway Cleaners next week and get it properly pressed and see if I feel better about the fit.

I also felt the pants are too wide and he offered to tailor them but I am fine with it, I don't consider this suit among my special occasion suits, it feels like a beater suit that I will wear regularly during the week so I do not feel the need for the further hassle of packaging the suit and send it back, I have a good local tailor who can work on it if I choose to later.

I ordered a shirt from him and I hope it fits and looks well compared to others like Luxire.

beowolf

Reaction score
Wow, that's crazy, I was actually going to go with them first before I picked Divij, mainly from all the positive comments here.

nevaeh

Reaction score
In my mind, I thought I ordered a double breasted and I was excited to see it which immediately gave me buyers remorse but that is my mistake not theirs.

The box is really bad I mean come on! I received the hanger but it did not feel quality. Again, the fit is good and the construction is good but I currently own 19 suits (most of them MTM) and I expect this suit to be superior in fit and construction and to be honest it feels no better than a suit from Suitsupply. I would not mind if it was $700-900 but for $1450, the most I have ever paid for a suit so far it definitely is a diminishing return.

The reason why I chose them instead of Lanieri is that they provide full canvas construction and I wanted to purchase a Bespoke suit thinking that I would get more customization and a better fit but when I compare them with my other suits they feel and look better on me and Lanieri had more options including button choices and other features that Divij does not provide. The one advantage over Lanieri is that Divij has a wider choice of fabric patterns but I do not feel it is worth the extra cost.
I'm sorry to hear that you had an experience that wasn't stellar. Did you go for the basted fitting option or the straight to finish option?

What you say about expecting a great fit makes sense. And curious what additional customization options were you looking for?

None of what I'm about to say below is to convince you one way or another. This is not to explain your experience. (I don't have a bone to pick here.) It's mostly musings on my thoughts.

Since we're discussing fit and quality without being able to look at the items in person (or without comparative photos), we'll have to be subjective. The more I get into menswear, fit has been the holy grail. I've found that sometimes it takes a few iterations to get a great fit, particularly when going straight to finish. With Lanieri you've presulably had multiple fittings and iterations to improve your fit--or, maybe, even were fortunate and had a great fit from the first go.

On quality, I've found my Divij items to be several orders of magnitude better than my SuitSupply items. I've had SuitSupply custom with full canvas and they feel tight and the quality feels flimsy. Divij is done by hand and the lapel roll is significantly better. My alterations tailor once looked at the back of my Divij lapels and asked if this was a $10,000 Italian suit.

Also, do you have a photo of the Lanieri hanger? I thought Divij's wood hangers were among the best--so am curious how Lanieri's can make Divij's seem inferior!

beowolf

Reaction score
I did not go with the basted fitting it was straight to finish. I was mainly underwhelmed because of the fact that it was not a double breasted and it did not feel like a quality garment. Interestingly when I went for the fitting I was wearing an Lanieri suit, which It tooks about one extra tweak from my local tailor to get the fit right but Divij was impressed with the fit of the Jacket and pretty much mirrored his fit to it which I can definately see. However, he did not like the low rise of Lanieri's pants and adjusted them on my suit which I will have to get use to as I liked the low rise.

I can say that he pretty much nailed the fit aside from the wider pants legs but again, not worth $1,450. The suits I purchased years ago from Enzo in Westminster MD feel more bespoke than this and I only paid $500 back in the day.

I guess I expected too much. It is by no means a bad suit, it is just underwhelming.

beowolf

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that you had an experience that wasn't stellar. Did you go for the basted fitting option or the straight to finish option?

What you say about expecting a great fit makes sense. And curious what additional customization options were you looking for?

None of what I'm about to say below is to convince you one way or another. This is not to explain your experience. (I don't have a bone to pick here.) It's mostly musings on my thoughts.

Since we're discussing fit and quality without being able to look at the items in person (or without comparative photos), we'll have to be subjective. The more I get into menswear, fit has been the holy grail. I've found that sometimes it takes a few iterations to get a great fit, particularly when going straight to finish. With Lanieri you've presulably had multiple fittings and iterations to improve your fit--or, maybe, even were fortunate and had a great fit from the first go.

On quality, I've found my Divij items to be several orders of magnitude better than my SuitSupply items. I've had SuitSupply custom with full canvas and they feel tight and the quality feels flimsy. Divij is done by hand and the lapel roll is significantly better. My alterations tailor once looked at the back of my Divij lapels and asked if this was a $10,000 Italian suit.

Also, do you have a photo of the Lanieri hanger? I thought Divij's wood hangers were among the best--so am curious how Lanieri's can make Divij's seem inferior!
Lanieri just uses a cedar hanger but it feels heavier. I did not think the Divij hangers were actually wood. I will check again.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just FYI. My bespoke Savile Row garments came in a UPS box with no hanger. Same with my Rubinacci pieces from Naples. It’s really not about the box.

That said I do recognize that your criticism is not fully about the packaging. Sometimes the custom experience takes some back and forth.

I do hope you’ll have the suit pressed and then wear it back to see Divij on his next visit and he deserves to get your feedback. Even if you don’t buy anything else from him you deserve to get the best fit possible from this order.

One of the bespoke tailors I use now took a number of tries to fit my first order. Since they were remote the process lasted over a year. Now my pattern is nailed and their work is fantastic. But my initial impression out of the box was really bad. Bespoke can be a process.

beowolf

Reaction score
Thanks Mark and everyone

I feel a bit better about it, and I may have him tweak the fit but I don't understand why it cost extra for a double breasted.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark and everyone

I feel a bit better about it, and I may have him tweak the fit but I don't understand why it cost extra for a double breasted.
How much extra are we talking? There are practical reasons that a DB jacket *should* cost more but I’m not sure how much more you’re talking about.

nevaeh

Reaction score
I did not go with the basted fitting it was straight to finish. I was mainly underwhelmed because of the fact that it was not a double breasted and it did not feel like a quality garment. Interestingly when I went for the fitting I was wearing an Lanieri suit, which It tooks about one extra tweak from my local tailor to get the fit right but Divij was impressed with the fit of the Jacket and pretty much mirrored his fit to it which I can definately see. However, he did not like the low rise of Lanieri's pants and adjusted them on my suit which I will have to get use to as I liked the low rise.

I can say that he pretty much nailed the fit aside from the wider pants legs but again, not worth $1,450. The suits I purchased years ago from Enzo in Westminster MD feel more bespoke than this and I only paid $500 back in the day.

I guess I expected too much. It is by no means a bad suit, it is just underwhelming.
Definitely have it pressed by a professional dry cleaner and wear this a few times. It might grow on you. Then, when Divij is back in your city, have him take a look. He might be able to alter the aspects you don't like.

As Mark said, even if you never order fro him again, he'll appreciate your feedback.

beowolf

Reaction score
How much extra are we talking? There are practical reasons that a DB jacket *should* cost more but I’m not sure how much more you’re talking about.
I don't know, I did not ask, Divij mentioned that they charge extra and they don't do a ticket pocket with a double breasted even though that's what I add on all my DBs.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you do a fitting? If not (and I suspect you did not at $1450), then you can't really expect bespoke fit.

Edit: Sorry I saw above you did not. Unfair to expect bespoke fit when you essentially did mtm.

Boxes and hangers are window dressing. They don't matter.

beowolf

Reaction score
Did you do a fitting? If not (and I suspect you did not at $1450), then you can't really expect bespoke fit.

Edit: Sorry I saw above you did not. Unfair to expect bespoke fit when you essentially did mtm.

Boxes and hangers are window dressing. They don't matter.
I did not do a basted fitting as he said with my physique I did not need it. Even though, I expected better craftsmanship for an over $1,000 MTM suit. I doubt adding the basted would have made it better, in fact it probably would have made me more disappointed.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not do a basted fitting as he said with my physique I did not need it. Even though, I expected better craftsmanship for an over $1,000 MTM suit. I doubt adding the basted would have made it better, in fact it probably would have made me more disappointed.

What about the craftsmanship do you find poorly done?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I did not ask, Divij mentioned that they charge extra and they don't do a ticket pocket with a double breasted even though that's what I add on all my DBs.
Good for Divij. It’s admirable when tailors keep customers from making mistakes.

A DB will use more fabric than a SB which is more money. There are more buttons which if hand sewn is more money. There is more sewing and more iron work which is more money. I’m surprised that you’re surprised that a DB would cost more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads