• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very happy with my first order from Divij. The instructions that came in the package recommend that new jackets be professionally pressed or dry cleaned before wearing. Has anyone foregone this step? Part of me knows I should trust the maker's directions but I also try to dry clean my nicer garments as sparingly as possible in the interest of longevity.
Pictures though?

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very happy with my first order from Divij. The instructions that came in the package recommend that new jackets be professionally pressed or dry cleaned before wearing. Has anyone foregone this step? Part of me knows I should trust the maker's directions but I also try to dry clean my nicer garments as sparingly as possible in the interest of longevity.

I almost always let mine just hang for a week or two then start rocking them.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about a professional press?

Unless it's a hand press by an actual tailor, it's going to go badly. Most cleaners will just press the shape out of any suit.

There is one cleaner that does hand cleaning of suits and then hand pressing in Maryland just outside of DC. It's very expensive. I've paid over $100 for a suit to be cleaned there. I do it sparingly, maybe once a year for my most frequently worn suits and once every other year for the ones I rarely wear.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Unless it's a hand press by an actual tailor, it's going to go badly. Most cleaners will just press the shape out of any suit.

There is one cleaner that does hand cleaning of suits and then hand pressing in Maryland just outside of DC. It's very expensive. I've paid over $100 for a suit to be cleaned there. I do it sparingly, maybe once a year for my most frequently worn suits and once every other year for the ones I rarely wear.
This
cleaners use too much steam. They blow out the suit on a form.
Cleaners intent is to remove wrinkles but not to shape a garment. That’s the critical difference.
Pressing is as difficult to learn/master in tailoring as any other operation of making a garment.

beowolf

Reaction score

What's the name if this cleaner?

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the name if this cleaner?
Parkway Cleaners. They used to be on Connecticut Ave. between Kensington and Chevy Chase, but the Purple Line construction caused them to lose their long-time facility. They moved to North Bethesda/Rockville last year. They do pickup/delivery throughout the DC area and it's included in the price.

FWIW, they also have a person who can do reweaving for moth holes. Also expensive, but I think it's the only service in the area.

Professor_3

Reaction score

Which cleaners do you use in Maryland/DC?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which cleaners do you use in Maryland/DC?
The post that is right above yours:
Parkway Cleaners. They used to be on Connecticut Ave. between Kensington and Chevy Chase, but the Purple Line construction caused them to lose their long-time facility. They moved to North Bethesda/Rockville last year. They do pickup/delivery throughout the DC area and it's included in the price.

FWIW, they also have a person who can do reweaving for moth holes. Also expensive, but I think it's the only service in the area.

-mM

Reaction score
I recieved the first of my items from my very first order from Divij.

I haven't yet taken it to be pressed by the cleaner. Overall, it's a wonderful piece. It'll need some minor alterations (the sleeves are slightly too long), the top button seems to pull at the jacket and I'm not certain that I really like the button placement. The front of the jacket seems like it needs some adjustments as well to me. That said, perhaps pressing the jacket really will make a big difference. I will say though, the back of the jacket looks outstanding! I also adore the fabric.

I believe Divij mentioned that all of his jackets are full canvas (which is an outstanding value) but I was having a hard time feeling it physically when I initially inspected the jacket.

My concern however was the shorts that I had made. They are way too tight. Both the waistiline and the crotch area are too small. I'm not even certain that we can fix this.

I've reached out to Divij via email to inquire what next steps will be. I'll let you know what he says.

That said, what do you all think about the jacket? (I can't show the shorts. Too personal a pic)

-mM

Attachments

• IMG_2828.jpeg
    IMG_2828.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_2836.jpeg
    IMG_2836.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_2830.jpeg
    IMG_2830.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 1,279

beowolf

Reaction score
Just received my first suit from Divij, and I am not excited about it. This fit is fine but overall I do not think that it feels like a "Bespoke" suit. Part of my disappointment is that I thought I asked for a double breasted but I now recall that I did not order it and it a 2 button notch lapel suit. It was a nice experience meeting him and going through the measurements and picking the fabric and everything, but overall this suit to me does not compare with some cheaper offerings that I have purchased.

My most recent suits have been purchased from Lanieri a MTM company out of Italy and I have to say that their suits fit better, look better and are much cheaper even though they are only half-canvas. Even the packaging disappointed me as it came in a standard Fedex box and Lanieri comes in a full sized box with nicer hanger and bag and overall the suit has way more standard features. Divij informed me that it cost extra for double breasted and that seems crazy to me when I have purchased several suits made from various sources throughout the years that do not charge extra. He explained to me that this is a hand crafted suit and I can appreciate that I guess, but for $1,450.00 I expected much more. This will be the last suit I purchase from them.

Last edited:

nevaeh

Reaction score
Just received my first suit from Divij, and I am not excited about it. This fit is fine but overall I do not think that it feels like a "Bespoke" suit. Part of my disappointment is that I thought I asked for a double breasted but I now recall that I did not order it and it a 2 button notch lapel suit. It was a nice experience meeting him and going through the measurements and picking the fabric and everything, but overall this suit to me does not compare with some cheaper offerings that I have purchased.

My most recent suits have been purchased from Lanieri a MTM company out of Italy and I have to say that their suits fit better, look better and are much cheaper even though they are only half-canvas. Even the packaging disappointed me as it came in a standard Fedex box and Lanieri comes in a full sized box with nicer hanger and bag and overall the suit has way more standard features. Divij informed me that it cost extra for double breasted and that seems crazy to me when I have purchased several suits made from various sources throughout the years that do not charge extra. He explained to me that this is a hand crafted suit and I can appreciate that I guess, but for $1,450.00 I expected much more. This will be the last suit I purchase from them.
You ordered a double breasted and got a single breasted? Or you ordered a single breasted and got a single breasted?

If the former, you should contact Divij; you should get what you ordered. If the latter, I have found that buyer's remorse is sometimes strong in hindsight. This is especially true with custom, where there are many choices.

Divij's box is underwhelming, for sure. Did you not receive their wood hanger with your packaging? I have found their quality of construction to be higher than any other suit I own. (Though I don't own much, so take that with a grain of salt.)

Curious, if you've enjoyed Lanieri, what prompted exploring other brands? Was there something specific Lanieri wasn't able to accomplish or a general wanting to explore?

Last edited:

beowolf

Reaction score
In my mind, I thought I ordered a double breasted and I was excited to see it which immediately gave me buyers remorse but that is my mistake not theirs.

The box is really bad I mean come on! I received the hanger but it did not feel quality. Again, the fit is good and the construction is good but I currently own 19 suits (most of them MTM) and I expect this suit to be superior in fit and construction and to be honest it feels no better than a suit from Suitsupply. I would not mind if it was $700-900 but for $1450, the most I have ever paid for a suit so far it definitely is a diminishing return.

The reason why I chose them instead of Lanieri is that they provide full canvas construction and I wanted to purchase a Bespoke suit thinking that I would get more customization and a better fit but when I compare them with my other suits they feel and look better on me and Lanieri had more options including button choices and other features that Divij does not provide. The one advantage over Lanieri is that Divij has a wider choice of fabric patterns but I do not feel it is worth the extra cost.

-mM

Reaction score
I suppose I don't understand why the box matters at all. It's simply a delivery vehicle to get your shipment from China to your destination. Divij ships everything with a very nice hangar so that you can hang your jacket properly.

As for the quality of the items, I need more time with mine as I just received my first shipment from him.

I had a bit of a problem with my shorts sizing, but the jacket and especially the shirts I ordered were wonderful. Also, the first time you see a tailor is always the most challenging relative to fit and finish. Your fit should get better with time.

That said, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with him. I personally already have a second appointment scheduled with him in July. He's going to fix the shorts for me, review the jacket I purchased for adjustments and I'm going to place an order for a navy suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads