• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

nevaeh

Reaction score
Looks like this thread needs to be renamed now to "Divij (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread," as MyTailor.com seems to be officially offline. The end of one era, and the beginning of another.

tigerpac

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing extra lag time with your orders?

I ordered a few different items mid-May and was told about 5 weeks for production. We're at 9 weeks now and I'm 0 for 3 on delivered items. I reached out last week and was told a couple of the items would ship in 5 to 7 days... that was 7 days ago so hopefully this week.

Not the end of the world, but I'm curious if its everything or I just drew the short straw.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered a few different items mid-May and was told about 5 weeks for production. We're at 9 weeks now and I'm 0 for 3 on delivered items. I reached out last week and was told a couple of the items would ship in 5 to 7 days... that was 7 days ago so hopefully this week.

Not the end of the world, but I'm curious if its everything or I just drew the short straw.

I ordered a suit on the May trip to NYC and it arrived almost 8 weeks to the day. FWIW I always assume about 8 weeks for any custom items, anything earlier is just a bonus!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got my jacket and pants a little while ago. Tried on the jacket: fantastic fit. Dropping both off at the cleaners for a press tomorrow.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score

They have had supply chain issues just like every other industry. I had some polos on order for months but they couldn’t get the fabric from the mill so took awhile.

honestly not an issue for me as I understand the bigger picture but that has caused them some delays they can’t help on their end.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Next week i am paying them a visit. I want to get a navy or blue pinstripe suit.

Looking for fabric recommendations. Can't decide if i want something classic or maybe more contemporary. But i do want something i can wear year round in Atlanta.

My big question... 3p or double breasted. I don't have a db suit and im kinda thinking it might look too much out of the 40s. But i am not sure if a 3p suit would be more anachronistic. I do know a db suit i would want a bit of flair to it so it doesn't look so boxy as i think many dbs look. I do like 3p suits however...

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next week i am paying them a visit. I want to get a navy or blue pinstripe suit.

Looking for fabric recommendations. Can't decide if i want something classic or maybe more contemporary. But i do want something i can wear year round in Atlanta.

My big question... 3p or double breasted. I don't have a db suit and im kinda thinking it might look too much out of the 40s. But i am not sure if a 3p suit would be more anachronistic. I do know a db suit i would want a bit of flair to it so it doesn't look so boxy as i think many dbs look. I do like 3p suits however...

A well cut 6x2 shouldn't look boxy. Go DB. I wore one the other day for the first time in a while and thought "I should just commission everything DB from now on."

Last edited:

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If you get a DB, get it in a solid cloth, maybe hopsack or something like Holland & Sherry Crispaire. Will make it easier to wear and you have the option of wearing it as an odd jacket with other trousers. Easy to put patterned shirts with a solid cloth. The combination of a stripe and DB may reduce the opportunities to wear a striped DB suit.
What‘s your preference for a stripe? Subtle, bold, rope, beaded, chalk, wide, narrow or spaced in between? Do you want to make a statement or be understated? Do you want to wear the suit for everyday business or special occasions?
How can we advise you when there are so many unknowns?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not that you should weigh your desires based on the collective societal view, but, if you are (and if all things are equal), absolutely go three piece.
Otherwise, both can be awesome if done. Go with what you prefer. I’m partial to a three piece

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you get a DB, get it in a solid cloth, maybe hopsack or something like Holland & Sherry Crispaire. Will make it easier to wear and you have the option of wearing it as an odd jacket with other trousers. Easy to put patterned shirts with a solid cloth. The combination of a stripe and DB may reduce the opportunities to wear a striped DB suit.
What‘s your preference for a stripe? Subtle, bold, rope, beaded, chalk, wide, narrow or spaced in between? Do you want to make a statement or be understated? Do you want to wear the suit for everyday business or special occasions?
How can we advise you when there are so many unknowns?
I know my question was os vague as to be a non starter.... it would be for every day business wear. i will take your advice and do a solid db for first db (and like @ericgereghty i prefer 3ps). I dont really have a preference for what type of stripe. I think im going to weigh up the choices. Im open to really anything so long as the stripe itself is a white one.

Anyway i say all that to say what would you suggest for a 3p stripe suit in blue that i could wear every day with openess to going bold.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A well cut 6x2 shouldn't look boxy. Go DB. I wore one the other day for the first time in a while and thought "I should just commission everything DB from now on."

What's wrong with looking anachronistic? Where I live- Silicon Valley, tailored clothing looks anachronistic.
Yet I wear it now and then.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with looking anachronistic? Where I live- Silicon Valley, tailored clothing looks anachronistic.

I'm confused why I was quoted above? I don't think I made any value judgements on looks, anachronistic or otherwise.

I just said I like DB's.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, there's nothing necessarily wrong with it. Like, I will often go full Ivy prep and it just looks like a style, even though it is 60 years out of date. Then you have situations like Tibor which... anyway about that. I think it's just a matter of what you can get away with. And I say that as someone who likes to wear 3p suits.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, you don't want a striped DB. You might end up looking this this idiot:
IMG_8436.jpeg

Hemrajani x Harrison's flannel

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads