• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
It seems like their website stopped accepting new orders. Has anyone spoken to Divij? Are they ok given the covid surge in India? And do they know when they can take orders again?
I’d just call Divij and ask. Might just be a website issue. The switch over was a bit ago.

also to answer one point About more expensive in person. It depends on the fabric. He has the same books as what he shows online but brings way more with him in person. I personally have bought numerous items that are not online such as all the W Bill linens, etc.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever requested a change in the pitch of their shirt sleeve?

Staxxx1

Reaction score

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Has anybody ever requested a change in the pitch of their shirt sleeve?
Always. I have rounded shoulders, and I get very unsightly creases. So I rotate the sleeve (if that is what you mean).

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always. I have rounded shoulders, and I get very unsightly creases. So I rotate the sleeve (if that is what you mean).

Interesting. Where are those unsightly creases usually located? Are they creases that start from the outline of your shoulder going diagonally into your pits?

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Interesting. Where are those unsightly creases usually located? Are they creases that start from the outline of your shoulder going diagonally into your pits?
The creases are located from the shoulder going diagonally down to the front of the elbow across the pecs.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should have posted this a couple of weeks ago. Had Joe and Divij make me two seersucker suits in late 2019 for the summer of 2020...oops. Finally getting to wear them occasionally now. From the Loro Piana wool/silk seersucker. Shirt is also Hemrajani in linen.
55D095A1-7B13-4CB2-9B00-4CD409C4C4B1.jpeg

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should have posted this a couple of weeks ago. Had Joe and Divij make me two seersucker suits in late 2019 for the summer of 2020...oops. Finally getting to wear them occasionally now. From the Loro Piana wool/silk seersucker. Shirt is also Hemrajani in linen.
View attachment 1613520

How does this compare to Steed and the other tailors you’ve used?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How does this compare to Steed and the other tailors you’ve used?

The comparison really isn’t a fair one.

I’ve been using Joe for years so we’ve got the fit pretty dialed in by now. Joe and Divij are great about making adjustments as we go to really bring the levels up. I’m really happy with the price/quality value. I use them for pretty much 100% of my shirts and a fairly large number of my tailored pieces.

But at their price point you just can’t expect the level of handwork, finish-out or details that you’d get with Steed, Despos, Rubinacci or any of the others. That all comes at a cost.

That said, the quality of the work is very high. I rarely go a day when I’m wearing tailored clothing when at least one piece isn’t Hemrajani. Nearly 100% of my dress shirts are from them.

My first Hemrajani sport jacket was from 2004-2005 or so. I gifted it to my oldest son when I was done with it a couple of years ago and it’s still in his rotation.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The comparison really isn’t a fair one.

I’ve been using Joe for years so we’ve got the fit pretty dialed in by now. Joe and Divij are great about making adjustments as we go to really bring the levels up. I’m really happy with the price/quality value. I use them for pretty much 100% of my shirts and a fairly large number of my tailored pieces.

But at their price point you just can’t expect the level of handwork, finish-out or details that you’d get with Steed, Despos, Rubinacci or any of the others. That all comes at a cost.

That said, the quality of the work is very high. I rarely go a day when I’m wearing tailored clothing when at least one piece isn’t Hemrajani. Nearly 100% of my dress shirts are from them.

My first Hemrajani sport jacket was from 2004-2005 or so. I gifted it to my oldest son when I was done with it a couple of years ago and it’s still in his rotation.
Out of curiosity, what linens (if applicable) do you use for your shirts from them?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what linens (if applicable) do you use for your shirts from them?

Sorry. No idea. I developed such a level of trust with Joe I’d let him guide me.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1613520
I seem to recall you mentioning that you'd had seersucker suits made. By coincidence, I wore mine for the first time since the summer/fall of 2019 yesterday. Also wearing a Hemrajani shirt. And it's also true for me that rare is the day when I'm not wearing at least one item made by Hemrajani/Divij Bespoke.
IMG_0672.jpeg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am probably doxxing myself to them but, like, I guess they probably don't have many clients named Ed who live in Atlanta. Anyway

just ordered a brown leno fabric jacket. 3 patches, two button blah blah blah. And some khaki pants.

Debating shirts. I kind of want some linens but I can't decide if i want a buttown down collar or what. I would want to wear with a tie.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Debating shirts. I kind of want some linens but I can't decide if i want a buttown down collar or what. I would want to wear with a tie.

I like button-down collars with linen shirts but I generally find linen too casual to wear with most ties. Maybe a knit tie. In addition, most linen shirt collars are too soft/floppy for a tie. A linen-cotton blend would work better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads