• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

profguy

Reaction score
Appreciate the replies!

Per a question, they are booking 60 minute blocks for my town.

Per several replies, lol, I'll do my best on 'best fitting garment' but really none of my current suits are great on me, in part bc I've lost weight recently so a couple that were not bad fits are now clearly too big, and bc I never had my OTR suits altered as much as they probably should have been, just enough to work. My best fitting jacket right now is from a different suit than the best fitting trousers, given weight loss taking more off my waist than chest. I.e., I don't have any where I'd say, "this is a look I want to repeat"! :)

I'll appreciate Divij's lead on finer style points. Some basics I know like for sure pleated. I'm looking for a traditional and comfortable sort of fit that does not restrict movement -- sometimes I'll need a suit in a lecture setting where I might walk around, point at things, write on a whiteboard that puts my arms pretty high. Pocket construction... :eh:? I only recently figured out that 'canvassing' refers to a hidden internal structure layer and not the interior lining or something. Fabric, I know I want a basic charcoal solid, in the lower-priced lines, and not hot & heavy, but not much beyond that.

That said, I probably wouldnt have gone custom shirts if I'd been easy to fit -- 19 neck, 32/33 arms, 38 waist -- but given I did, I've enjoyed being able to tweak size and style details, and especially to have such a choice of fabrics. On that note I figure I'll look at some shirt swatches while there too. Most shirts I've had good luck with their web depictions, but for say, plain whites it's hard to gauge differences in opacity, fine texture, etc., from an image.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Appreciate the replies!

Per a question, they are booking 60 minute blocks for my town.

Per several replies, lol, I'll do my best on 'best fitting garment' but really none of my current suits are great on me, in part bc I've lost weight recently so a couple that were not bad fits are now clearly too big, and bc I never had my OTR suits altered as much as they probably should have been, just enough to work. My best fitting jacket right now is from a different suit than the best fitting trousers, given weight loss taking more off my waist than chest. I.e., I don't have any where I'd say, "this is a look I want to repeat"! :)

I'll appreciate Divij's lead on finer style points. Some basics I know like for sure pleated. I'm looking for a traditional and comfortable sort of fit that does not restrict movement -- sometimes I'll need a suit in a lecture setting where I might walk around, point at things, write on a whiteboard that puts my arms pretty high. Pocket construction... :eh:? I only recently figured out that 'canvassing' refers to a hidden internal structure layer and not the interior lining or something. Fabric, I know I want a basic charcoal solid, in the lower-priced lines, and not hot & heavy, but not much beyond that.

That said, I probably wouldnt have gone custom shirts if I'd been easy to fit -- 19 neck, 32/33 arms, 38 waist -- but given I did, I've enjoyed being able to tweak size and style details, and especially to have such a choice of fabrics. On that note I figure I'll look at some shirt swatches while there too. Most shirts I've had good luck with their web depictions, but for say, plain whites it's hard to gauge differences in opacity, fine texture, etc., from an image.

I had the same issue with not having anything that fits me well enough. So, I wore my best fit and took a few photos on my phone of the types of fits I wanted. Those photos were from here, the Instagrams, etc. And then I discussed with Divij the type of fit I wanted, which, coincidentally, almost matches your requirements for comfort and traditional. He had great input.

These are some style images I showed Divij (from various sources that, unfortunately, I don't remember to give them proper attribution here):

1620849764896.png

1620849795824.png

1620849812113.png

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only one able to shout out from the above is @Newcomer and a typically gorgeous @Despos suit. All good inspiration choices.
Not exactly a finer point discussion, but I'd be pretty open in preference about going bigger rather than slimmer in sizing, especially if you don't go for a basted fitting.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only one able to shout out from the above is @Newcomer and a typically gorgeous @Despos suit. All good inspiration choices.
Not exactly a finer point discussion, but I'd be pretty open in preference about going bigger rather than slimmer in sizing, especially if you don't go for a basted fitting.

I need to lose a bit of weight to fit back in that jacket :).

Fortunately, with COVID abating, I can travel once again…

nevaeh

Reaction score

Yes! That’s it—thank you. Honestly, @Newcomer’s suit looks like the optimal fit. And having a Despos suit is a life goal. Hope he doesn’t mind that I’m using his work as an inspiration in the meantime. ?

nevaeh

Reaction score
I need to lose a bit of weight to fit back in that jacket :).

Fortunately, with COVID abating, I can travel once again…

Out of curiosity, how much plus or minus weight should a bespoke suit be able to tolerate? My SuitSupply OTR stuff is fairly finicky and 5 lbs here or there makes them tight. And in the Chicago winters, 5 lbs here or there happens almost by default!

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how much plus or minus weight should a bespoke suit be able to tolerate? My SuitSupply OTR stuff is fairly finicky and 5 lbs here or there makes them tight. And in the Chicago winters, 5 lbs here or there happens almost by default!

Bespoke would use significantly more inlays than high street OTR stuff...probably over 2 inches vs. SS's 1/2 inch or so.

I guess it all depends on how you wear your weight, but I fluctuate about 10lbs throughout the year depending on activity and diet and I've never had to have my Hemrajani suit taken in or let it. I think this is something that you could ask Divij about while making it and ask them to include extra inlays, I don't think it would really add to the fabric usage significantly...

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris builds in a pretty substantial amount of wiggle room. I'm probably 10lbs heavier, and taking it out can certainly account for that weight.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like their website stopped accepting new orders. Has anyone spoken to Divij? Are they ok given the covid surge in India? And do they know when they can take orders again?

Staxxx1

Reaction score
They do not have any production in India. I believe the family left for HK in the 1960s and Divj is based in the US, while Joe is in HK. BTW, the situation in India - and Bangalore, where I live, is particularly dire.
I haven't left my flat since the 21st of April.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do not have any production in India. I believe the family left for HK in the 1960s and Divj is based in the US, while Joe is in HK. BTW, the situation in India - and Bangalore, where I live, is particularly dire.

Yeah, the situation there is insane. A few of my Indian college friends are saying its like the apocalypse there.

I mean they're based in Hong Kong. I don't know how the situation in India would be affecting anything.

Yeah I figured. I wonder why they stopped accepting orders then.

nevaeh

Reaction score
It seems like their website stopped accepting new orders. Has anyone spoken to Divij? Are they ok given the covid surge in India? And do they know when they can take orders again?

Who has stopped accepting orders? MyTailor or Divij.com? Could this be the inevitable transfer from MyTailor to Divij …

Please stay safe!

Last edited:

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Who has stopped accepting orders? MyTailor or Divij.com? Could thus be the inevitable transfer from MyTailor to Divij …

Yes, I believe you are correct.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads