• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! This looks straight out of 1940 (in a good way)!

do you know when the transition is set to occur? The Divij Bespoke site says it will be updated in summer 2020, it I’m guessing the pandemic has thrown a monkey wrench in those plans.

I’m anxious to read about how Divij Bespoke will be different or similar to the Hemrajani label...
Thanks!

I don't know any details about the transition. Last I spoke to either Joe or Divij, my impression was that Joe was stepping back and that Divij would be resuming some of their travel schedule. Based upon other sources (mainly Kirby Allison), my understanding is that Divij plans to focus his messaging more around bespoke than they did around the Hemrajani brand. I have two lengths of cloth with Divij at the moment, and I don't expect any difference in the result.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
I talked to Divij some about what he’s looking to do. He said he wants to showcase on the website all the different things that are possible such as the shirt jacket, tech vest, etc. Will be a focus on anything can be done as it’s all custom. He did say COVID did delay getting stuff launched so still was working on getting the site up and running.

Joe from what I understand will focus more on the production side of things while Divij will handle the appointments and travel. I was happy to see him in Chicago and hopefully next year can be more back to normal.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
Have added about 5 Hemrajani shirts to the wardrobe in the second half of 2020. Divij is fantastic in terms of customer support. 6tg one should be arriving soon.

looking forward to committing to a suit sometime this year.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered off the new site? I still prefer in person but does allow for a nice option if you have your styles dialed in.

nevaeh

Reaction score
For shirts, are buttons with shanks Hemrajani's default option or is that a special request?

SZNettles

Reaction score
For shirts, are buttons with shanks Hemrajani's default option or is that a special request?
Bit of a late response, but they wouldn't be standard. At least on the shirts I just received.

profguy

Reaction score
Greetings, I'm a long-time Hemrajani shirt customer and have a fitting with Divij scheduled in the coming weeks to finally get a suit from them. This will be my first in-person experience with them; shirts have all been through the website.

Couple of questions.

1. First, should I assume pricing offered on-site will be similar to what's available on the web? E.g., on the website it looks like suits in basic fabrics are available in the $1100-$1300 range, and that's certainly what I'm hoping for. I recall years ago either here or askandy forum seeing someone surprised that prices seemed significantly higher at the fitting than they'd seen online.

Fwiw, ~ $1200 is a stretch for me, but I don't fit OTR well and a few times per year I now find myself speaking to large audiences or doing a web/TV interview, or meeting VIPs (VIP for my industry at least), and I'd like have one or two solidly good suits in a traditional style. The trend toward 'modern' fits even from places like Brooks just does not flatter me at all -- I'm a stocky and somewhat squat guy in my 50s (huge neck, big chest, big thighs, short legs).

2. Shirts took two or three rounds to really dial in, but of course I was measuring myself. What's a typical first suit experience? Should I expect it I'll need to send to Divij and back a time or two for alterations? (I guess based on descriptions and or photos of the fit? I.e., there won't be a chance for a second in-person round anytime soon)

3. From experience, anything I should think to ask or to request that might not be obvious? I did see the note suggesting I bring in a good fitting suit and dress shirt, and I will plan to do that. I'll be in a shirt from my latest Divij order and will see if they have any suggestions in tweaking the shirt fit for future orders (to my eye it's not bad, but "my eye" is pretty amateur)

Thanks!

BigGee

Reaction score
Profguy - looks like we're in the same boat.
I'm interested to know how long your appointment is scheduled for. I'm sure I saw something that showed 30 min. time blocks. I'm not sure (as a newbie) if I could make good decisions without more time.

Please keep us updated !

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings, I'm a long-time Hemrajani shirt customer and have a fitting with Divij scheduled in the coming weeks to finally get a suit from them. This will be my first in-person experience with them; shirts have all been through the website.

Couple of questions.

1. First, should I assume pricing offered on-site will be similar to what's available on the web? E.g., on the website it looks like suits in basic fabrics are available in the $1100-$1300 range, and that's certainly what I'm hoping for. I recall years ago either here or askandy forum seeing someone surprised that prices seemed significantly higher at the fitting than they'd seen online.

Fwiw, ~ $1200 is a stretch for me, but I don't fit OTR well and a few times per year I now find myself speaking to large audiences or doing a web/TV interview, or meeting VIPs (VIP for my industry at least), and I'd like have one or two solidly good suits in a traditional style. The trend toward 'modern' fits even from places like Brooks just does not flatter me at all -- I'm a stocky and somewhat squat guy in my 50s (huge neck, big chest, big thighs, short legs).

2. Shirts took two or three rounds to really dial in, but of course I was measuring myself. What's a typical first suit experience? Should I expect it I'll need to send to Divij and back a time or two for alterations? (I guess based on descriptions and or photos of the fit? I.e., there won't be a chance for a second in-person round anytime soon)

3. From experience, anything I should think to ask or to request that might not be obvious? I did see the note suggesting I bring in a good fitting suit and dress shirt, and I will plan to do that. I'll be in a shirt from my latest Divij order and will see if they have any suggestions in tweaking the shirt fit for future orders (to my eye it's not bad, but "my eye" is pretty amateur)

Thanks!

I haven't done a suit, but I've been on the verge and COVID is probably what prevented me from doing it already. Divij has some fit jackets he brings as samples to see if there's something close. He can either do full bespoke with 3 fittings or more of a MTM with a measuring and fit jacket and then a finished suit. Wear your best fitting jacket so he can see what you like in terms of fit.

nevaeh

Reaction score

Couple of questions.

Thanks!

I recently went through with a suit order, so can share some experiential information. I haven’t received mine yet—but went through the in-person measurement and ordering process.

1. My sense is that prices are similar with online and in-person purchases. However, Divij does offer a line with more handwork and one with less. (Not sure what he calls these.) The more handwork might account for a price difference people sometimes mention, as the online price might be the less handwork option.

2. I’ve heard from others that sometimes Divij will send the suits back to Hong Kong for alterations. I’m fully expecting this.

3. In addition to your best fitting garment, take some photos of the type of fit you’d like. Also have some idea ahead time about things like fabric and color; side tabs or belt loops; how you want your inside and outside pockets structured; type of shoulder; pleats and cuffs or not. But rest assured if you don’t know the answer to all these. Since you’re going in-person, Divij has been fantastic with me about discussing different options, their pros/cons, and what works best for me. I’m sure he’ll guide you through the process.

Best of luck!

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Couple of questions.

Thanks!

1. I would imagine you would have a number of options at $1000-1300, I got a 2-piece suit in 2019 with a top tier fabric and it was about $1800. I opted for a classic, timeless suit and I think they did a good job. I also opted for the 'handmade bespoke' option and not the semi-machine made MTM. I think that people may observe a difference in pricing because they travel with and have access to far more books than they share online (i.e. Drapers, Smith Woollens, Fox, etc.)

2. I'm a tough fit and I chose to do the basted fitting option (so it took an extra visit to get my suit). I placed the initial order in March and had a follow up visit in early Sept and my suit in hand by end of October. I'd rather wait a little and get something that fits great right out of the box than ship it back and forth to tweak, but thats me. They take a lot of measurements (I think they do 1 round, and then start from the beginning again to confirm the initial measurements). I'd be pretty confident they can deliver something that on the first go around, at least something that can be fixed by simple alterations.

3. Definitely bring your best fitting jacket and wear a dress shirt and dress shoes. IIRC Divij is a little open to giving styling advice, I'd ask them what sort of stylistic choices would suit your build (shoulder structure, lapel width, etc.)

I'm seeing them again this weekend for a new suit, so this'll be my third commission with them!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. I would imagine you would have a number of options at $1000-1300, I got a 2-piece suit in 2019 with a top tier fabric and it was about $1800. I opted for a classic, timeless suit and I think they did a good job. I also opted for the 'handmade bespoke' option and not the semi-machine made MTM. I think that people may observe a difference in pricing because they travel with and have access to far more books than they share online (i.e. Drapers, Smith Woollens, Fox, etc.)

2. I'm a tough fit and I chose to do the basted fitting option (so it took an extra visit to get my suit). I placed the initial order in March and had a follow up visit in early Sept and my suit in hand by end of October. I'd rather wait a little and get something that fits great right out of the box than ship it back and forth to tweak, but thats me. They take a lot of measurements (I think they do 1 round, and then start from the beginning again to confirm the initial measurements). I'd be pretty confident they can deliver something that on the first go around, at least something that can be fixed by simple alterations.

3. Definitely bring your best fitting jacket and wear a dress shirt and dress shoes. IIRC Divij is a little open to giving styling advice, I'd ask them what sort of stylistic choices would suit your build (shoulder structure, lapel width, etc.)

I'm seeing them again this weekend for a new suit, so this'll be my third commission with them!
What's on the shopping list?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ive lost so much weight from not going to the gym but continuing to run that no amount of alterations can get my suits to fit properly. So.... I guess I get to reorder things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads