• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are good just make the switch
I had the same tailor for years, I ended up burying him, and all of his guys went to the place I've been using for the last 5 years or so.
Maybe I'll go get a shirt made...

Last edited:

Phreaka

Reaction score
I am new to MyTailor/Hemrajani. Took my first measurements a few days a go but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger yet (no visits, all online). Since MyTailor did not respond to my questions via email yet, I will post them here. Perhaps someone can help:
  1. Is there any limit to the customization possible for suits (Lapel width, lower quarter style, drape, etc.)
  2. For my first suit (or, actually, the test suit), would you recommend adding specific pictures of suit styles you like or have them do the house style?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am new to MyTailor/Hemrajani. Took my first measurements a few days a go but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger yet (no visits, all online). Since MyTailor did not respond to my questions via email yet, I will post them here. Perhaps someone can help:
  1. Is there any limit to the customization possible for suits (Lapel width, lower quarter style, drape, etc.)
  2. For my first suit (or, actually, the test suit), would you recommend adding specific pictures of suit styles you like or have them do the house style?
Did you email info at divij dot com?

They can do anything you would like. Photos are always helpful.

But I'll say it again.... for your first suit resist the urge to go crazy. We always have it (i want a pink tweed double breasted suit!) and what inevitably happens is you get it and wear it once and get sick of it. Seriously if you have a more boring suit you'll end up wearing it more. You will never regret doing less. But doing more.... (i get 3p suits and I don't have to wear the vest i like the aesthetic and I like everything about the vest and sometimes I still get tired of vests but never the pants and jacket)

Phreaka

Reaction score
Did you email info at divij dot com?

They can do anything you would like. Photos are always helpful.

But I'll say it again.... for your first suit resist the urge to go crazy. We always have it (i want a pink tweed double breasted suit!) and what inevitably happens is you get it and wear it once and get sick of it. Seriously if you have a more boring suit you'll end up wearing it more. You will never regret doing less. But doing more.... (i get 3p suits and I don't have to wear the vest i like the aesthetic and I like everything about the vest and sometimes I still get tired of vests but never the pants and jacket)
Thanks so much for you response! I understand. I wasn't going for a crazy suit, but was wondering if I should let them make a test suit in the house style, or shou

LThomsen

Reaction score
I am considering trying shirts from the Hampton collection. How do they wear?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks so much for you response! I understand. I wasn't going for a crazy suit, but was wondering if I should let them make a test suit in the house style, or shou
Got it. There's nothing wrong with the tried-and-true method: tell 'em what you're looking for and see if they think it would work. They make thousands of suits a year, they've got this down pat and will work with you as needed.

ETA: I think you're taking the right approach. These guys are happy to make you happy. Also, tell Dvij Ed in Atlanta referred you!

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never thrown Joe or Divij a pitch that they haven't hit right out of the park.

IMG_5088.jpeg

IMG_5080.jpeg

IMG_5094.jpeg

11oz Holland & Sherry hopsack dupioni bespoke safari jacket. Roger Moore, eat your heart out. The trousers I'm wearing are also by Hemrajani, in W.Bill linen.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
I am considering trying shirts from the Hampton collection. How do they wear?
I’ve got a couple now and like them. I use them for formal meeting and find they hold up well and run cooler for me which is what I was aiming for. Only downside is I don’t ever do starch etc and they tend to wrinkle a bit more than others. That’s been my biggest draw back to them.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if they are posting travel dates for the upcoming year, or just laying low until COVID blows over?

also, any word on the MyTailor-to-Divij.com transition mentioned in the Kirby Allison video?

Last edited:

Jazzthief

Reaction score
I am also interested about the transition to the new site. I want to order a custom shirt, but at checkout I get the message that they currently are not processing orders. When might the transition be finished?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads