• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Divij can likely make you the cuffs in any size you want based on your "cuff around" measurement. I had them trace a collar I liked and now I get all my shirts with this collar.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been reading this thread and it seems a lot have many good things to say about mytailor. I am looking for their dress shirts with french cuff. The only issue I seem to run into is that many of the french cuffs I get from MTM stores is that the french cuff is huge. I have pretty broad shoulders with small wrists, so I can see how that is an issue.

Typically, I wear 35" sleeve length, 16.5" neck, and my wrist is about 7.5"

Do you know that if I bespoke it will fix this issue for I will be able to choose the cuff size? Also, do you know if mytailor offers such service or they are purely MTM for shirts?
MTM shirts in general you should be able to select your cuff width and is one of the measurements you are asked to input with mytailor

kevinwang1219

Reaction score
MTM shirts in general you should be able to select your cuff width and is one of the measurements you are asked to input with mytailor

Yeah it seems that they do measure, but there is excess fabric after the cufflink. I am not sure if that makes sense... hahaha

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been reading this thread and it seems a lot have many good things to say about mytailor. I am looking for their dress shirts with french cuff. The only issue I seem to run into is that many of the french cuffs I get from MTM stores is that the french cuff is huge. I have pretty broad shoulders with small wrists, so I can see how that is an issue.

Do you know that if I bespoke it will fix this issue for I will be able to choose the cuff size? Also, do you know if mytailor offers such service or they are purely MTM for shirts?

They account for wrist size with their MTM. I have different cuff sizes on my shirts because I wear a watch.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hemrajani can and will make you any kind of shirt you want to whatever specifications you desire. They will also alter their shirts for you should you need alterations at any point. So, yes, you can have french cuff shirts made to fit your wrists however closely you'd like. It is my preference to be able to insert my hand through the cuff of my shirt when my cufflinks are installed. I don't know what the measurement is, but that's my rule of thumb for french cuff shirts.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hemrajani can and will make you any kind of shirt you want to whatever specifications you desire. They will also alter their shirts for you should you need alterations at any point. So, yes, you can have french cuff shirts made to fit your wrists however closely you'd like. It is my preference to be able to insert my hand through the cuff of my shirt when my cufflinks are installed. I don't know what the measurement is, but that's my rule of thumb for french cuff shirts.
Also FWIW @kevinwang1219 when you get your first mtm/custom shirt/suit whatever you're going to want to go all flashy or extreme or something. Do not do that. Listen to whoever sees you from Hemrajani and folks like @Andy57 who have their fit down pat.

You'll never regret going with less. But you will regret going with more.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Also FWIW @kevinwang1219 when you get your first mtm/custom shirt/suit whatever you're going to want to go all flashy or extreme or something. Do not do that. Listen to whoever sees you from Hemrajani and folks like @Andy57 who have their fit down pat.

You'll never regret going with less. But you will regret going with more.
Good advice. Personally for a suit I like going with a nice navy or charcoal and shirts doing the staples.

For me, I also try to have clothing for the seasons and work to get the basics done for both and then venture out. I have suits for more fall/winter and spring/summer and find its great as it allows me to rotate my wardrobe but also keeps me comfortable year round.

kevinwang1219

Reaction score
Hmm.. is there store closed? It seems i can't order online and when I call no one answers. Anyone know?

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. is there store closed? It seems i can't order online and when I call no one answers. Anyone know?

I believe the business is transitioning over to Divij...I noticed that the last few emails were from [email protected] as well. Looks like the new site isn’t up and running yet, but last I herd they were planning on resuming traveling again in the fall.

kevinwang1219

Reaction score
I believe the business is transitioning over to Divij...I noticed that the last few emails were from [email protected] as well. Looks like the new site isn’t up and running yet, but last I herd they were planning on resuming traveling again in the fall.

Hmm... I don't live to far from their location here in California and I wanted to go in and get measured. Do you know if they have a minimum to shirt order to be measured in person?

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I don't live to far from their location here in California and I wanted to go in and get measured. Do you know if they have a minimum to shirt order to be measured in person?

I would imagine they would probably keep the California location. There has never been an order minimum for any of the traveling trunk shows, so i doubt there would be one for their physical location. They've always been very flexible and customer service orientated, I'd shoot them an email and see what info they have

Last edited:

tangleman

Reaction score
Kirby Allison posted an interview with Joe and Divj about the transition.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh...
Just realized they are 3 minutes from my house.
I use a different place, but I'll have to check it out.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Huh...
Just realized they are 3 minutes from my house.
I use a different place, but I'll have to check it out.
They are good just make the switch

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads