• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
To celebrate my first day of working from home my friendly FedEx guy delivered a package. In it were two new unlined summer suits. Both are made from the Loro Piana “Lightest” 150’s wool/silk seersucker fabric. Made as suits, but I’ll likely wear them most as separates.

Now I just need summer weather and an unquarantined event to wear them to.

View attachment 1356722 View attachment 1356723
Really cool and nice. How does that fabric compare to regular cotton seersucker fabric? Is it heavier at all or what are the benefits to being wool/silk vs cotton?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really cool and nice. How does that fabric compare to regular cotton seersucker fabric? Is it heavier at all or what are the benefits to being wool/silk vs cotton?

it seems lighter to me. No definitive evidence of that. Also seems to not hold wrinkles as much as cotton. But I’m no expert. I told Joe/Divij I wanted a seersucker suit and this is what they pointed me to.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
it seems lighter to me. No definitive evidence of that. Also seems to not hold wrinkles as much as cotton. But I’m no expert. I told Joe/Divij I wanted a seersucker suit and this is what they pointed me to.
Thanks for the info. Will be interesting to hear your impressions once you’re worn them a bit. I was interested in a seersucker as a future suit so will put this cloth on my radar.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm probably about to dox myself to the MyTailor folks but oh well--looking for the collective advice of StyleForum.net (Even you, @beargonefishing )

Basically, I'm looking for a seafoam-green shirt. None of these are quite right but oh well. I want it to be a casual, summer-y shirt. I'm thinking a button down with a back-neck button. Can't decide on pocket but I am leaning toward a flapped, chest pocket like the one in the madras shirt at the bottom.

Can y'all dudes help me decide which fabric I want? If it makes a difference I look like good, Polish stock (blonde hair, blue eyes fair skin all that ****.)

Unfortunately the fabrics I *really* liked were Thomas Mason and a bit more than I wanted to spend.

First one is cotton, the second a linen.

h-032108_1_1_thumb.jpg

h-035619_1_2f.jpg

JHS0303SD_PNK_800x.jpg

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I prefer the pure linen fabric. As much as I appreciate linen/cotton blends the texture and contrast of the pure linen speaks to and feels a bit less “in your face” greenish.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Will be interesting to hear your impressions once you’re worn them a bit. I was interested in a seersucker as a future suit so will put this cloth on my radar.
I have a suit made up from the Loro Piana wool & silk seersucker. It is very lightweight, ideal for a summer suit. When I had mine made I think the only colors available were classic blue and white stripe and tone-on-tone navy, which is what I used. It's an excellent travel suit as the cloth resists and sheds wrinkles very well. I believe there are more colors now available. If you are looking for a good seersucker and, like me, don't care for cotton suits, then I do recommend this LP cloth.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm probably about to dox myself to the MyTailor folks but oh well--looking for the collective advice of StyleForum.net (Even you, @beargonefishing )

Basically, I'm looking for a seafoam-green shirt. None of these are quite right but oh well. I want it to be a casual, summer-y shirt. I'm thinking a button down with a back-neck button. Can't decide on pocket but I am leaning toward a flapped, chest pocket like the one in the madras shirt at the bottom.

Can y'all dudes help me decide which fabric I want? If it makes a difference I look like good, Polish stock (blonde hair, blue eyes fair skin all that ****.)

Unfortunately the fabrics I *really* liked were Thomas Mason and a bit more than I wanted to spend.

h-032108_1_1_thumb.jpg

h-035619_1_2f.jpg

JHS0303SD_PNK_800x.jpg

Get the Thomas Mason. If you get something else, that itch might not be scratched and you may end up buying another shirt in the future. Or worse, you just wont wear it. In either case, settling almost never works in this kind of scenario...

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a suit made up from the Loro Piana wool & silk seersucker. It is very lightweight, ideal for a summer suit. When I had mine made I think the only colors available were classic blue and white stripe and tone-on-tone navy, which is what I used. It's an excellent travel suit as the cloth resists and sheds wrinkles very well. I believe there are more colors now available. If you are looking for a good seersucker and, like me, don't care for cotton suits, then I do recommend this LP cloth.

I would second this. I had Joe make me up two new suits in this fabric. One in the classic blue/white and one in the royal blue/black (plays as solid blue). Awesome! I’m just now starting to be able to wear them.

I think I posted hanger pics of them in this thread a few pages back.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I prefer the pure linen fabric. As much as I appreciate linen/cotton blends the texture and contrast of the pure linen speaks to and feels a bit less “in your face” greenish.
I think I prefer the linen's color. I don't know why I'm so hung up on getting linen. Like, I want this for our excruciating summers. I guess I'm hesitant about wearing under a jacket, theoretically?

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

h-032108_1_1_thumb.jpg

h-035619_1_2f.jpg

JHS0303SD_PNK_800x.jpg

****, that last one needs a seizure warning. I think the light green looks good.

Tbh I've never worn a linen shirt and thought it was cool or cooling. I don't know why that is, and I wish it was cooling for me. My temp seems to be almost identical in linen or light cotton. Even linen pants don't seem much cooler than light wool.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear SS linen shirts all the time during the summer. It's for a dressy casual look for work when I don't want to wear a polo shirt.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
I think I prefer the linen's color. I don't know why I'm so hung up on getting linen. Like, I want this for our excruciating summers. I guess I'm hesitant about wearing under a jacket, theoretically?
Personally I like the texture and look of linen under a jacket. I recently went to a wedding in Malaysia and wore a white linen shirt with my fresco suit and it worked well (was outside). While I was still warm it at least would breath well and the look was great IMO.

that green linen is nice and if it’s the house cloth hold up well from my experience.

kevinwang1219

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been reading this thread and it seems a lot have many good things to say about mytailor. I am looking for their dress shirts with french cuff. The only issue I seem to run into is that many of the french cuffs I get from MTM stores is that the french cuff is huge. I have pretty broad shoulders with small wrists, so I can see how that is an issue.

Typically, I wear 35" sleeve length, 16.5" neck, and my wrist is about 7.5"

Do you know that if I bespoke it will fix this issue for I will be able to choose the cuff size? Also, do you know if mytailor offers such service or they are purely MTM for shirts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads