• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor.com

Mr Sola

Reaction score
So mytailor.com is going to be in town next week, and I was thinking about being fitted for a couple of pairs of dress slacks. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following issues:

1. Has anyone ordered slacks from them before? If so, I would love to hear your thoughts on whether you would recommend ordering from them.
2. What style should I go for? Here is their listing: http://www.mytailor.com/browse/style/slackstyle.asp I was thinking about either s-2 or s-6(without the cuffs).
3. What color/material would you all recommed? Currently, I don't own any dress slacks. I was thinking about a light weight wool. Maybe one in black and one in a light grey. What do you all think?

I could really use the advice...

Thanks

coachvu

Reaction score
What color shoes do you have? That should help narrow your options.

Mr Sola

Reaction score
I have a pair of brown CT chelseas on order. I'm looking for a good pair of black dress shoes.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go with a light grey and maybe a charcoal

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Any opinions on which cut to go with?

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you going to be wearing them with?

coachvu

Reaction score
With those shoes, you should get one pair that is black or dark gray (for the black shoes) and another pair that is navy, light gray, or some variation of brown or olive (for the brown shoes). I'd stay away from "odd" trousers, since these will be the only dress pants you own.

alflauren

Reaction score
Any opinions on the quality of the trousers from this source? In line with Chan, roughly? He'll be nearby next weekend, and I may try a pair just for the heck of it.

Mr Sola

Reaction score
I was hoping to find out the same thing. Guess I'll have to wait till they come in to let you know.

raley

Reaction score
Anyone have first hand experience with mytailor.com stuff? Pics perhaps?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's lots of threads on Hemrajani / mytailor.com in the archives. Do a search.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raley
Anyone have first hand experience with mytailor.com stuff? Pics perhaps?
Andy has a suit made by him that looks pretty damn good

VACPA

Reaction score
I'm also curious how Hemrajani trousers compare in quality & fit to Chan.

Mr Sola

Reaction score
So I've been reading some of the old posts, and I guess the consenus (sp?) is that Hemrajani isn't as good as Chan. Has anyone had a good experience?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads