• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor.com

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do a search. mytailor.com = Hemrajani. No Chan affiliation.

montmorency

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raley
Anyone have first hand experience with mytailor.com stuff? Pics perhaps?

There was a post about a year and a half ago by, if I remember right, someone called Jester with pictures of a suit made for him by Hemrajani. The suit looked very nice. Manton had commented favorably on the fit and cut, which is high praise indeed.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montmorency
There was a post about a year and a half ago by, if I remember right, someone called Jester with pictures of a suit made for him by Hemrajani. The suit looked very nice. Manton had commented favorably on the fit and cut, which is high praise indeed.

Here's the link to that post:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...t=mytailor.com

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
no. mytailor are the hemrajani(?) brothers.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a pair of trousers from mytailor.com. i brought in a pair that i liked to have them duplicate. they are well made and fit well, too.

Jimmy Legg

Reaction score
It all started great, they made special appointment to meet me at their location for measurements over the weekend...

Then after waiting for weeks, I check in with them and they tell me the factory was closed for several weeks for the holidays...this is where the service went into the most rediculous misleading direction I have ever experienced.

I begged them to pay for fedex for delivery's, and for two weeks they kept telling me 24 - 48 hours...after two weeks of those lies, I finally get a receipt saying the sent it UPS...UPS!!!???? The worst service in the world, I called to let them know how frustrated I was that they didnt listen to me and they chose a ground shipment. For those that dont know, UPS is the worst and ground, if its possible, is quite a terror! I get a notice that the package is on the truck, so I call UPS to try to narrow down shipment, they have no communication with the driver...now i sit for another another four hours late at work because they say will be delivered before the end of the day. After 12 and a half hours of waiting they change the status to be delivered the following week.

This company is the worst! DONT TRUST THEM

chyrspchuck

Reaction score
I don't know about the guy above, but I had favorable results when using Mytailor.com. Andre Lani was the tailor/salesman. Seemed like a very good guy, fit me for a couple of shirts, didn't get trousers, I do hope to have a suit made by them eventually.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They make all of my shirts and I have had several jackets and many pair of trousers made by them. Great service, excellent fits and very nice pricing. I am sure there are one off bad experiences with any person / business that provides a product or a service. We never know the other side . . . .

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jimmy Legg
It all started great, they made special appointment to meet me at their location for measurements over the weekend...

Then after waiting for weeks, I check in with them and they tell me the factory was closed for several weeks for the holidays...this is where the service went into the most rediculous misleading direction I have ever experienced.

I begged them to pay for fedex for delivery's, and for two weeks they kept telling me 24 - 48 hours...after two weeks of those lies, I finally get a receipt saying the sent it UPS...UPS!!!???? The worst service in the world, I called to let them know how frustrated I was that they didnt listen to me and they chose a ground shipment. For those that dont know, UPS is the worst and ground, if its possible, is quite a terror! I get a notice that the package is on the truck, so I call UPS to try to narrow down shipment, they have no communication with the driver...now i sit for another another four hours late at work because they say will be delivered before the end of the day. After 12 and a half hours of waiting they change the status to be delivered the following week.

Son,

Your issue is with UPS, not mytailor.com. Get back on your meds.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with the majority not the rant. I have bought shirts several times from MyTailor using M Kenny as my tailor. The shirts are always delivered right at the estimated time. Once they came early. I think there are many issues with shipping internationally, but I haven't had troubles with MyTailor.

My exaperience is to trust MyTailor. I wouldn't give them a blank check, but I'm fully comfortable buying the tailored clothes they offer and paying for them in advance. They deliver quality and are reliable.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Sola
So mytailor.com is going to be in town next week, and I was thinking about being fitted for a couple of pairs of dress slacks.
If you go ahead with this, please post the results. I'm pretty happy with the shirts I've ordered from MyTailor.com, but I've never ordered slacks from them and am considering it. Let us know how it goes.

What style should I go for? Here is their listing: http://www.mytailor.com/browse/style/slackstyle.asp I was thinking about either s-2 or s-6(without the cuffs).
Link's not working for me. Can you repost it?

What color/material would you all recommed? ... I was thinking about a light weight wool. Maybe one in black and one in a light grey.
Black isn't very versatile. If you're going to get two pairs, better to do charcoal and navy, or charcoal and light gray.

Any opinions on which cut to go with?
This will depend some on your build.

Originally Posted by Jimmy Legg
Dude! You got all the way to "This company is the worst" based on one bad experience with shipping? What are you like on a first date?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
If you go ahead with this, please post the results. I'm pretty happy with the shirts I've ordered from MyTailor.com, but I've never ordered slacks from them and am considering it. Let us know how it goes.

Link's not working for me. Can you repost it?

Black isn't very versatile. If you're going to get two pairs, better to do charcoal and navy, or charcoal and light gray.

This will depend some on your build.

Dude! You got all the way to "This company is the worst" based on one bad experience with shipping? What are you like on a first date?

TB - you know the OP is from five years ago, right?

As for pants - they do a good job.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
TB - you know the OP is from five years ago, right?
D'oh! I hadn't noticed that this was a resurrection thread. Hate it when that happens.

Originally Posted by alliswell
As for pants - they do a good job.
Thanks, alliswell. I'll probably give it a shot next time M. Kenny's in town.

JDMills

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the MyTailor website? Been dying to order some shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads