1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

MyTailor.com

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr Sola, May 6, 2006.

1. Jimmy Legg

Jimmy Legg New Member

It all started great, they made special appointment to meet me at their location for measurements over the weekend...

Then after waiting for weeks, I check in with them and they tell me the factory was closed for several weeks for the holidays...this is where the service went into the most rediculous misleading direction I have ever experienced.

I begged them to pay for fedex for delivery's, and for two weeks they kept telling me 24 - 48 hours...after two weeks of those lies, I finally get a receipt saying the sent it UPS...UPS!!!???? The worst service in the world, I called to let them know how frustrated I was that they didnt listen to me and they chose a ground shipment. For those that dont know, UPS is the worst and ground, if its possible, is quite a terror! I get a notice that the package is on the truck, so I call UPS to try to narrow down shipment, they have no communication with the driver...now i sit for another another four hours late at work because they say will be delivered before the end of the day. After 12 and a half hours of waiting they change the status to be delivered the following week.

This company is the worst! DONT TRUST THEM

2. chyrspchuck

chyrspchuck Active Member

I don't know about the guy above, but I had favorable results when using Mytailor.com. Andre Lani was the tailor/salesman. Seemed like a very good guy, fit me for a couple of shirts, didn't get trousers, I do hope to have a suit made by them eventually.

3. Burton

Burton Senior member

They make all of my shirts and I have had several jackets and many pair of trousers made by them. Great service, excellent fits and very nice pricing. I am sure there are one off bad experiences with any person / business that provides a product or a service. We never know the other side . . . .

4. LanceW

LanceW Senior member

Joe has taken very good care of me. I use MyTailor for shirts as well as suits.

5. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

It all started great, they made special appointment to meet me at their location for measurements over the weekend...

Then after waiting for weeks, I check in with them and they tell me the factory was closed for several weeks for the holidays...this is where the service went into the most rediculous misleading direction I have ever experienced.

I begged them to pay for fedex for delivery's, and for two weeks they kept telling me 24 - 48 hours...after two weeks of those lies, I finally get a receipt saying the sent it UPS...UPS!!!???? The worst service in the world, I called to let them know how frustrated I was that they didnt listen to me and they chose a ground shipment. For those that dont know, UPS is the worst and ground, if its possible, is quite a terror! I get a notice that the package is on the truck, so I call UPS to try to narrow down shipment, they have no communication with the driver...now i sit for another another four hours late at work because they say will be delivered before the end of the day. After 12 and a half hours of waiting they change the status to be delivered the following week.

Son,

Your issue is with UPS, not mytailor.com. Get back on your meds.

6. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Agree with the majority not the rant. I have bought shirts several times from MyTailor using M Kenny as my tailor. The shirts are always delivered right at the estimated time. Once they came early. I think there are many issues with shipping internationally, but I haven't had troubles with MyTailor.

My exaperience is to trust MyTailor. I wouldn't give them a blank check, but I'm fully comfortable buying the tailored clothes they offer and paying for them in advance. They deliver quality and are reliable.

7. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    So mytailor.com is going to be in town next week, and I was thinking about being fitted for a couple of pairs of dress slacks.
    If you go ahead with this, please post the results. I'm pretty happy with the shirts I've ordered from MyTailor.com, but I've never ordered slacks from them and am considering it. Let us know how it goes.

What style should I go for? Here is their listing: http://www.mytailor.com/browse/style/slackstyle.asp I was thinking about either s-2 or s-6(without the cuffs).
    Link's not working for me. Can you repost it?

What color/material would you all recommed? ... I was thinking about a light weight wool. Maybe one in black and one in a light grey.
    Black isn't very versatile. If you're going to get two pairs, better to do charcoal and navy, or charcoal and light gray.

Any opinions on which cut to go with?
    This will depend some on your build.

Dude! You got all the way to "This company is the worst" based on one bad experience with shipping? What are you like on a first date?

8. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

If you go ahead with this, please post the results. I'm pretty happy with the shirts I've ordered from MyTailor.com, but I've never ordered slacks from them and am considering it. Let us know how it goes.

Link's not working for me. Can you repost it?

Black isn't very versatile. If you're going to get two pairs, better to do charcoal and navy, or charcoal and light gray.

This will depend some on your build.

Dude! You got all the way to "This company is the worst" based on one bad experience with shipping? What are you like on a first date?

TB - you know the OP is from five years ago, right?

As for pants - they do a good job.

9. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    TB - you know the OP is from five years ago, right?
    D'oh! I hadn't noticed that this was a resurrection thread. Hate it when that happens.

As for pants - they do a good job.
    Thanks, alliswell. I'll probably give it a shot next time M. Kenny's in town.

10. JDMills

JDMills Senior member

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the MyTailor website? Been dying to order some shirts.

11. LanceW

LanceW Senior member

It is coming up just fine for me.