• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mystery suit advice/opinions please

Huddersfield

Reaction score
I recently picked up this suit in a charity shop (thrift store) in England and it has me stumped - nice lightweight cloth and modern cut but the 'unusual' colouring of the Loro Piana woven tag has me thinking all is not legit...

The only reference I can find to Brendoff is a FaceBook page for a reasonably high-end looking store in Belgrade, Serbia - the suit still has pockets and vents stitched so is presumably brand new but had no tags etc

Any opinions please? I'm not expecting to have found an absolute bargain, just rather baffled - thanks in advance
Brendoff1.jpg
Brendoff2.jpg
Brendoff3.jpg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would seem odd for someone to fake a Serbian menswear’s store so I very much doubt that it’s fake. If there are any internal tags it might help identify the maker. Can you tell anything about the quality of construction? Is it fully canvassed? Otherwise if it fits you, wear it in good health.

Huddersfield

Reaction score
It would seem odd for someone to fake a Serbian menswear’s store so I very much doubt that it’s fake. If there are any internal tags it might help identify the maker. Can you tell anything about the quality of construction? Is it fully canvassed? Otherwise if it fits you, wear it in good health.
Thanks Breakaway, there is a data tag but it gives no firm information - I’m not sure about main construction but the matching of lining and general stitching is pretty good quality. Sadly it is 4 inches too small for me, I just couldn’t leave it in the shop for £16!

Casaubon

Reaction score
Coming from Belgrade myself, I can only tell you that there's a lot of high-end stores (for our standards at least) that offer obscure Italian (or "Italian" brands) that use fabrics from well-known or otherwise respectable mills. There are also some outlet-only brands that honestly baffle me. But this store is not far from where I work, so I can check it out for you if you'd like?

Huddersfield

Reaction score
Coming from Belgrade myself, I can only tell you that there's a lot of high-end stores (for our standards at least) that offer obscure Italian (or "Italian" brands) that use fabrics from well-known or otherwise respectable mills. There are also some outlet-only brands that honestly baffle me. But this store is not far from where I work, so I can check it out for you if you'd like?
My apologies that I missed your post, that is a very kind offer but probably won't tell me much about this particular suit - they have a FaceBook page but no website which I can find. Thanks again for your offer.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40