Mystery Budapest Shoemaker

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Michael Ay329, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

Omega Man...wrong!@

2. Michael Ay329

For those who love classic balmoral oxford boots with a bit of formal flair to them [​IMG] Budapester Blucher: Wing tip on a Budapester style raised toe box last. I like it in dark brown and the Goyser stitching ends before the heel. [​IMG] Crescent shaped blucher. I think I'll mate the crescent shaped apron with a heavily brogued monk strap...or an Alt Wein semi-brogued apron. Again, notice how the subtle Goyser stitching ends at the heel...and in IMHO, it doesn't look as clunk & heavy as a wrap around Goyser would look [​IMG] A hybrid Blucher in a suede/calf mix [​IMG] A gorgeous wing tip balmoral oxford with brogueing & gimping along the balmoral line (the way it should be) [​IMG]

3. srivats

srivats Senior member

^ Some of them are nice, some are a total miss. The budapest wingtip looks quite authetic. The balmoral boots will look great in the leather that is used on the last wingtip.

Have you ordered any shoes yet, Michael?

4. Michael Ay329

Here is an Oxford balmoral with distinct brogueing & gimping along the balmoral line (similar to a longwing design by comparison). Its really a matter of personal choice if one desires the faint stitching along the throat lacing Yes, its made with a pegged sole [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Notice the wooden pegs on the pegged sole (starting from the waist to the front of the sole) [​IMG]

5. Michael Ay329

I have not ordered yet...keep in mind I first posted about this project back in November

Am told they have acquired some "bespoke" quality leather skins. I have no explanation yet on what makes them bespoke quality

Hopefully by April, I can place my order...and am awaiting further sizing information, pricing and more pics from Gabor on this one.

I have 3 monk strap designs in my head...which I would love to see fruition through this project.

6. srivats

srivats Senior member

^ Good luck - quality seems very nice, on par with Vass. Keep us posted !

7. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

wow this look like (fake) a homage to G&G[​IMG]

8. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Am told they have acquired some "bespoke" quality leather skins. I have no explanation yet on what makes them bespoke quality

the balmoral is very nice.

fwiw, the lasts are made for the i-gent crowd, which will not order...

the leather is of very high quality and the craftmanship is exceptional. the budapester could be more distinct. there are nicer lasts out there. this is an i-gent budapester. sad, sad...

a great project. unfortunately the styles have to be hybrid to match the target group. another move away from the heritage.

thank you for information.

9. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

the balmoral is very nice.

fwiw, the lasts are made for the i-gent crowd, which will not order...

the leather is of very high quality and the craftmanship is exceptional. the budapester could be more distinct. there are nicer lasts out there. this is an i-gent budapester. sad, sad...

a great project. unfortunately the styles have to be hybrid to match the target group. another move away from the heritage.

thank you for information.

i feel your pain!!

personall these shoe look aweful and the hybrid of the G&G and Vass esq designs and lasts is like eating an orange right after brushing your teeth

10. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

...is like eating an orange right after brushing your teeth

omg [​IMG]

thanks mate

11. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Senior member

Black balmoral looks the best prolly because of better pictures. The rest of the shoes look a bit homemade and leather looks thin and wrinkly as if stretched too much.

12. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Something looks "off" with nearly all of these shoes. Can't say I'll be lining up to purchase when the MBS is revealed...

13. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Something looks "off" with nearly all of these shoes. Can't say I'll be lining up to purchase when the MBS is revealed...

The Monk looks fab as do some of the others.

14. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The Monk looks fab as do some of the others.

I was actually referring to the shoes recently posted on this page. That said, that monk is a straightforward copy of a U last Vass monk with different hardware. Even that shoe tree looks exactly like the ones Vass has made. However, the leather looks cheapo

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Budapester Blucher: Wing tip on a Budapester style raised toe box last. I like it in dark brown and the Goyser stitching ends before the heel.
    [​IMG]

Crescent shaped blucher. I think I'll mate the crescent shaped apron with a heavily brogued monk strap...or an Alt Wein semi-brogued apron.
    Again, notice how the subtle Goyser stitching ends at the heel...and in IMHO, it doesn't look as clunk & heavy as a wrap around Goyser would look
    [​IMG]

Those are niiiice