• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Myoplex or metrx?

Dalton

Reaction score
I recently started a new weight training program. I've been off for months and just started back up vigorously almost a month ago. I'm an avid user of supplements and getting ready to start the meal replacement drinks. I've got it down to Myoplex and Metrx. I've used Metrx protein shakes in the past and found decent results but my workouts were not as good as they are now. I've heard Jason Sehorn claim that Metrx products are the best and he's cut like a diamond. Anyone have any suggestions based on experience or second-hand knowledge? Thanks.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive tried Metrx and Myoplex, but the problem i had with them is they taste so bad. Currently i use Twinlab Mass Fuel, if you mix it with 3 cups of non-fat milk it has 83g of protein; alot more than Metrx. The taste is also by far the best i've tried.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
Sadly, I have much experience in the supplement category. Â MetRx was the first engineered food replacement product. Â However, except for their "Mass" series, it has not been updated and, of course, the flavor is not that great. Â As far as Jason Seahorn using it, he, along with others, are being paid for their endorsements. Myoplex is EAS' version. Â EAS is a great reputable supplement company. Â Funny thing is, Bill Phillips, the CEO, used to work for and endorse MetRx. Â Their flavor is much better. I prefer to use ISOPro and/or Labrada Lean Body as far as my food supplement. Â The protein is much better quality (and more), the flavor is better, and you get better "extras." There is, however, a box of MyoPlex in my pantry right now. I would recommend using this in conjunction with a pure protein powder (such as whey). Â Drink one engineered food supplement a day and one protein shake a day (you can also use the bars, I'm chewing on a Solid Protein bar as I type this). Â Great results. Â
biggrin.gif

BuddahLax

Reaction score
I've found a good site for supps. www.nutritionsource.com Also I've found a great tool for planning out your diet, Go to www.champion-nutrition.com and download the meal builder. This a great way to tune your diet to get the results you want.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads