• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mykita dealers in LA or SF who take VSP?

Pantalones

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a mykita dealer in la or san francisco who classifies as a vsp in-network provider?

Thanks!

grit

Reaction score
Spectacles for Humans is awesome but doesn't take insurance. I think City Optix carries Mykita? They do VSP. Also ProSpectacles down in Palo Alto/Stanford Shopping Center used to have a pretty good selection and did VSP, although last time I went in it was more ic Berlin stuff.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, last i talked to the owner there about insurance i swore he said they take it.
i've never had vision insurance so i don't pay much attention to it.

Pantalones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Sorry, last i talked to the owner there about insurance i swore he said they take it.
i've never had vision insurance so i don't pay much attention to it.

They don't take VSP, but they will file a claim on your behalf as an out-of-network provider. This is different than being an in-network provider. If you shop at an in-network VSP provider, VSP kicks in like $180 + 20% over every $ over that $180. If you shop out of network, VSP kicks in something like $35 and 10% over. So when you are dealing with $600 frames, that's a huge difference. And it's why I need to buy mine at a VSP in-network provider

Any more recommendations? Thanks so much for the quick replies!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.