• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My watch!

skeen

Reaction score
Howdy,

Just wanted to post pics of my watch. Hopefully it should go nicely with my suit!

dsc0472qa6.jpg

dsc0470yg0.jpg

sfo423

Reaction score
Make sure your shirt cuffs are tailored to fit over that overpriced lump.

FWIW; for a suit, you should spend your watch budget on a more refined piece for business attire.

skeen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sfo423

FWIW; for a suit, you should spend your watch budget on a more refined piece for business attire.

With all due respect, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. But I hope you made yourself feel better.
smile.gif

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
skeen, very nice. wear it in good health. but man, get a tan!

welcome to the Forum!

-Jeff

skeen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
skeen, very nice. wear it in good health. but man, get a tan!

welcome to the Forum!

-Jeff

LMAO. I dunno, tans look...tacky. Thanks otherwise though!

Reaction score
Make sure your shirt cuffs are tailored to fit over that overpriced lump. FWIW; for a suit, you should spend your watch budget on a more refined piece for business attire.
I am jealous, too! Not really my style, but I can see the appeal.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skeen
LMAO. I dunno, tans look...tacky. Thanks otherwise though!

Generally tans make it look like you're active, healthy, and spend some time outdoors. In moderation of course, otherwise it's really tacky and it gets even worse when you get the fake tan/bronze look...

donald_trump.png

Personally, I do not find spending large sums of money on timepieces a worthwhile pursuit. I have 2 decent wrist watches but even combined they're nothing close to a Panerai in terms of cost. I guess I have other things that grab my attention first; such as building a quality shoe collection, saving up for a TaT suit, waiting for MTM shirts to arrive....moving to a new apartment which requires new furniture etc.

Also on a personal note, I feel like the Panerai completely dominates your wrist. I know that's the aesthetic and part of the appeal but it's just not my taste.

Enjoy your watch and good luck with the suit.

skeen

Reaction score
Thank you. Of course, people have different interests and priorities. Watches are one of the few things I would consider worth large sums of money, but that's just my perspective.

Interestingly, I didn't like Panerai when I first saw them. I wanted a Rolex, perhaps a Submariner. When I was showed my watch in the store, I couldn't not leave without it - seeing it in person, it blew me away. They're truly incredible watches.

They do dominate the wrist, they're supposed to. It lends are certain level of style to the piece, sort of takes you aback at first glance, and then you realize that actually, it looks very nice. That's just my take.
smile.gif

I do find that people get a little hostile, and defensive upon learning the price though. Of course I don't tell anyone, but it shows up on forums where people know the cost. Insecurities abound, it's not my problem.

jqbomb

Reaction score
Nice watch. I bought my first Panerai, a Luminor Chrono, this spring. I absolutely love it, and find myself getting more compliments now that I've ditched the croc strap in favor of a brown calfskin one.

jqbomb

Reaction score
Nice watch. I bought my first Panerai, a Luminor Chrono, this spring. I absolutely love it, and find myself getting more compliments now that I've ditched the croc strap in favor of a brown calfskin one.

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skeen
When I was showed my watch in the store, I couldn't not leave without it -

This makes my brain hurt.
eh.gif

I know what he meant to say ... once he saw it, he had to have it ... but we're into double-negative territory here (or maybe triple-negative?) and I think he may have ended up saying he felt compelled to leave the watch in the store.

sfo423

Reaction score
When I was showed my watch in the store, I couldn't not leave without it
Originally Posted by Doc4
This makes my brain hurt.
eh.gif
I know what he meant to say ... once he saw it, he had to have it ... but we're into double-negative territory here (or maybe triple-negative?) and I think he may have ended up saying he felt compelled to leave the watch in the store.

I hear a banjo playin' in the background.........

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

*ahem*

But +1, of course.

khalidr

Reaction score
dudde....sooooo damn sweet! That's an amazing piece!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads