• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

My watch!

skeen

Reaction score
Howdy,

Just wanted to post pics of my watch. Hopefully it should go nicely with my suit!

sfo423

Reaction score
Make sure your shirt cuffs are tailored to fit over that overpriced lump.

FWIW; for a suit, you should spend your watch budget on a more refined piece for business attire.

skeen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sfo423

FWIW; for a suit, you should spend your watch budget on a more refined piece for business attire.

With all due respect, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. But I hope you made yourself feel better.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
skeen, very nice. wear it in good health. but man, get a tan!

welcome to the Forum!

-Jeff

skeen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
skeen, very nice. wear it in good health. but man, get a tan!

welcome to the Forum!

-Jeff

LMAO. I dunno, tans look...tacky. Thanks otherwise though!

Reaction score
Make sure your shirt cuffs are tailored to fit over that overpriced lump. FWIW; for a suit, you should spend your watch budget on a more refined piece for business attire.
I am jealous, too! Not really my style, but I can see the appeal.

whiteslashasian

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skeen
LMAO. I dunno, tans look...tacky. Thanks otherwise though!

Generally tans make it look like you're active, healthy, and spend some time outdoors. In moderation of course, otherwise it's really tacky and it gets even worse when you get the fake tan/bronze look...

Personally, I do not find spending large sums of money on timepieces a worthwhile pursuit. I have 2 decent wrist watches but even combined they're nothing close to a Panerai in terms of cost. I guess I have other things that grab my attention first; such as building a quality shoe collection, saving up for a TaT suit, waiting for MTM shirts to arrive....moving to a new apartment which requires new furniture etc.

Also on a personal note, I feel like the Panerai completely dominates your wrist. I know that's the aesthetic and part of the appeal but it's just not my taste.

Enjoy your watch and good luck with the suit.

skeen

Reaction score
Thank you. Of course, people have different interests and priorities. Watches are one of the few things I would consider worth large sums of money, but that's just my perspective.

Interestingly, I didn't like Panerai when I first saw them. I wanted a Rolex, perhaps a Submariner. When I was showed my watch in the store, I couldn't not leave without it - seeing it in person, it blew me away. They're truly incredible watches.

They do dominate the wrist, they're supposed to. It lends are certain level of style to the piece, sort of takes you aback at first glance, and then you realize that actually, it looks very nice. That's just my take.

I do find that people get a little hostile, and defensive upon learning the price though. Of course I don't tell anyone, but it shows up on forums where people know the cost. Insecurities abound, it's not my problem.

jqbomb

Reaction score
Nice watch. I bought my first Panerai, a Luminor Chrono, this spring. I absolutely love it, and find myself getting more compliments now that I've ditched the croc strap in favor of a brown calfskin one.

jqbomb

Reaction score
Nice watch. I bought my first Panerai, a Luminor Chrono, this spring. I absolutely love it, and find myself getting more compliments now that I've ditched the croc strap in favor of a brown calfskin one.

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skeen
When I was showed my watch in the store, I couldn't not leave without it -

This makes my brain hurt.

I know what he meant to say ... once he saw it, he had to have it ... but we're into double-negative territory here (or maybe triple-negative?) and I think he may have ended up saying he felt compelled to leave the watch in the store.

sfo423

Reaction score
When I was showed my watch in the store, I couldn't not leave without it
Originally Posted by Doc4
This makes my brain hurt.
I know what he meant to say ... once he saw it, he had to have it ... but we're into double-negative territory here (or maybe triple-negative?) and I think he may have ended up saying he felt compelled to leave the watch in the store.

I hear a banjo playin' in the background.........

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

*ahem*

But +1, of course.

khalidr

Reaction score
dudde....sooooo damn sweet! That's an amazing piece!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 245 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.7%
  • 31 - 40