1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My visit to Steed Tailors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unbelragazzo, Sep 10, 2013.

1. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

They have a phone number on the website. I've called them before.

2. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

You could try Twitter too if you use it

3. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

This is a holiday weekend in the UK, too. Plus they're probably getting ready for their upcoming US trip. Having said that, I've had conversations with Matthew this week, so my advice would be to keep trying.

4. hrv123

hrv123 Senior member

Ok I'll try to call them.

I'm trying to set up a time for their Chicago visit so there's some urgency.

@Andy57

If you happen to contact them again this week, please ask them to check their emails!

5. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Was delighted to find today that the had the exact piece of cloth a I want, a large scale brown and tan houndstooth. I went in there thinking I was going to order a Russell Plaid but got that instead. Been searching for just that cloth for a long time.

6. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

You were not a fan of the LL Shetland houndstooth?

7. Manton

Not that I was not a fan, it's just that I didn't have it and they couldn't get it for me when I asked. However, I do think that what they found is closer to what I was looking for.

8. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

Sounds like what I'm looking for, too. Will you post pictures of at least the fabric?

9. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

What are you making up? I have 3m of it and I may make mine up as an overcoat one day.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  10. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

11. Manton

I don't know what the fabric was but you can ask them. At first they didn't seem to quite understand what I wanted. But then when they understood they got an overcoat out of a suitcase and when I saw the cloth I knew that was what I wanted.

I am just getting a jacket, though. I think they said it was 18 ounces, all wool.

12. greger

greger Senior member

Wow! 18 oz. After last years winter back East sounds like a good buy. Along the western coast it seemed proof of global warming. Wonder what next winter will bring.

13. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

18 oz? IIRC, didn't you say you had no heat resistance? Even if you could wear that outside in a NY winter, what is going to happen when you go indoors?

14. Manton

18 is fine for a tweed coat. I like to be able to go out without an overcoat when I can. For some reason, the heat really tortures me in summer, but I have no problem wearing heavy cloth indoors in winter, with rare exceptions. I wear 16 ounce suits all the time without a problem.