• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick update - that w/s/l jacket above "relaxed" a bit after a few wears. Was weird, the wrinkles in the arms wouldn't release with hanging, but after 2-3 wears, its like the fabric just took a breath and relaxed, so no problems now.

Below is a more casual rig, @dieworkwear summer "tweed" in a 3 patch make up

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another quick update - this has arrived stateside and will be worn this weekend at a wedding. Midnight blue wool/mohair. Becuase of time constraints, Mina literally did this entire thing via email discussion and photos - fabric selection, shawl collar shape, details, all with some help from the State of Black Tie thread. Because i haven't done DB with Mina, that wasn't an option, but otherwise she made it all work beautifully.

I'll come back with a photo on me.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quick update - that w/s/l jacket above "relaxed" a bit after a few wears. Was weird, the wrinkles in the arms wouldn't release with hanging, but after 2-3 wears, its like the fabric just took a breath and relaxed, so no problems now.

Below is a more casual rig, @dieworkwear summer "tweed" in a 3 patch make up

View attachment 1211097
Damn. Should have latched onto that one when it came out.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tux shown in the post above as worn Saturday night:

I could not be happier with Mina's work - the fit, the attention to detail and the effort for a quick turnaround, it all came together perfectly and I am super happy.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't get the lapels, but a very nice silhouette. Glad they delivered for you!

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

birdlives80

Reaction score
Really really nice. The slight shoulder extension, touch of drape in the chest, you’ve really got a good thing with them.
The tux shown in the post above as worn Saturday night:

I could not be happier with Mina's work - the fit, the attention to detail and the effort for a quick turnaround, it all came together perfectly and I am super happy.

birdlives80

Reaction score
anyone know what fabric books Mina travels with? I know she has cacciopoli, but am hoping for Harrison’s oyster, lesser 13 and/or drapers 5star

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

calypso

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on the NSM shirts?
Will meet Mina on Monday and im considering buying some.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a bunch done about 6 or 7 years ago. I thought they were really good. A bit on the slim side. I don’t know if she is using the same shirtmaker(s) so my experience may be out of date.

I always thought Mina had a very good sense for design and pattern so I used to tell her what I needed and she would select the fabrics. I would seldom turn her choices down.

calypso

Reaction score
Sounds good.
I will definitely order at least one to start with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads