• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He was far too busy playing bass in punk bands in high school to get into basketball and his style is all the better for it.

If this was Facebook I would "Like" this post.

quar

Reaction score
Parker, that's some next level bespoke right there. :slayer:

gherrmann

Reaction score

I believe so but only because his last coat was cut so short that Mina had to purchase extra fabric and remake it. I don't believe this is a specifically "longer" iteration than what she normally does, I think she just got it right this time (He's 6'7").

Mina told me the rule of thumb (for lack of a better term) for jacket length in her neck of the woods is that the coat should stop at the first joint of the thumb (i.e., the joint closest to the tip of the thumb). So, I think she did go longer on your brother's (very nice) coat than she normally would by default.

Last edited:

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool. I'm contemplating having Mina make up my Minnis 0500 light gray Fresco summer suit. We shall see.

I'm about 99% sure I'm going to have her do the same for me. I promise not to wear it when I know we're going to be in the same place. If that ever happens. :D

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cool. I'm contemplating having Mina make up my Minnis 0500 light gray Fresco summer suit. We shall see.

I'm about 99% sure I'm going to have her do the same for me. I promise not to wear it when I know we're going to be in the same place. If that ever happens. :D

I'm thinking of same w peak lapels...thoughts?

emptym

Reaction score

What type of lining, D? I've just ordered a Minnis suit w/ what Vox, at least, calls "buggy" lining. But I'm wondering if white shirts will show through too much. B, how is your brown fresco coat lined?

If anyone has any thoughts about this, I'd appreciate your sharing them.

Last edited:

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Different photo.

Different different photo.
nsmsuit.jpg

Trying to promote the one flap out, one flap in look.

I will put in a note of dissent.

I dont like the length of either of these. Vox's looks 1" too short and Parker's looks 1" too long.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
I dont like the length of either of these. Vox's looks 1" too short and Parker's looks 1" too long.

very good observation, since you pointed it out it not seems quite apparent!

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

F. Corbera -- my opinion is that NSM looks better on you than your SRow items

I disagree. The Steeds suit you better than Mina. Her coats still look too short and too close cut
for your build.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking of same w peak lapels...thoughts?

I plan on going standard notch lapels and flap pockets. I think Mina's peak lapels can often be cut a tad too high.

What type of lining, D? I've just ordered a Minnis suit w/ what Vox, at least, calls "buggy" lining. But I'm wondering if white shirts will show through too much. B, how is your brown fresco coat lined?
If anyone has any thoughts about this, I'd appreciate your sharing them.

I'd definitely get it quarter lined. I don't worry at all about a touch of white shirt showing through. If it shows through it only would in certain light and since one is in motion no one would notice for more than a second or two. I'd like this suit to be as light as possible to wear comfortably in New York and Hong Kong humidity.

quar

Reaction score

If Parker's jacket was 1 inch shorter, it wouldn't cover his behind.

I think it's perfect.

wmb

Reaction score

I disagree. The Steeds suit you better than Mina. Her coats still look too short and too close cut
for your build.

The NSM looks more youthful to me -- the comment above regarding business attire for the Steed and others may ring true. For me at least...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads