• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What about patch flap pockets? I like that look with rustic cloth.

I love the color of that cord suit but it seems kinda bulky, even by cord standards. I think Vox said that was 24 oz cloth? I'm suppose the sweathog reference is on point.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also like cord jackets with flaps, maybe even
hacking
pockets. I don't know, something very British countryside / hunting & fishing to them that work well with flaps

I hear you. My brown cord suit has hacking pockets with a ticket pocket. I do like the look with cord. I just wish the fabric hadn't shrunk and it still fit me well.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"Ver-ry impressive, Mr. Kot-taire."

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
i-C7TJR98-X2.jpg

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

She's true to her words, higher buttoning point than usual.

The differential ways your left and right arm hangs (right arm closer to your hip; either that or you are hippier on your left) were best tailored by Mina.

- M

Last edited:

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How about a patch with a flap?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BTW Bill - great suit, love the color. I have two microcord suits on the way - navy and loden green.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Fun! Rubinacci house fabric or something else? While they'd probably do it already, I'd ask them to steam the crap out of the fabric ahead of time to get out any shrinkage. Mine shrank nearly 1/2 inch all around from body heat after wearing it bunch of times. The fabric was Harrison's.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I think patch flap would look better than plain patch on cord.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's also the possibility of 3 flap pockets. Not patch flap, but regular. I kind of like that actually.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I got my altered suit coat back from Mina a while back and wore it today for the first time since.

All in all, a significant improvment. The collar is on the neck better. The "crawling up my back and trying to fly away" feeling is still there, but diminished. The tightness in the chest has been aleviated so that I can now comfortably carry my wallet (no green Hermes) in my breast in-pocket.

Overall, my prior view was that I probably would not get another coat from her. Now I am rethinking that.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got my altered suit coat back from Mina a while back and wore it today for the first time since.
All in all, a significant improvment. The collar is on the neck better. The "crawling up my back and trying to fly away" feeling is still there, but diminished. The tightness in the chest has been aleviated so that I can now comfortably carry my wallet (no green Hermes) in my breast in-pocket.
Overall, my prior view was that I probably would not get another coat from her. Now I am rethinking that.

Still leaner than your Solito? My first was a little too lean, second was a little too loose and hopefully the third will be just right (only asked for a little more length at the fitting). Making a DB next.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

F. Corbera -- my opinion is that NSM looks better on you than your SRow items

+1 but personally I feel that the Napoli look works better than the S. Row look on everyone :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads