my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medtech_expat, Oct 31, 2010.

1. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

I picked up my first bespoke from her and Dino this weekend. Really pleased with it, I'm no expert like many of the others on the forum, but I thoroughly enjoyed the process and the final product.

It's a mid-grey suit with jetted pockets (no flaps), unlined and light as a feather. I will admit it's strange to go from high-quality RTW to bespoke, it almost doesn't feel like it fits right but I think that's because it fits so well if that makes sense. I turned all styling over to her, it feels very elegant...she really nailed it.

Also had a first fitting on two sports coats that she's working on. I'll post pics when I get a chance but one is a Loro Piana shepard check that may be of interest to the poster above. It's lighter in colour and weight than the Brunello (which I have) but has a lot of visual interest. The other is a blue (glen plaid?) that Dino picked out. He's got more style than I do so I've got trust in his eye.

I've read lots on the forum about the bespoke process and followed the various discussions/disagreements over points of style and technical matters with interest (at least those that I could understand). For me it's been nothing but pure enjoyment. They're lovely people, I appreciate doing business with them and couldn't be happier with the product. It's just neat to be around people who have craft, who have passion and who have pride in what they do. I'd recommend the experience to anybody with a passing interest in clothes. Fascinating stuff.

Smart man.

2. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

I think I will have a fitting for a brown glen check jacket and a gray flannel suit this week.
    Don't you already have a couple of grey flannel suits? I seem to at least recall a single button one with patch pockets...

3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes. Gray flannel is my favorite kind of suit to wear, so I don't mind having a few. This will be a PoW from Fox Flannel so a little different.

4. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Yes. Gray flannel is my favorite kind of suit to wear, so I don't mind having a few. This will be a PoW from Fox Flannel so a little different.

Which one is it, K?

5. Parker

They call it navy and ecru with a dark green windowpane. The effect is kind of a cool gray. I'm DTO-ing NOBD. 2-pc SB, but with flap pockets.

[​IMG]

6. forex

forex Senior member

^^ Are you using NSM exclusively now? No more Chan?

7. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

They call it navy and ecru with a dark green windowpane. The effect is kind of a cool gray. I'm DTO-ing NOBD. 2-pc SB, but with flap pockets.

[​IMG]

I know it. Very nice.

I'd love a suit in their navy windowpane flannel. That'll be down the line though.

8. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

[​IMG]

9. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

I'm looking forward to seeing Mina and Dino tomorrow.

-LR

10. comrade

comrade Senior member

They call it navy and ecru with a dark green windowpane. The effect is kind of a cool gray. I'm DTO-ing NOBD. 2-pc SB, but with flap pockets. [​IMG]
    Flap pockets! Great. I'm glad that you've finally come to your senses

11. Lightbringer

Lightbringer Senior member

I am looking forward to seeing Mina tomorrow. Seeing her in Boston will mean that I have seen her four different cities so far, which amuses me greatly.

12. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

i would love a suit made out of that fabric

13. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Black shoes?

[​IMG]

14. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

Sounds good. Do you regret getting patch pockets on the solid grey flannel suit or are the flaps on this one just because you like the diversity and/or that you feel they're better suited to this fabric?

15. Parker

Flap pockets! Great. I'm glad that you've finally come to your senses
    [​IMG] I still love a good patch pocket. But, some suits just call for flaps.
    I am looking forward to seeing Mina tomorrow. Seeing her in Boston will mean that I have seen her four different cities so far, which amuses me greatly.
    You're 1 city ahead of me.
    Black shoes?
    Black is back! Move it up a notch on the iGent hype cycle. [​IMG]
    Sounds good. Do you regret getting patch pockets on the solid grey flannel suit or are the flaps on this one just because you like the diversity and/or that you feel they're better suited to this fabric?
    No regrets. I was having some fun with that. Generally, I like patch pockets on sport coats and casual suits and flaps for more formal fabrics. Gray flannel probably calls for flaps, but I think sometimes you can go either way.