1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medtech_expat, Oct 31, 2010.

1. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Distinguished Member

2. zr3rs

zr3rs Senior Member

I guess a dropped right shoulder causing slight bunching above the buttoning point and below the lapel.

I have that with almost everything depending on posture, it can be minimized with shoulder correction, but that is not easy and comes with its own set of problems.

3. WillingToLearn

Could be, really only shows on the softest/lightest of fabrics. I've had other tailors try to correct for the slight drop with ruinous results. This doesn't bother me, i also think it is so slight, that its one of those things only people on SF notice while poring over the details of still photos on the internet. Given movement is real life, this isn't a visible issue.

4. WillingToLearn

Its always a bit of torture when you see a photo of your next commission and NsM won't be in town for another 5 weeks. The one on the left is mine.

@dieworkwear "summer tweed"

upload_2018-1-23_12-54-43.png

5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Distinguished Member

I think it happens because tailors fold the cloth over onto itself, then cut the two front panels using the same pattern so they're symmetrical. I've had the issue fixed by just raising the right panel from the shoulder. I think it's actually a pretty easy fix -- at least fro m my experience. But agree with Willing that nobody in real life notices these things. And it's impossible to notice unless you're standing perfectly still.

Anyway, the jackets look stylish and I think style is more important than the precision of the fit.

6. Maccimus

Maccimus Distinguished Member

It wouldn't be an issue if you don't care about it. But it is quite visible to be honest. It not only causes the creases around the button, but also ruined the lines at the waist.

You can put them on, see in what posture the problem disappears, and freeze. If you feel comfortable in that particular posture, then I would say it is not a problem at all.

7. WillingToLearn