my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medtech_expat, Oct 31, 2010.

1. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

This was me about 2 1/2 years ago, at my fighting weight (155 or so). I think I just need a colonic.

[​IMG]

The gorge on this jacket looks lower, and the lapels narrower, than on your other jackets. Did Mina do this one too?

2. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

[​IMG]
    Did not know Mancini was a client. That explains a lot. Mihajlovic still manages to look like a thug. [​IMG]

3. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Just received a few random pics from the last-minute photoshoot... these won't be used on the NSM website, and I haven't seen the better pics as of yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks great.

4. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

^^ looks good but dont you feel that the notch/gorge is too high and the trousers too tight ?

Not particularly; as this has been my first experience with bespoke, I wanted to cede artistic control to Mina and rely on her native aesthetic sensibility. I believe I am only 1 of 2 US customers who have gone the full monty on the admittedly slim trousers, but for most situations I find they're perfectly suitable. Fit is bang on. Mind you - I work in an industry where going beyond baggy khakis and rockports is somewhat of a sartorial miracle. [​IMG]

Later this year I tend to engage someone from SR or perhaps LH for more sedate suiting. Planning to check in at LH when back in Naples in 2 weeks. Will post pictorial if not too lazy...

5. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Not particularly; as this has been my first experience with bespoke, I wanted to cede artistic control to Mina and rely on her native aesthetic sensibility. I believe I am only 1 of 2 US customers who have gone the full monty on the admittedly slim trousers, but for most situations I find they're perfectly suitable. Fit is bang on. Mind you - I work in an industry where going beyond baggy khakis and rockports is somewhat of a sartorial miracle. [​IMG]

Later this year I tend to engage someone from SR or perhaps LH for more sedate suiting. Planning to check in at LH when back in Naples in 2 weeks. Will post pictorial if not too lazy...

I think you look great E (not crazy about shirt collar though [​IMG]). It's obviously an in your face cut which is not to everyone's taste but the roll of the lapels is just gorgeous. And a slim guy like you looks kick ass in that type of cut. My jackets are cut fuller than yours but our pants look the same [​IMG]

coolpapabooze: zegna, not Mina

6. forex

forex Senior member

^^ looks good but dont you feel that the notch/gorge is too high and the trousers too tight ?

+1,I agree with you,the gorge seems too high and pants are way too slim for my taste. It just doesn't seem that proportions are right,shirt collar is gigantic so are the lapels. I like wide lapels but I think that they don't go with medtech's frame,I think they should be slightly narrower,just a tad.

7. ndw

ndw Senior member

^I don't know. I think everything looks great (including the shirt collar)! That roll is so nice and I think the skinny trous suit your frame.

8. edmorel

Lapels could be a smidge thinner but I think they look great as is. The shirt collar needs to be lower and longer. The pants are perfect for the cut and his frame.

9. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

[...]I like wide lapels but I think that they don't go with medtech's frame,I think they should be slightly narrower,just a tad.

I agree. Wide lapels are dangerous when you have a slim build as they make everything else look narrow by comparison.
    Having said that, the suit and the jacket still look gorgeous.

10. someotherstyle

someotherstyle Senior member

medtech, where is that shirt from. I dig that collar (sorry Ed)

11. medtech_expat

very nice suit, sportcoat and pics! I'm not sure it has been mentioned but what is the usual turn around time, if visiting mina a napoli?

Looks great.

^I don't know. I think everything looks great (including the shirt collar)! That roll is so nice and I think the skinny trous suit your frame.

Thanks, gents.

medtech, where is that shirt from. I dig that collar (sorry Ed)

This is Finamore MTM.

12. medtech_expat

I think you look great E (not crazy about shirt collar though [​IMG]). It's obviously an in your face cut which is not to everyone's taste but the roll of the lapels is just gorgeous. And a slim guy like you looks kick ass in that type of cut. My jackets are cut fuller than yours but our pants look the same [​IMG]

Looking forward to seeing some of your NSM & Panta stuff next month, Ed. btw, that houndstooth waistcoat is beautiful - any plans for donegal tweed??

13. medtech_expat

The shirt collar needs to be lower and longer.

You are the Oracle - my prova shirt from Mina fits this description.

14. edmorel

Looking forward to seeing some of your NSM & Panta stuff next month, Ed. btw, that houndstooth waistcoat is beautiful - any plans for donegal tweed??

thanks and yes, hope you can make it to NYC end of next month.

15. vncrz

vncrz Senior member

medtech_expat, that SC, trousers and suit look amazing! Contrary to some other posters, I really like how the slim fit pairs with the aggressive width and roll of the lapels; that is exactly the sort of look I would go for with NSM (in the not too far future I hope!). Then again, I am tall and thin, and the look is certainly not for everyone.