1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medtech_expat, Oct 31, 2010.

1. firenze_rob

firenze_rob Senior member

Who the hell knows. I've managed to lock in some historical client pricing with some and with others I'm subject to the same across the board price increases. It's not like labor prices are actually increasing. So I have no idea. I've almost reached the point where it's a hobby no longer worth the price of admission since the space has become so crowded (I have an analyst who shows up in nicely tailored suit supply suits and it's hard to argue that he's not getting lots of bang for the buck there) and have turned my eyes toward double breasted numbers along with bespoke footwear.

I have about a dozen lengths of cloth (a couple of LL lengths and an english Solaro) sitting in the closet. I'll probably just go through those and reevaluate.

Also, I can't imagine having 11 suits/jackets made by the same house. You need to change it up sometimes. It's evolution.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. firenze_rob

just scanned through the Paone thread along with the requisite Reeve's 3pc suit thread. Classic.

1 person likes this.
  3. greger

greger Senior member

Why do tailors keep raising prices each year?

Supply and demand, and they can.
    Find unknown tailors that are just as good and their prices will probably be reasonable. Bench made is more time consuming with more opportunity to make better garments, so naturally will cost more than that which is shoved through the production line.

4. firenze_rob

Reasonable is all relative. A quart of organic milk at the corner korean deli is 4.50.

5. Jay Suave

Jay Suave Well-Known Member

Can you please share the link @greger

6. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Doesn't everyone? No hate. BTW who do you use? Because I like the pics of yourself you've posted in the past year or so.

7. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

It would been nice if they hovered around a constant price for repeat buyers. Paul Stuart.

8. firenze_rob

Dege just sent me an email that they were lowering prices.

9. Jay Suave

Jay Suave Well-Known Member

Anyone going to see them in NYC in march?