1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medtech_expat, Oct 31, 2010.

1. forex

forex Senior member

^^ looks good but dont you feel that the notch/gorge is too high and the trousers too tight ?

+1,I agree with you,the gorge seems too high and pants are way too slim for my taste. It just doesn't seem that proportions are right,shirt collar is gigantic so are the lapels. I like wide lapels but I think that they don't go with medtech's frame,I think they should be slightly narrower,just a tad.

2. ndw

ndw Senior member

^I don't know. I think everything looks great (including the shirt collar)! That roll is so nice and I think the skinny trous suit your frame.

3. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Lapels could be a smidge thinner but I think they look great as is. The shirt collar needs to be lower and longer. The pants are perfect for the cut and his frame.

4. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

[...]I like wide lapels but I think that they don't go with medtech's frame,I think they should be slightly narrower,just a tad.

I agree. Wide lapels are dangerous when you have a slim build as they make everything else look narrow by comparison.
    Having said that, the suit and the jacket still look gorgeous.

5. someotherstyle

someotherstyle Senior member

medtech, where is that shirt from. I dig that collar (sorry Ed)

6. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

very nice suit, sportcoat and pics! I'm not sure it has been mentioned but what is the usual turn around time, if visiting mina a napoli?

Looks great.

^I don't know. I think everything looks great (including the shirt collar)! That roll is so nice and I think the skinny trous suit your frame.

Thanks, gents.

medtech, where is that shirt from. I dig that collar (sorry Ed)

This is Finamore MTM.

7. medtech_expat

I think you look great E (not crazy about shirt collar though [​IMG]). It's obviously an in your face cut which is not to everyone's taste but the roll of the lapels is just gorgeous. And a slim guy like you looks kick ass in that type of cut. My jackets are cut fuller than yours but our pants look the same [​IMG]

Looking forward to seeing some of your NSM & Panta stuff next month, Ed. btw, that houndstooth waistcoat is beautiful - any plans for donegal tweed??

8. medtech_expat

The shirt collar needs to be lower and longer.

You are the Oracle - my prova shirt from Mina fits this description.

9. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looking forward to seeing some of your NSM & Panta stuff next month, Ed. btw, that houndstooth waistcoat is beautiful - any plans for donegal tweed??

thanks and yes, hope you can make it to NYC end of next month.

10. vncrz

vncrz Senior member

medtech_expat, that SC, trousers and suit look amazing! Contrary to some other posters, I really like how the slim fit pairs with the aggressive width and roll of the lapels; that is exactly the sort of look I would go for with NSM (in the not too far future I hope!). Then again, I am tall and thin, and the look is certainly not for everyone.

11. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Medtech beautiful jacket. I like the trim look. Looking forward to meeting Mina next week in San Francisco to start on a jacket. Your photos are helpful. Thanks for posting them.

12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

^^ looks good but dont you feel that the notch/gorge is too high and the trousers too tight ?

+1

13. JohnD356

JohnD356 Senior member

Medtech beautiful jacket. I like the trim look. Looking forward to meeting Mina next week in San Francisco to start on a jacket. Your photos are helpful. Thanks for posting them.

Agreed. I like the lapel and gorge height.

14. _AMD

_AMD Senior member

+1,I agree with you,the gorge seems too high and pants are way too slim for my taste. It just doesn't seem that proportions are right,shirt collar is gigantic so are the lapels. I like wide lapels but I think that they don't go with medtech's frame,I think they should be slightly narrower,just a tad.

Now, I realize that this is a place to nitpick the minutiae of men's clothing, but can you honestly say that if you saw the op walking down the street in these clothes, that you wouldn't find him to be a well turned out gentleman?

I think everything looks great, especially in the context in which it has been posted.

Aaron

15. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

thanks and yes, hope you can make it to NYC end of next month.

You're having a party for all the NSM clients coming in that week right? What time should the wife and I arrive and what's the dress code?

16. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Now, I realize that this is a place to nitpick the minutiae of men's clothing, but can you honestly say that if you saw the op walking down the street in these clothes, that you wouldn't find him to be a well turned out gentleman?

I think everything looks great, especially in the context in which it has been posted.

Aaron

You are making too much of what I said. Ed posted a pic, I didnt like a couple of aspects of it and pointed it out without malice. He took it well. I dont see the issue.

I generally like Mina's work (from SF pics) except that she likes the gorge too high and her pants are quite fitted.

17. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

While I do agree that I prefer a slightly lower gorge and a slightly roomier fit, I have to say that both outfits look spectacular. I do not see people dressed this well on the street.

18. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

You're having a party for all the NSM clients coming in that week right? What time should the wife and I arrive and what's the dress code?

No he's not.

19. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

No he's not.

Awwwww.

20. apropos

apropos Senior member

While I do agree that I prefer a slightly lower gorge and a slightly roomier fit, I have to say that both outfits look spectacular. I do not see people dressed this well on the street.
    +1