• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To pull the pin off another grenade, I'll put out there that her pents are superior in fit and finish to the 5-6 pairs I've had made up by Salvatore...

Disagree, but maybe I just need to tweak the fit of my NSM pents. I find Ambrosi's to be a bit more .... something. Nothing wrong with the NSM pents at all but the Ambrosi's fit me better.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear them at my natural waist, and every time I unbutton my coat, I wait for friends to gawk (yes, they do) about why I have my trousers pulled up so high. Sighs. High-waisted trousers are not a lady-magnet. That much is certain. Well, you can't have your cake and eat it.
Dressing "well" is not a lady magnet, anyways. You want to be a lady magnet, wear a black suit with a black shirt and a black tie. Everything skin-tight, of course. And the pants should sit at your natural thighs, not even at your hips.

Last edited:

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just tell them that a smaller pair doesn't cover all it should. That's why you have the pleats, also.

That's a good one. Ha.

Dressing "well" is not a lady magnet, anyways. You want to be a lady magnet, wear a black suit with a black shirt and a black tie. Everything skin-tight, of course. And the pants should sit at your natural thighs, not even at your hips.

I'm not sure the meth-induced goth girl is whom I have in mind. :D

Last edited:

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dressing "well" is not a lady magnet, anyways....

I disagree 100%, and I am the undisputed SF creepy-old-man-expert on these things (or at least I am declaring myself so)

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dressing "well" is not a lady magnet, anyways. You want to be a lady magnet, wear a black suit with a black shirt and a black tie. Everything skin-tight, of course. And the pants should sit at your natural thighs, not even at your hips.

If its only at your thighs then how are people suppose to see the awesome boxers you are rocking?! I ask my tailors to have my trousers sit at my knees......

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree 100%, and I am the undisputed SF creepy-old-man-expert on these things (or at least I am declaring myself so)
I suppose it depends on the lady. I hang out with girls in their late 20's and I can assure you that pants at the waist, braces and plaid jackets are the best of repellants
lol8[1].gif

Thankfully I don't wear that on weekends. But for them, suits should be worn "like a modern, young man" and that means what I described previously. That, or one of those Zara low-rise, short-jacket monstrosities.

Just to make my point clear, when I say "dressing well" I refer to wearing coat and tie like Grant, Connery, Astaire, etc... did. The "old-fashioned" way.

Last edited:

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting discussion about NSM over the last few pages. Thanks to all the participants.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I suppose it depends on the lady. I hang out with girls in their late 20's and I can assure you that pants at the waist, braces and plaid jackets are the best of repellants
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

Thankfully I don't wear that on weekends. But for them, suits should be worn "like a modern, young man" and that means what I described previously. That, or one of those Zara low-rise, short-jacket monstrosities.

Just to make my point clear, when I say "dressing well" I refer to wearing coat and tie like Grant, Connery, Astaire, etc... did. The "old-fashioned" way.

Sigh, there is a lot of truth to this :brick:

Good thing I'm married so I can wear whatever I goddamn well please.

Which usually means SF-approved high-waisted mid-grey trousers, blue shirt, and plaid jacket :D

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let's be real here, fellas. If a man's style of dressing really tipped the scales for women, almost no men would ever get laid.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol8%5B1%5D.gif
. . . .

You are just hanging out with the wrong girls, or they're too old. Around 25 is the sweet spot . . . .

But back to the important stuff: Vox has resolved the issue with this important and informative graphic.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not where I live really. The problem is it attracts contrived hipsters thinking I am in a really great costume. They also think I am an interesting artist. I love seeing them become more disinterested as they talk to me.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Not where I live really. The problem is it attracts contrived hipsters thinking I am in a really great costume. They also think I am an interesting artist. I love seeing them become more disinterested as they talk to me.

At what point do you unleash the crotchgrab?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads