1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medtech_expat, Oct 31, 2010.

1. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Senior member

CMT 2 pieces suit 1500. CMT overcoat 1500. Suit fabric 200-400 euro. Coat fabric 300-700 euro average and upwards (15,000 for Vicuña)

2. JL724

JL724 Senior member

No, overcoats are closer to 2,000 euro plus fabric. The last two I ordered from Mina were a fair amount more than my suits.

3. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

FWIW Mina has told me before that Swedish clients tend to like their stuff really tight. No matter how tight she makes it, they keep telling her to make it tighter.

2 people like this.
  4. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

+1. Same experience. Still a good deal though. Compare to ~$4.5K USD for Poole.

5. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

Same here, 2000 EUR + fabric for me as well.

6. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Senior member

This one is from Solito (very recent)

[​IMG]

And this is the jacket from my last trip:
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  7. Big A

Big A Senior member

I thought he had retired for some reason

8. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

ditto

9. JL724

JL724 Senior member

Mina is, IMO, the best "value" in bespoke tailoring right now. Great product, FANTASTIC people to work with and I have never heard of an issue with cancelled trips, delayed garments, etc. I think they are the only option for Italian tailors who travels to the states on a regular basis. I know Liverano and Formosa are talking about starting to make trips, but based on prior experiences with other italian tailors, I would rather wait until they demonstrate some consistency in coming before making that commitment.

I continue to use Poole, Dege and soon Steed for different styles, but the quality and service from NSM is every bit as good as their British counterparts.

10. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

You could be the next vox.

11. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

I've only read about her but I would agree, especially if one lives in the cities she travels to. Because HK has my pattern though and I can make a vacation out of the trip, I'm still wedded to the East.

12. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

There's truth to that. Personally I think she gets a lot of first-time bespoke clients given her price point and these might be used to the very skinny ready to wear suits that have been popular for over a decade here (and probably all over Northern Europe). I'm wondering if we'll ever see an end to these atrocities. Sometimes I fear suits exploding in a cascade of fused wickedness if their wearers would draw a deep breath. :)

I am picking up my first finished garments from her on Saturday in Stockholm. I also have two sports coats to be fitted for. So I can't really judge yet. What is convenient is of course that they come to Stockholm 3-4 times/year. And from what I've heard it's good value, I have several friends that have been very satisfied with their work. They are also pretty responsive to e-mails although this could be improved IMO. I've had no replies to my e-mails about a shirt collar and cuffs so I have no idea what kind of shirt I'm picking up this weekend. :) But Mina and Dino have been nice to deal with IRL and being on the road all the time like they are, I can understand they can have a hard time keeping track of all the inbound e-mails they receive.

13. Big A

Big A Senior member

We'll need to see his closet first

1 person likes this.
  14. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Senior member

well i am relatively new in bespoke, a couple of jackets and some suits. I am still exploring new styles; i will try a sicilian tailor in a couple of months and Liverano in Florence. So far in Naples i tried 3 tailors but satisfied only the work of Solito. He's a great tailor and very nice person.

15. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

Does Mina bring a cutter with her to the states?

16. E TF

E TF Senior member

I don't believe she takes a cutter with her anywhere. She does the measuring, takes some pictures and video, which I guess she then shows the cutter back in Naples.

17. vorkanz

vorkanz Well-Known Member

Is it posible to get natural shoulder with shirth sleeve insert with nsm? im not a big fan of the pagoda shoulders and have a few of thoose by nsm and got a time booked with them tomorow.

18. comrade

comrade Senior member

I've seen NSM's work at several SF Meet-ups.
    I think Iive seen the "shirt sleeve shoulders".
    NSM cuts seem to vary. Some jackets I've seen
    are ridiculously short- perhaps the wearer's preference.
    Overall, I prefer Steed- Full disclosure, I am a customer of neither,
    and don't wear bespoke.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  19. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Considering an NSM commission,

Just read through 50+ pages of "Pa-Fucked" comments. Still haven't gotten to the resolution part. Did NSM ever address the issue? I think much of it was overblown by :foo:

20. vorkanz

vorkanz Well-Known Member

True. I meet Mina and Dino today and ordered a suit with a nice heavy 340g wool from Minnis. And talked a little about the soulder and i think they understood pretty well that i want a straight soulder with shirt sleeve-insert