1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medtech_expat, Oct 31, 2010.

1. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Vox, Foo, Naples, and drape, i.e. what all of MC is about.

[​IMG]

Panico's suits are weightless, lighter than LH's IMO.

I don't like them nearly as much, but they are nice.

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

[​IMG]

Just because it's pretty. No other reason.

- B

3. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

T4 used to, I believe. In fact, I know he used to, but I have no idea if he still does. Panico's own suits are quite nice.

i still do
    next up for him is a breanish sportscoat and a Drapers blue twill suit

4. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

To get this thread back on track, I met Mina earlier and my suit is coming along nicely. A few adjustments are needed here and there, but Mina is very amenable to making changes / having additional fittings until the customer is happy. None of the "2 fittings and you're done American" that is somewhat common on the Row.

5. voxsartoria

Hard to tell. It certainly needs more Eddie and much less [​IMG]

I liked it better when the needle was in your arm.

- B

6. voxsartoria

To get this thread back on track, I met Mina earlier and my suit is coming along nicely. A few adjustments are needed here and there, but Mina is very amenable to making changes / having additional fittings until the customer is happy. None of the "2 fittings and you're done American" that is somewhat common on the Row.

Good. I like that.

- B

7. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Ed - what fabric is that again? LP?

I'll ask today.

The fabric is Loro Piana. It's not from an LP book, however - it's from the Cacciopoli Golden #3 book. Cacciopoli is the sole distributor for LP in Naples.

8. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

This was my exact experience with Mina when I saw her yesterday for my basted fitting. She was very proactive in soliciting my feedback and took the time to illustrate various tweaks that could be made using both my jacket and other finished coats as examples. There also didnt seem to be any customers before or after me so perhaps that played into her patience/interest level.

Most importantly, both jacket and pants were coming along nicely, not many changes were needed. Will try and post some pictures if I can track them down.

9. voxsartoria

10. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

My second-hand Solito is more like your Solito.

- B

That's Mem church in the background right? I used to be in Thayer, fortunately on the side away from the bells.

So is that castle like place you take the other pics also in Cambridge? Hmmm now where could that be. . . .

11. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looks a lot like a Marigliano to me, FWIW.

- B

not really, I've seen him and his works, they are even slimmer. I tried on one of his finished coats and the sleeve caps are already hugging my shoulders, and he thinks I should get a narrower shoulder still.

12. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

so to answer a few "issues" that have been raised here, here is a coat with a slightly lower gorge, no "lift"/rollino at the sleevehead, a slightly smaller collar (height), a more "conservative" cut all around. Also, a DB, although I wish I had gone with a different fabric as the finishing on this Minnis is so blah it puts me to sleep and defeats the purpose that I wanted the DB for. Of course, I included my toilet in the pics. She will be back in December.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the peaks are high but they do not go past the shoulder line as it looks in the frontal view. I like the high peaks on my pillsbury doughboy shape and will probably ask for a miniscule move downward (1/8 inch or so at most) on the next DB. ALthough, at 1/8 inch or so, I guess what is the point. And the divots are in the arm that I was holding up funny to take the pic.

[​IMG]

13. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Saw both those coats but didn't realize they were yours. The fabric on the LP cashmere is very nice.

14. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

This was the sport coat you just picked up right? I saw it on the hanger and I like it a lot. Mina told me it was yours when said that i liked it. Which fabric is it? Is it a 12/13 oz?

15. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

Love the DB Ed. This coat caught my eye in Mina's shop last week. Which Minnis did you go with? Am hunting at the moment for a fabric in a similar plaid or a PoW.

16. voxsartoria

not really, I've seen him and his works, they are even slimmer. I tried on one of his finished coats and the sleeve caps are already hugging my shoulders, and he thinks I should get a narrower shoulder still.

Interesting. He seems to go for an extended shoulder at least occasionally on himself:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- B

17. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks guys. I think I am going to have her make the collars taller, not sure yet, will wear this stuff a few times first. I just got used to the taller collars on the other stuff.

This was the sport coat you just picked up right? I saw it on the hanger and I like it a lot. Mina told me it was yours when said that i liked it. Which fabric is it? Is it a 12/13 oz?

The LP is a sportcoat, the DB is a suit. I forget the LP weight, its cashmere so kinda light.

Love the DB Ed. This coat caught my eye in Mina's shop last week. Which Minnis did you go with? Am hunting at the moment for a fabric in a similar plaid or a PoW.

It's Minnis flannel 0325, but I would tell you to get something else if you are looking for "sexy". If you are looking for Camila Parker Bowles, this is your fabric.

18. voxsartoria

It's Minnis flannel 0325, but I would tell you to get something else if you are looking for "sexy". If you are looking for Camila Parker Bowles, this is your fabric.

There is nothing about which that Minnis needs to apologize in a suit.

- B

19. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

so to answer a few "issues" that have been raised here, here is a coat with a slightly lower gorge, no "lift"/rollino at the sleevehead, a slightly smaller collar (height), a more "conservative" cut all around. Also, a DB, although I wish I had gone with a different fabric as the finishing on this Minnis is so blah it puts me to sleep and defeats the purpose that I wanted the DB for. Of course, I included my toilet in the pics. She will be back in December. [​IMG] [​IMG] and the peaks are high but they do not go past the shoulder line as it looks in the frontal view. I like the high peaks on my pillsbury doughboy shape and will probably ask for a miniscule move downward (1/8 inch or so at most) on the next DB. ALthough, at 1/8 inch or so, I guess what is the point. And the divots are in the arm that I was holding up funny to take the pic. [​IMG]
    Ed, looking good. The fabric looks great as a DB suit, I don't know why you think it's so blah. The peak lapel make it look very chic in my opinion. What would you have chosen instead? -LR

20. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Didn't you have a LP PoW?

Yeah, didn't you?

That'll make a great DB [​IMG]